What You'll See In The Next Few Weeks at Kings Island

I saw that opening where the Coke machines used to be in The Beast queue last weekend and was curious. They could very well have just removed the machines, but it looked like there was other work going on. I agree that they really couldn't do much in terms of a Fearfest attraction there b/c of Beast crowd levels, but it leaves you wondering what could be going on there....if anything.

Dont know if you all care but to the left of the Tower they will be taking out the walk of fame. Its were the had the Paramount movies ingraved in the big stone blocks. They ground out the top of the stones so they are blank took out the star ship enterprise and the idol from indiana jones so they are canning the paramount theaming. However are the coasters going ot go threw a name change as well? I would say yes and maybe change the name back to Beastie as it has been always known.

Dont know if you all care but to the left of the Tower they will be taking out the walk of fame. Its were the had the Paramount movies ingraved in the big stone blocks. They ground out the top of the stones so they are blank took out the star ship enterprise and the idol from indiana jones so they are canning the paramount theaming. However are the coasters going ot go threw a name change as well? I would say yes and maybe change the name back to Beastie as it has been always known.

If the rides change names, it won't be this season.

Dont know if you all care but to the left of the Tower they will be taking out the walk of fame. Its were the had the Paramount movies ingraved in the big stone blocks. They ground out the top of the stones so they are blank took out the star ship enterprise and the idol from indiana jones so they are canning the paramount theme. However are the coasters going to go threw a name change as well? I would say yes and maybe change the name back to Beastie as it has been always known.

So far only the Paramount Movie names will be removed from the rides next year. Nick is going to stay to a long time so don't count on seeing The Beastie being used as a name. Me and my brother wounder what will they call Top Gun with another Flying coaster in that park now?

They also did NOT "ground out the top of the stones so they are blank" in The [former] Paramount Story. Rather, they removed each and flipped it upside down...often leaving a notch in the adjacent paver(s) where they inserted the pry bar to lift it. Those notches are going to fill with water, then freeze this winter, unless they are patched.

Something tells me this is a temporary, stop-gap solution, and what is to happen next to The [former] Paramount Story remains to be seen. Note also that the ring of Paramount stars remains etched in the concrete at the entrances to that area.

• 5 weeks later...