Ideas for IJ:ST

corn4ahead

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the assumption that the reason for the bright lights in the hangar were to keep people from line jumping when the room blacks out.

Plus, the fact that TR's queue is so dark is that it helps with the theme of the ride. You would be surprised to hear how many people would complain about the flood lights being on ALL the time. But, yeah, they actually DO need to brighten up the cave with some atmospheric lighting like in the preshow room or the antechamber.

Despite the fact that I truly do love this park, one of my opinions will not be changed. The decision to place Italian Job: Stunt Track in its present location has got to be one of the worst ideas ever presented to the table. I simply refuse to ride it. I refuse to support the thing that took one of the parks best pieces of landscaping and dismantled it into what appears from the top of the Eiffel Tower to be a junk yard. A junk yard not kept in good maintenance.

So what should they do with Italian Job?.....I say tear it down. Granted I realistically understand that this is not going to happen anytime soon.

But they should tear it down, and plant some trees. Grow some flowers. Put in a couple of benches, and a trail. Maybe add a skytour, and make one of the docking stations be located somewhere amongst the garden. And they could add in a paddle boat ride or something going around the perimeter of the garden. I don't know all of the answers, but I am convinced of One thing involving this coaster. Anything would look better than Italian Job sitting where it is.

m.f.21

I think it's fine where it's at. If you want to "escape", go ride the train or go to the former "Paramount Stroy". I think IJ:ST is a really good ride and is in a great location! The only thing I would suggest it to make it less of a 'junkyard' and more a modern highway/interstate with trees, landscaping, etc. I think if they lose some of the gravel, containers, it might help.

But again, it's a great ride and a great location. Again, go ride the train for an "escape" and for a relaxing atmosphere. -Hauntguy

I think KI should build a chairlift like CP so you can see the beauty of the park.

I'm pretty sure that KI used to have a skyride, but took it out. (if that's what you're talking about)

I have ridden a couple of those types of rides (at CP and Busch Gardens) and I have never felt very safe on them.

OK! I absolutely hate this coaster, but I realize it's a great family coaster. I wouldn't mind the ride if it was in a better location. They can't just tear down a 2 year old ride just because some people are unhappy with it. Why not take it down and rebuild it up at good old Geauga Lake? Thats a nice family park that could use a nice family coaster, but whatever chances are it won't happen. Thats my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure that KI used to have a skyride, but took it out. (if that's what you're talking about)

I have ridden a couple of those types of rides (at CP and Busch Gardens) and I have never felt very safe on them.

They did. It was removed in the late 70's after a fatal accident on one at a Six Flags park.

IJST isn't a bad ride, I enjoy riding it too, but won't wait in a long line to ride it. I don't understand though why we couldn't have keep our Eagles though. The Eagles came from Coney Island and were a historic part of KI. Stupid Paramount. LOL

IJST isn't a bad ride, I enjoy riding it too, but won't wait in a long line to ride it. I don't understand though why we couldn't have keep our Eagles though. The Eagles came from Coney Island and were a historic part of KI. Stupid Paramount. LOL

I really miss the antique cars. I looked forward to riding those every time I went to KI, even as an adult. I had a moment of silence in front of the non-working flower clock.

The reason the eagles moved were because Carowinds was working on their kids area in 05 and KI was going to work on theirs in 06. Paramount didnt want to buy a new ride for danny phantom at carowinds so they moved eagles. Coming from KI it would pass as a new ride. At KI they had to buy the Kite Flyer because they could never pass eagles off as a new ride in Nick universe at KI pluse the public would be ****ed. It was a simple business move and it probably caused more people to attend carowinds, than the amount of people that didnt come to KI because of its removal. I doubt many of the Paramount Corp Executives were ACE members.

They did. It was removed in the late 70's after a fatal accident on one at a Six Flags park.

Skyride's removal had nothing to do with a fatality at Kings Island or any other park for that matter.

^ I was trying to remember...where were the stations located? Rivertown and Oktoberfest? That's one of those things now that is such a distant memory it doesn't even seem real (like the Rotor <G>)

I like sky rides...I ride it at least once each time at BGT and CP (whose sky ride doesn't have nearly as good of visuals at KI's old one or BGT's...)

Neither Paramount Parks nor Cedar Fair is any great respecter of history, unless there is money in it....so I'm not surprised an original Coney Island ride was removed by Paramount Parks....nor will it surprise me when (not if) Cedar Fair removes another ride that came from Coney Island...