"The Place Where Dreams Come True" - Field of Dreams - James Horner

The Truman Show Theme - James Horner

"Pirates" - The Pagemaster - James Horner

The Addams Family Theme - Marc Shaiman

"The Tango" - Addams Family - Marc Shaiman

Titanic Theme - James Horner

Phantom Theater Music

Assorted TV Themes...

That's all I can remember hearing from different trips to the park last year. Hope this helps. -Hauntguy

Forget about sexy, someone bring that music back!

TopGun Anthem,

Bettle Juice,

Titanic,

Mission Imposable,

Addams Family,

The Theme from Terms of Endearment,

John Williams - Saving Private Ryan 'Hymn to the Fallen'

Nino Rota - Romeo & Juliet Love Theme (1968)

Jerry Goldsmith - Chinatown Main Theme (1974)

Jerry Goldsmith - Star Trek Theme

John Williams - Raiders of the Lost Ark

Michael Gore - Terms of Endearment Theme

Harold Faltermeyer - Axel F

Giorgio Moroder - Flashdance Love Theme

Marc Shaiman - Addams Family

Henry Mancini - Moon River

Nino Rota - The Godfather Love Theme

Danny Elfman - Overture/Breakfast Machine (Pee Wee's Big Adventure)

Danny Elfman - The Drive-In (Pee Wee's Big Adventure)

Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

Vince Guaraldi - Peanuts Theme

Monty Norman - James Bond Theme

John Williams - Star Wars Theme

John Williams - Star Wars Episode 4 Ending & Credits Song

Alan Silvestri - Forrest Gump Theme

Gabriel Yared - The Talented Mr. Ripley 'Italia'

Nancy Wilson - Vanilla Sky 'To the Roof' <can't remember if this one was played

I found all these by searching the forums, great tool!

Oddly enough, music of that very same style and tempo now plays in the area of Batman The Ride at Six Flags Great Adventure. It once played at the entry plaza to the park, but only until noon each day. We call it "Paramount Gate Music." It is my understanding that it still plays at the entry plaza at Kings Dominion, at least so far.

The list we have so far is amazing. I've been searching online to try and listen to them. If we could create a list and have links to listen to each one, how cool would that be! Merchandise should sell a CD of the old theme songs, but I don't thind CF would like that too much :-)

Although, I'm glad they no longer play that Paramount music, I really don't care for the music they replaced it with. It is suppose to be International Street, they should play some music from other countries and stuff. Sort of like the old days of when it first opened! Cedar Point does a small mix of New Age music into their genre, so I would think they would do at least some of that at Kings Island.

I would love to hear Broadway/Musical music that is popular on I-Street. Music from:

Phantom of the Opera

Cats

The Music Man

Urinetown

Hairspray

Grease

Guys and Dolls

On The Town

Seussicle The Musical (sp?)

Oklahoma!

A Chorus Line

Annie

Anything Andrew Lloyd Webber

Anything John Phillip Sousa

ETC.

Music that is in the peppy/popular tune of the music KI used to play... but would not associate itself to any movie/film studios... or any other park for that matter! That would cool. -Hauntguy

I say ditch the "international" facades on the buildings since they haven't followed an "international" theme in years. Then theme the street to the music being played- whatever that is.... on a side note- am glad to see the characters working atop the Festhaus again.

I say ditch the "international" facades on the buildings since they haven't followed an "international" theme in years. Then theme the street to the music being played- whatever that is.... on a side note- am glad to see the characters working atop the Festhaus again.

Aww I really like the look of International Street while the music i agree clashes with the atmosphere its the old themed buildings with the old wood like roofs on them and the fountains and the old trees that do it for me. Sometimes after a long day of work it can be very relaxing to walk down International Street.

Also I really did like the music that paramount played on International Street it was quite relaxing and went well with the fountains.

• 2 weeks later...

A few other songs not already mentioned, that I remember being played during the Paramount-era (1993 to current) were:

"Driving Miss Daisy - End Titles" by Hans Zimmer

"Where the Money Is" from The Distinguished Gentleman by Randy Edelman

"Born On the Fourth of July Main Theme" by John Williams

"Fletch Theme" by Harold Faltermeyer

I have a lot more to list that I downloaded a few years back. Once I find them, I'll post them.

I really wish they still play instrumental music on International Street, it just gave the area a nice feel. I understand not wanting to use the Paramount themes, but they could have came up with something other then what they are using.

Most of the music played on International Street during the Paramount era was NOT Paramount movie music, it was movie music, and entertainment related music. I think Cedar Fair wanted to show a change...and going back to movie music and not playing only the Paramount Studios movies' music would be a change so minor few would notice.

Cedar Fair wants people to go..."Oooh, something's different here..." I agree, it certainly changes the atmosphere on International Street, but not in, in my opinion, in a favorable way.

I found a CD that I think would be PERFECT to put on I-street... it's the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra's "Ein Straussfest II"... if you have iTunes you can look it up and listen to it. But it sounds like a perfect fit to be heard on I-street and would certainly bring back that old feel of KI... pre-paramount. -Hauntguy

I wonder if the decision to change the music come out of some stupid focus group. Is this something that, if enough people write to "Guest Relations", can convince management to return to playing symphony music? Or is this one of those "KI has a contract with Corporation X for the next ten years..." things? It just doesn't feel like KI anymore.

• 14 years later...
On 4/12/2022 at 10:07 AM, BeeastFarmer said:

I remember polka style music, Flight of the Bumlebee and violin music during the pre Paramount days.

I would love to hear this on I Street:

And also pre-paramount days Saber Dance!!  I have a locked away memory of eating LaRosa's and getting some fountain spray while this song played.  haha!

• Like 1