vortex

SPYDER479

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Vortex going after this season I doubt it.

I think however in the next few years it may be removed.

It has been rumored for a very long time that The Vortex is to be removed. Along with this rumor,

of course, comes several rumored reasons. Amongst them, I have heard that the ride requires too much maintenance. I have also heard that the foundation of the ride is sinking. Which would also qualify in the keep up the maintenance category. I am sure that there are 101 other rumors about

The Vortex floating around out there. And I cannot say for sure if there is any truth to any of these rumors or not. But honestly, it would not surprise me if in a few years, they announce for the ride to be dismantled, possibly to make way for a successor. But it also would not surprise me if in a few years, The Vortex goes through a long period of non-operation time for necessary repairs if any of the supposed problems actually do exist.

It is one of many urban legends regarding Kings Island. There is no reason that I know of to remove the ride any time soon. The only reason they would remove it is if they could build something better in that spot (better as in it will bring in more money - not necessairly more appealing to enthusiasts). But it is a staple of the park and it isn't going anywhere.

I have been coming across random rumors regarding The Vortex closing. Can anyone tell me anything about this?

I just came across these rumors today, and wasn't sure if I had missed something............

SPY dont worry about it. How many times have you heard The Racer was getting dismantled at seasons end, and low and behold--its still there. Heck even a few years back I heard AE was getting torn down---its still there. So its just a rumor Im sure.

This has been a rumor for a long time like everyone said. I can see it closing in the next 7-8 years and then building a coaster that takes up some more room back in the woods liek a giga coaster or possibly a strata-coaster. But like Klock said it is a main piece of the park that we will see going nowhere for the next couple of years.

King Cobra comes to mind. I remember waiting in 30 minute plus lines for King Cobra in it's last year of operation. If Vortex ever becomes as bad as King Cobra did with reliability then it will go. Vortex however is pretty reliable, yeah it had some problems last weekend but what didn't? :)

Vortex is sinking in the ground thats why it is being removed at the end of the year....

Oh wait that is the other Cedar Fair park, yes thats right Magnum is sinking in to lake Erie and will be removed at the end of the seasson.

Seriously folks how many times will this rumor go around? Vortex will meet its maker someday, but not until it is unpopular, unreliable, and a nightmare to maintain. Anyways they just invested major capital in the ride to add seatbelts... ;)

back in 2004 my friend kirsten said that Vortex was getting tooken down, but it was just getting repaired, bcs. it was sinking.

pretty soon the corkscrews should be only 5ft. from the ground.

i hope it doesnt get demolushed. :(

Can I buy a spell check, Pat?

The only way I see Vortex closing is if there are so many physical problems with the ride, like what happened with King Cobra. Vortex still kicks my ass with its dizzying inversions, so it still has years of thrills in it. I think Top Gun will go before Vortex.

Also keep in mind the amount of undeveloped land KI has. If CP is any indication, CF will develop that land with new signature coasters before they tear one down and replace it with new stuff. Just my $.02.

Yeah, as brutal as The Vortex can be, KI wouldn't be the same without it. The same with King Cobra..when it's Vortex time to go, it will be missed. I say as long as they replace it with a new roller coaster, I won't complain. But please, get rid of Tomb Raider! What a waste!

Always a 15 minute wait I really doubt that. Many time Vortex takes no longer than 5 minutes to ride. The Vortex is a little bit on the painful side. While not near as bad as Son of Beast it still may be an issue. I think a B&M floorless coaster would go great there and be a great new marketing tool for Kings Island.

Always a 15 minute wait I really doubt that. Many time Vortex takes no longer than 5 minutes to ride. The Vortex is a little bit on the painful side. While not near as bad as Son of Beast it still may be an issue. I think a B&M floorless coaster would go great there and be a great new marketing tool for Kings Island.

Anything B&M or Intamin would be good at KI.

Vortex may have some bad transitions, but it's not as rough as you guys make it sound. Some of the other Arrow's I've been on have been horrible compared to Vortex. Vortex to me doesn't shake me around at all, the first drop last weekend was smooth as can be too, you didn't get that shaking at the bottom like you used too.

Yeah, I really didn't think Vortex was all that bad, really. A little banging here and there, but overall pretty smooth. What I would like to see, however, is a nice B&M floorless or an Intamin multilooper out in the woods behind SoB, or even over behind Boomerang Bay. I think that might be something we would see in the next few years.

What would make Vortex an even better ride than it already is: new restraints.

Can you imagine Vortex with the same type of restraints that FoF has? Or even the same type of restraints that are on StormRunner at Hershey. It would be a whole new ride.

Of course for this to even happen, KI would probably have to purchase new trains. I don't see that happening.