What You'll See In The Next Few Weeks at Kings Island

Yesterday we had the privileged of taking a tour of Kings Island during its weekday downtime. Although guests are still only in the park on weekends for now, during the week the park is certainly still alive.

Firehawk is now a complete circuit and the additional photo booths, greeter station and plaza are being constructed. Don't forget that Firehawk is scheduled to be open on Memorial Day weekend!

Many of you have noticed that the Coca-Cola Cool Zone was removed from the area outside of The Beast. Don't fret, a brand NEW Coke Cool Zone is currently being built right outside of Coney Mall!

Also, construction continues as the final preparations are made to the Paramount Theatre for the Endless Summer on Ice show! The frozen sand base is down and it's ready for the final thick, skate-worthy sheet of ice on top! Don't forget to check out Kings Island's new ice show featuring singing, dancing and of course skating opening June 9th in the Paramount Theatre.

Click here to see photos of Firehawk, the new Coke Cool Zone, the Paramount Theatre, and more!

For the latest Kings Island information make sure you check out KICentral.com, the complete guide to Kings Island!

Regards,

Ryan

Firehawk is looking nice, except for on part. I know it's not done yet and a lot can still change, but I really do not like the station. The ride looks great, but the station looks like a storage building.

Compare the old station when it was X-Flight, to Firehawk.

But other than that great photos! The track portion of the ride and the surrounding area are starting to look great!

Edit - I just wanted to say thanks to the whole Kings Island Central Staff and whoever else was involved in this unexpected, but appreciated update!

I agree with the people above regarding the "Please excuse our mess" signs by the VR attraction. I didn't see a thing going on last weekend. Nothing looked different to me. I'm glad to see something going on there, though, so I know that I wasn't losing my mind. A cool zone there would be really nice, especially if they do a better job of keeping it working, unlike previous owners.

Firehawk is looking really nice. I can't wait to go back to Kings Island and ride it.

It is certainly one coaster on my TO DO list this year. As for right now, I am eagerly awaiting the reopening of "SheiKra" at Busch Gardens Florida. When it reopens it will be floorless, and I will probably only have One or Two more chances to ride the coaster before I move back to Ohio.

Then its all a go for Firehawk and Maverick! I can't wait to revisit Ohio's parks.

m.f.21

A brief update (no pictures, sorry) from Firehawk today. The concrete midway has been poured since the last set of pictures were taken. They still have yet to pour the concrete curbs. Work continues on the station (there were a couple of guys painting the station today). There will also likely be a sign on the Coney Mall midway advertising the ride, as there is a new concrete footing right next to the ring toss game.

Also, the Coca-Cola Cool Zone structure was assembled. It appears as if there will be a row of Coke machines on the side that faces the basketball game.

They started painting the supports several weeks ago (a couple weeks before the park opened in fact).

And another thing that I noticed. Adventure Express is only running two trains. The third train is on one of the storage tracks (a different track then the third train was on last Saturday). This third train is covered with train covers. I wonder how long it will be before they put the third train into service.

Additionally, the Kings Island and Miami Valley Railroad was not open today.

Railroad is staying closed 'til Boomerang Bay opens, I've heard. It's unfortunate they've been doing it the past couple years. Why did they even bother to run the train before WaterWorks was around? Oh, that's right...The train itself is a ride, not just transportation between the two parks.

And hopefully, Kings Island keeps its train for many many years to come!

Nice pictures Bill. I`m still not entirely sure what the center round concrete base is for, as there are no steel connectors or conduit coming up in that location. We`ll know soon enough though.

I noticed while both working in Rivertown and riding rides that there is a bit of indoor construction going on in a few of the RVT buildings. Particularly the Photorium building (where Antique Photos used to be) and inside Beast's queue.

One of the doors to the Photorium was open right when the park opened. I took a quick glance inside and noticed a massive wooden wall being built that ran down the room and almost split it in half. If I'm not mistaken, it used to be all one big open room, didn't it?

Then, while in line for The Beast, along the inside of The Beast Canyon Cold Drinks wall, there was a large opening and what appeared to be a hallway leading into the building that lie beside the second portion of Beast's queue. Both construction areas looked pretty recent, just like Panda Express inside the Festhaus.

So, this gets me thinking....is there a possibility for semi-permanent locations for FearFest attractions? Portions of The Beast queue line could be used as part of a FF maze, like the regular entrance and that second part of the line (right where the line splits for the front and back of the train), and there's already plenty of space inside the Photorium. Maybe there might be some other unused locations that could use a Halloween touch-up, like the old Laser Tag building, the Back Porch Picnic Grove, and maybe the Nick Theater (although the Dora shows run until September 3rd and it's possible it might open again in October).

I`m still not entirely sure what the center round concrete base is for, as there are no steel connectors or conduit coming up in that location. We`ll know soon enough though.

My GUESS is that the back row will have Coke machines and the center round base will be a barrel sprayer of some sort. Just a guess.

See, that`s what I thought, except there are no pipes visible near the center concrete base.

RingMaster, that open "hallway" in The Beast`s queue is where they used to have pop machines. I highly doubt that they make that into a Fear Fest attraction, as last year The Beast had quite large lines during FearFest and was utilizing both of the lower queue houses.