Ideas for IJ:ST

corn4ahead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...as if capacity weren't enough of a problem now! :)

Seriously, I wish they'd move the thing over to Action Zone, and restore the serenity of the park in the area where it is now. Who knows, a nice set of Flying Scooters and a turnpike ride might fit in nicely there.

A Turpike and Flying Scooters?

Who would think such a thing! You'd destroy the artistic quality of the gravel!!!

Outer Limits was dropped I believe before even the end of 2000 season. If I'm not mistaken didn't they remove Outer Limits from the sign before the end of the season and stop using the pre-show before the end of 2000? I know in 2001 the new lap bars were on the trains and a new pre-show video well not new completely, just all of the OL references removed. The FoF sign was also new in 2001.

...as if capacity weren't enough of a problem now! :)

Seriously, I wish they'd move the thing over to Action Zone, and restore the serenity of the park in the area where it is now. Who knows, a nice set of Flying Scooters and a turnpike ride might fit in nicely there.

Amen

Uh....

No.

Flight of Fear became just that when the ride's Outer Limits licensing ran out a few years back. CBS didn't even own the park yet at that point...

I think what he was saying was, Its already been done to a ride befre so why not do it again. He never said that Cedar Fair had anything to do with at all! However i dont think that idea would work to well with Tomb Raider The Ride, it would just be " The Ride" lol :lol:

The effects, sets, props, etc. really doesn't credit itself to Tomb Raider! So only a FEW things would need to be changed. -Hauntguy

You're kidding me right.......most of the sets/props were used IN the movie, how does that do anything but credit the movie. The shrine, the monkeys, the ride statue, all of it was used for the filming of the movie.

But they could be ANY shrine or monkey statues from "any" cave or forgotten temple. ALOT of people don't even know the whole Tomb Raider story or even about the movies. Believe me, very little would have to be changed to theme to a regular temple or tomb.

I'm also talking about the ride itself... NOT any of the preshow stuff. The effects on the ride are so generic it could be anything.... Ice, lava, myan statue goddess? Seriously, if given the creativity... WHICH KI HAS.... they would have to do very little to drop the "tomb raider" theme. -Hauntguy

i dunno. are REAL tombs going to have lit pathways?

its just more theming.. do you think anyone has REALLY gotten hurt in the line for that ride anyway? I mean cmon.. more than 99.9 percent of the time, you're just standing there waiting for the line to move again.

Well, I attended a lecture last week that was given by a Disney Imagineer. At the lecture he said something along these lines. If there is a safety issue on Main Street that results in an injury once out of every million guests, that may not seem like a lot. But consider that the Magic Kingdom attracts 15 million guests (average) each year and that those guests must walk down Mainstreet twice (once on their way in and once on their way out), that results in 30 injuries a year. That is 300 injuries in a decade. While it might not seem significant, it can add up.

Granted, Kings Island doesn`t attract the same amount of people as what Disney parks do, but they still attract large volumes of people. The same situation applies, just with slightly smaller numbers.