Longest queue times

corn4ahead

4 hours for Vortex in August 1993? So how I highly doubt that was the case. If Vortex's line was 4 hours it would have been all the way down Coney Mall and back again.

I have seen the line for Vortex reach back to the basketball game on Coney Mall the one closer to Skyline, and there the line was barely over an hour.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had really good luck with lines at CP over the last several years.

I've started going the last week of August (after most schools start, but the week before Labor Day), and taking advantage of one of their great package deals (two nights at the Breakers; two "Fun Day" tickets; two "Twilight" tickets; buy 1/get 1 free at Soak City; 4 tickets to Challenge Park; and $30 in "Munch Money" all for only around $400!) On a week day at that time of year I've never waited more than about 15 min. for the front seat of Raptor, and I've never waited more than 30 min. (with breakdowns) for TTD.

It's a great time of year to go to CP if your schedule allows it...it's cheap, the park isn't very crowded, and the weather in August is usually a lot more predictable in Sandusky than May or June.

We had great luck last fall hitting up the Point on Sundays in September. Millennium Force and Dragster were both walk ons. I had never seen that before, very nice! We are headed up next Monday to check out Maverick, I've always heard that the weekdays leading up to Memorial Day are fabulous times to hit it too!

- Todd

4 hours for Vortex in August 1993? So how I highly doubt that was the case. If Vortex's line was 4 hours it would have been all the way down Coney Mall and back again.

I have seen the line for Vortex reach back to the basketball game on Coney Mall the one closer to Skyline, and there the line was barely over an hour.

The line used to be under the loading platform, and the wait was 1hour from the entrance to the steps and 2hours from the walk way to the taxi's. When it first opened I waited about 3 hours, they would double back the line, I got in line around where the entrance is and it went out to the path and back. I am also one of the fortunate ones who stood in line for The Beast on opening day and waited 6 hours. My longest was for King Cobra, I was in line when it lost the wheel, although I got out of line for a few months, I was in the line the day it re-opened. I am going to count that one because I didn't ride any thing else in-between. The shortest was Kingda Ka, I was on the installation crew and was able to ride it on the final test day the day before opening.

Guest rcfreak339

The line used to be under the loading platform, and the wait was 1hour from the entrance to the steps and 2hours from the walk way to the taxi's. When it first opened I waited about 3 hours, they would double back the line, I got in line around where the entrance is and it went out to the path and back. I am also one of the fortunate ones who stood in line for The Beast on opening day and waited 6 hours. My longest was for King Cobra, I was in line when it lost the wheel, although I got out of line for a few months, I was in the line the day it re-opened. I am going to count that one because I didn't ride any thing else in-between. The shortest was Kingda Ka, I was on the installation crew and was able to ride it on the final test day the day before opening.

Whatever!!!!! :rolleyes:

To my knowledge, Vortex never used the under the station Que. However The Bat did. If Vortex ever used it it must have only been for one season. I rode Vortex in 1987 and don't remember the que's being used under the station. I don't know if they ever used them then or not. The ques are no longer under the station though.

I'd say for Kings Island, the longest would have to be Son of Beast not in 2000 but the next year an 1 hour 15 mins. In 2000 in October we waited 35 mins for SOB.

And for Cedar Point, Top Thrill Dragster In 2003, waited 2.5 hours. And yeah there was a 30 min break down. We waited for it two times that day, one ride in the morning and another later at night.

To my knowledge, Vortex never used the under the station Que. However The Bat did. If Vortex ever used it it must have only been for one season. I rode Vortex in 1987 and don't remember the que's being used under the station. I don't know if they ever used them then or not. The ques are no longer under the station though.

I think it was just for the first year, I have never waited for more than 45min for Vortex since the first year. I still could be wrong and the line under the station was just for The Bat but for some reason I remember the line under the station. I work on a lot of different rides all around the world (mainly in the Netherlands and Great Briton) so things tend to blur. I just returned from my spring PM calls from over seas and I am getting my passes this week end. There is a lot of interesting stuff going on in the coaster world, all of you should be happy that you live so close to what is going to become the epicenter.

• 3 weeks later...
I never even knew there was a Queue under Vortex. Where do u get to it from?

You'll notice several sets of stairs while in the line for Vortex, not the stairs you go up and down. But after you go down the second flight of stairs, look for the stairs on your left. I believe you went down there and once your in the station they are more stairs to your right, I believe you came up there.

I think it was just for the first year, I have never waited for more than 45min for Vortex since the first year. I still could be wrong and the line under the station was just for The Bat but for some reason I remember the line under the station. I work on a lot of different rides all around the world (mainly in the Netherlands and Great Briton) so things tend to blur. I just returned from my spring PM calls from over seas and I am getting my passes this week end. There is a lot of interesting stuff going on in the coaster world, all of you should be happy that you live so close to what is going to become the epicenter.

I rode Vortex in 1987, I went on Mother's Day, I believe the line was to the end of the black fence when you enter the que. So it's possible they could have used the under the station que, for Vortex at one point in time but I know they didn't that time. I do know The Bat did use the under the station que, as I believe the main entrance to the ride was right when you go up the stairs.

5 hours for Tomb Raider on its opening day (evening). Park opened at 5:00pm and they could not get the darn thing started! Finally at 9:40 they invited us into the que to see the pre show, but it broke down in the middle of the movie. Everyone laughed. It was the only thing you COULD do! Went back the next morning and finally got my ride in.

The ride ops would walk up and down the line to help keep spirits high, even started the wave at one point.

But was it worth it? Nope!

:)

I remember those guys, they were really talkative. They did that when I was there and they would not go away! The wave thing was funny though.

6.5 For Flight of Fear opening day. They were only running one train, and it kept breaking down. I got in line at 12:30pm, and they said it would be 3 hours. We started waiting all the way down in front of what was then Days Of Thunder Theater. All the way up Coney Mall and then once we got passed The Racer, they had a temporary que building set up that's long gone now. That's probably the longest I've ever gone without a bathroom break!

heh i always go on nonbusy weekdays, so my longest time was when we went to winterfest and rode scooby doos haunted castle, took about 2 hours 15 minutes. it was rediculous. but at least it wasnt 15 degreees once we got inside the building...

6.5 For Flight of Fear opening day. They were only running one train, and it kept breaking down. I got in line at 12:30pm, and they said it would be 3 hours. We started waiting all the way down in front of what was then Days Of Thunder Theater. All the way up Coney Mall and then once we got passed The Racer, they had a temporary que building set up that's long gone now. That's probably the longest I've ever gone without a bathroom break!

That is partially disgustingly long... but also very awesome at the same time.