vortex

SPYDER479

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say if you're going to get a new ride, which I love Vortex so I'd rather keep it...but if it had to be a new ride...make it a truly new ride. With floorless trains it would be a bit different experience, but I'd rather see a brand new something, I'm not sure what though. :lol:

Also if Vortex really was sinking the first time I heard that one, or better yet the first time I had to convince someone it wasn't...then It'd be gone by now...

Reclaimer,

Here at NKU, our Fine Arts Building is sinking into the ground because of a lake built to deep and too close to the building... Let me say this, in the time of 2 months it dropped around 3-4 inches. Everything doesn't sink at the same rate!

If Vortex is sinking, which it's NOT, it could be going down at an extremely fast rate or an extremely slow rate. But there's nothing to worry about, it's NOT sinking! -Hauntguy

Maybe if CF wanted to some major money into it.... just replace it with a new track! Same layout, same # of inversions, same everything. Just make it butter smooth and better trains, maybe a floorless! That would be pretty sweet! -Hauntguy

KennyWood did something similar to Steel Phantom... Maybe Vortev should be turnes loopless and much smoother.

KennyWood did something similar to Steel Phantom... Maybe Vortev should be turnes loopless and much smoother.

You can't compare Steel Phantom to Vortex.

When it was SP, what made it such a unique ride was that the second descent was longer than the first. Going under Thunderbolt and into a rather deep gorge and reaching speeds of 80 mph and then going through the inversions at the end of the ride is why it was modified. The head banging at those speeds was rather uncomfortable. The powers that be at Kennywood tried numerous things to make it a more comfortable ride, but could not come up with anything that did not take away from why the coaster was built in the first place, the second descent.

http://www.rcdb.com/ig123.htm?picture=3

Vortex does not have anything that would make it a better coaster if the inversions were removed.

Why do some people want to change a perfectly good ride? Build new, don't change the old. Especially when there is no logical reason to.

I just got back... I'm not serious about wanting Vortex's demolition...

But it seems the ride ops there (and Racer) have the enthusiasm and speed of Burger King...

Thats cause I'm not there. :lol:

Vortex is seriously the best ride in the park.

Why do they have to remove anything? There are acres and acres and acres of land still undeveloped. Vortex has great ridership. SOB is no slouch in that department either. Why even think about removing either of them? The cost of a new steelie added to the cost of demolition of an old ride makes the whole thing astronomical. Cutting down rides is not cheap!

Once they get those horribly heavy trains off the layout and the lighter trains running, I think SOB will be okay. It was known from day 1, according to a PR person, that the trains were way too heavy for the layout. Give the poor Son a chance. Don't condemn it before the revamp is made and operated for a while.

No it's not.... and NO ONE on this board has the power or the autority to name a "best ride". It must be voted on by all.

And don't throw the "it's all about personal choice/style"... it's not! -Hauntguy

Au contraire. EVERYONE on this board has the power and authority to name their own best ride. It's an opinion. Not a consensus.

Vortex was running really well today, as far as I know they were no break downs, at least when I was around it. However it has a horrible squeak, and I know it's just the wheels not broken in yet. Vortex always has a squawk the first few weeks of the season.

Guest kwindshawne
No it's not.... and NO ONE on this board has the power or the autority to name a "best ride". It must be voted on by all.

And don't throw the "it's all about personal choice/style"... it's not! -Hauntguy

Au contraire. EVERYONE on this board has the power and authority to name their own best ride. It's an opinion. Not a consensus.

I agree. All the safety checks are bound to slow getting through the line-necessary evil.