Longest queue times

corn4ahead

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 5 for Beast. More than once. In the early years. The paw prints used to go back nearly to the Eiffel Tower!

I love those Paw Prints! I wish they would have brought them back. When your a kid, those little things are the things your remember for the longest time.

5 hours for Tomb Raider on its opening day (evening). Park opened at 5:00pm and they could not get the darn thing started! Finally at 9:40 they invited us into the que to see the pre show, but it broke down in the middle of the movie. Everyone laughed. It was the only thing you COULD do! Went back the next morning and finally got my ride in.

The ride ops would walk up and down the line to help keep spirits high, even started the wave at one point.

But was it worth it? Nope!

:)

In 2005 me and my family waited 4.5 hrs for the Italian job :angry: one girl fainted from the heat and another was carried away by the short ambulance :( The queue covering does no justice at times, at least a vendor stopped by with water & icy drinks :P

5 1/2 hours for Tomb Raider keep breaking down and 3-4 hours for Son of Beast opening day

That SOB must have been when SOB reopened after its first opening....

As the night it opened, the park opened late (Friday night).

The next morning, it operated only a few cycles before closing down for weeks of fixes and improvements.

Or did you mean on an opening day for the park?

Hmmm if that's the case they won't be any lines anywhere else in the park.

I waited 3 1/2 hours or FoF during it's opening season. Remember the temporary ques they had when that ride first opened? The ride kept breaking down but I wanted to ride, it wasn't even the first time I rode, silly probably so. I also remember waiting quite a while on Season Pass night in 2000 when SOB opened the first time, I probably waited 2 1/2 hours.

I waited 4 hours to ride TopGun the years after it opened. I remember getting it the line by were skyfly is and was hoping it was longer then what i was seeing. I enjoyed it but was disapointed that it was so short.

I waited 4 hours to ride TopGun the years after it opened. I remember getting it the line by were skyfly is and was hoping it was longer then what i was seeing. I enjoyed it but was disapointed that it was so short.

Top Gun actually holds my 2nd longest wait. It was 1999, when they used the queue under the station. The line was about 4 hours. I agree that the ride is not worth the wait, you only should wait that long unless riding in the front.

In 1979: 4.5 hours for Beast

In 1994: 4.0 hours for Raptor (Opening day, cold, rain- with that, rain is really painful on Magnum)

In 2000: 4.0 hours for Millenium Force (opening day & only 2 trains)

In 2003: 5.0 hours for Top Thrill Dragster (Constantly broke down- if you can believe that! ;))

LOL - I ment 2006. Thanks for catching that. :D

Me and a freind waited 5.5 hours for Kingda Ka Columbus Day 2007. We had a blast while waiting though.

Is this a prediction?

The thing is far more reliable these days, and is even running four trains!

(You DID say 2007...)