Farewell Wishes For Maureen Here

Browntggrr

Greetings from the Island.

I wanted to let you know that I am, in fact, leaving Kings Island. I submitted my resignation last week, and it was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. I love Kings Island. I love the people I work with, and I love hanging out with all of you. Unfortunately, as a department of one I am on call 24/7, and I made a very hard choice to move to a job that offers more flexibility.

You have made my life at KI so fun. I have learned so much over the last four years, and your friendship and support means the world to me. Thank you for everything!!

Keep on riding!!!

Happy days,

Maureen

• Like 1

Maureen,

That is such sad news to hear, but it's totally understandable. You'll be greatly missed as the 'face and voice of Kings Island' :) Good luck in everything your future has for you, and thank you for all of the great things you've made possible!

Hope to see you around the park still!

Maureen,

I am very sad to hear you will be leaving us. A visit to the park is never complete without one of your signature smiles and your off to the side smirks as a result of one of Ryan's weird comments. :)

One of my lasting memories of you is standing on the roof of International Street restaurant for a bird eyes view of the July 4th fireworks. Totally unreal!

But you must move on and I wish you nothing but the very best in your new adventures to come!

Take care and stop back and say hello sometime!

Bill Ware

Yes, I second the comments from everyone above! Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule all those times to give us construction tours of the various new attractions. Being an architectural student, I love seeing stuff being built. Your enthusiasm for the park was wonderful, even with the hectic hours. You were a great asset to Kings Island, and whoever replaces you, will have big shoes to fill!

Best of wishes at your new job! Keep in touch.

Robbie

I had the amazing oppurtunity of meeting Maureen at Fearfest last year... and made her jump a little as the sheriff of "Cowboy Carnage". Good times!

Maureen, as said before... we will ALL miss you so much. I wish you only the best of luck in your future career hope to see you every once in-awhile visiting KI and hope that you still poke in around here a little!

Best of luck,

Hauntguy

Maureen,

Best of luck to you in your new job. I'm certain that you'll excel. Kings Island won't be the same without you. But everyone understands that your job is VERY demanding and leaves you little time for yourself.

Best wishes,

Charles

PS - I owe you lunch.

There are those who do their job so well they make it look easy.

In all of parkdom, there are few jobs more difficult than Maureen's.

She's a true professional, a joy to work with, and will be missed.

Her new employer's gain is Cedar Fair's great loss.

A new husband, a new job and a new beginning.

Best of all to Maureen, who truly deserves it! :)

Maureen,

Wow! This is a shock...I was so glad that you "survived" when CP took over, and now you're leaving us anyway! I "only" got to meet you about 5 times but it was always great when I did. You put a "face" to the park. As everyone has already said, you will be missed.

Good Luck in the future,

J.D. aka Little Simon at Beastbuzz's Uncle

P.S. My sister is expecting her second child and was looking forward to hanging out with you again at this year's Ace Fearfest event...she will be dissapointed when I tell her the news.

P.P.S. Any old parking signs you wanna get rid of before you leave just let me know!

• Like 1

Guest kwindshawne

I have never personally met you, but appreciated your friendliness in going out of your way to say hi. Thanks, and good luck to you!!!

This is horrribly sad news. Goodbye Maureen we will all miss you. You made the park what it is now and with out you i dont know what we would have done. Good luck in the futre and i hope you have a good one. We'll miss ya Maureen! :(

--Jasper--

Maureen,

It is a sad day when I learned this news. The park is losing one of the best personnel in the park. I wish you the greatest of luck in the future endeavors.

And on the day that should, IMO, have been one of the happiest - the return of the old name - as well as a beautiful day weatherwise.

I'm definitely going to miss you, Maureen, from those many encounters at the park, to time being with her for two No Coaster Cons in metro Chicago. The guy or gal who replaces you has the challenge of filling your shoes, just like you had when Jeffrey Siebert left for Schlitterbahn.

"There's got to be a morning after!"