Changes at Kings Island?

marlfox_21

I will not get to enjoy Kings Island until later this summer. So I have some questions for those of you who have already experienced Cedar Fair's impact on the park.

Has the music on International Street changed at all? And if so, what music do they play now.?

My other question has to do with parking. Since Cedar Fair has announced that the paramount names will be changing over time, have they changed the names of the Rows for Parking?

An example of this would be Top Gun 1, Tomb Raider 5, etc.

And on top of this. What major changes, other than the obvious ( Firehawk, etc. ) did you notice?

Also, what small changes did you notice?

I am really interested in knowing this.

m.f.21

yah, I didnt go in until 3:50 on Saturday and 11:50 on sunday! But, I was at the park from about 12:30 till 3:30 saturday riding rides. I did see some people there though. I know Coasters 'n such introduced himself, and a few others! Hope to see some of you in the park some other times!

That billboard for Top Gun looks so tacky the way they removed "Gillette Mach 3"

The reason for not seeing Gillette Mach 3 on the billboard is that Gillette tring to sell the new Fusion

618972-R1-13-12_014.jpg

Anyone see a trash can?

618972-R1-24-23_025.jpg

Paramount??

618972-R1-21-20_022.jpg

Still not ready

618972-R1-12-11_013.jpg

Still not ready

Edited by Vortex

First off I noticed an increase or much more of a visible presence in security. In an instance that has never happened to me in the 25+ years I've been going, a security officer aproached my car as I was eating lunch and talking on the phone just to see if I was ok. There were other guys on bikes as well patroling the season pass parking area..perhaps looking for something that was reported or just being friendly.

I also noticed alot of saftey precautions with the new ownership..like new seatbelts on seemingly every ride, several wooden boards over the original metal gates that lead to the ride area on the Adventure Express (perhaps to protect little ones from getting into the area), and new fencing around the track of The Beast.

The park seems to be much cleaner and I don't know if its me but there seems to be more garbage cans around the park. Perhaps its the new logo on every can that draws my attention to them.

The new uniforms are interesting. The supervisors on each ride (even female) wear ties making them look very professional. Odly enough most ride ops still have the old paramount parks shirts..perhaps waiting for the new shirts to arrive. And ironically enough its those with the least desirable of jobs that have the best uniforms with the street sweepers wearing bright yellow or greenish button up shirts.

In terms of music there is a noticeable abscence of movie scores. And on Q-tv it was initially a bit shocking to see old favorites replaced by Huey Louis videos lol.

And finally in a small but welcomed change, they have removed the fencing that separated the entry and exit area of The Beast alowing for quick turnarounds on slow days.

The employees are all wearing the same shorts. :lol: Dont forget those seatbelts on Vortex and top gun and Adventure Express. I was walking down I street hearing " I dont wanna wait for our lives to be over" weird.

ahh man...seatbelts? darn...

Some things I noticed different: the music on International street was more like something you'd hear on a mix radio station, rather than adventure movie soundtracks;

Flight of Fear's hanger was pitch black with the exception of light coming from the end station area.

IJ:ST had all the special effects working.

There were tons of Nick characters greeting at the entrance.

Obviously, the seat belts.

Also, there were garbage collecters all over the place, one even dedicated to the dining area around the fries place in rivertown.

There were also people walking around with maps and helping guests find rides.

Almost all new signs throughout the park, and the other stuff mentioned in other posts.

Nearly all of the chain link fencing is gone in Action Zone. Especially along Delirium and the entry way to Action Zone and around Days of Thunder with a new entry into the Stunt Grill from the Midway. The movie posters in Action Zone have been replaced with attraction and event posters.

Coney mall has been repainted.

The flower beds around the Eifel Tower have been replaced with sod. LOTS of trees have been trimmed.

the walkways appear to have been washed clean adn there was no litter anywhere.

It looked like the different department uniforms were also color coded. Sweepers were wearing yellow. food service blue, shops maroon and I didn't notice on the rides if the uniforms had changed.

The restroom in Action Zone was REALLY dirty.

Overall, the park was really, really clean. Last year, before Cedar Fair there was a milkshake stain in Action Zone for weeks and it only got dirtier as the weeks wore on.

...And ironically enough its those with the least desirable of jobs that have the best uniforms with the street sweepers wearing bright yellow or greenish button up shirts.

....now we can walk up Coney Mall on a super-crowded day and be able to

And who you calling least desirable? Eco rocks man (now Park Services). :P

Hey, by all of the special effects, does this include onboard audio? I already know the copter works fine (better than before, it moves up AND down!), but so far, I can hear the sirens a mile away on the ride. I was just wondering if the onboard audio works.

PS: We rock.

....which AZ restroom was supposedly dirty? And was it yesterday or Saturday?

Its great to hear that CF is living up to their name with cleanliness. That is one of the biggest concerns a number of people had with paramount and it seems like CF is fixing that problem. Great to know! I cant wait to get home and get to the park and 2 weeks ;)

....which AZ restroom was supposedly dirty? And was it yesterday or Saturday?

It was saturday. It was the restroom by SOB. Let me recount....the toilet furthest back in the restroom was overflowing with poop at about 6:00pm and the stalls really needed to be painted. Because there apparently was graphiti on the stall walls they were sanded and painted hastily. Granted, there was nothing that the cleaning personnel could do about that, because that is a maintainence issue, however it, along with the poop made the whole room look and feel unclean.

Ohhh, okay. That handicap stall has a real bad habit of stopping up and overflowing at times. It's been doing that forever, since I started in '04. And we've been complaining to maintenance about it, but it has yet to be fixed.

Just like the sinks in Front Gate Womens that have a bad leak. They have yet to fix that as well.

Oh, and I've tried very VERY hard to scrub the graffiti off the walls with all the cleaning products we have, and they still don't come off. But, yeah, when I go in this Saturday I need to do some more complaining about the handicap stall in SOB 'cause there's been several times last year when there have been real bad overflows and we had to close the men's side down at one time. :unsure: