Longest queue times

corn4ahead

My record queue at KI is also for FoF...four hours on a late Thursday afternoon in June right after its opening in 1996. I actually took the afternoon off work specifically to go down and ride it...thinking the lines wouldn't be too bad on a weekday!

I waited over two hours in line for Top Gun on a May Saturday in 1993. That has to be one of the busiest days I've ever seen in the park. When I was leaving (after only riding TG and a few other small rides), they were announcing at the gate over the loud speaker "Paramount's Kings Island is extremely crowded. You may wish to visit us on another day." <G>

But, my record wait was for "Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye" at DL when it opened during Spring Break in 1995--just under six hours. I think my patience level must have been a lot higher then :)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours for top gun, opening weekend

4.5 for fof opening day

3 hours each for drop zone and face/off in 99.... that was a crummy night.... it was seriously sleeting in our faces on faceoff... haha...

6.5 hours for TTD in 03. opening day.... went for that reason only... was it worth it? one word..... rollback..... seriously.... the long wait made it that much better....

I plan on going on Firehawk the day after memorial day, later in the evening. I cant ride it opening weekend because i will be in kansas city. I hope i get to go to Worlds of Fun. I also cant imagine the wait being 2-3 hours for Firehawk if u get there before the gates are open, I would just run to Firehawk and get on it first thing.

haha..wow. all you guys are crazy. I've never waited that long for a ride in my life. Maybe 2 hours for FoF a few years ago. I guess it's because I'm young and I was never tall enough to ride major KI rides the day/year they opened.

I'll wait as long as it takes for Firehawk, though.

I waited about 2 1/2 Hours for Millenium Force and then turned right around and waited another 2 hours for TTD. At Kings Island the longest wait i have had is about an hour and a half for The Beast.

I find it easy to avoid lines at KI. I also find it easy to only wait up to an hour for the major ride at CP too.

Mind telling us your secret? Is it anything other than avoiding busy days?

Besides, I thought CP had more than one major ride. THE major ride at Cedar Point seldom has a line less than an hour, unless the park is close to empty. Assuming, of course, you meant the top thrill ride in the park.

I find it easy to avoid lines at KI. I also find it easy to only wait up to an hour for the major ride at CP too.

Mind telling us your secret? Is it anything other than avoiding busy days?

Besides, I thought CP had more than one major ride. THE major ride at Cedar Point seldom has a line less than an hour, unless the park is close to empty. Assuming, of course, you meant the top thrill ride in the park.

1: i meant major rides.

2: like you said, go during the week on a tuesday, wednesday, or thursday

3: start at the back of the park.

These are all very obvious.

I waited about 2 1/2 Hours for Millenium Force and then turned right around and waited another 2 hours for TTD. At Kings Island the longest wait i have had is about an hour and a half for The Beast.

I feel spoiled riding MF 5 times in under 30 mins

Yeah...I got to the park with the early passes and rode it twice in 5 minutes.

The longest I've waited for TTD is 30 minutes. I've ridden it 3 times onec in the front. I guess it was just a good day. I've waited nearly an hour and a half for Millenium Force, but that was once and it hasn't been like that since. I once skipped a 2.5 hour line for Millenium Force due to a free pass from getting stuck on Gemini. We got a ticket to go to the front of the line on any ride (other than TTD) because we sat on the emergency brakes for 10 minutes...It was great. At Kings Island, I waited for SOB for araound an hour and the same for FoF. Thats about it. I've had excellent luck with lines.

The longest wait that I had at KI was in 1993 on a Saturday in July, and I waited for around 4 hours for The Vortex. The line was even longer for The Beast, but we didn't wait in that one.

My longest wait at CP had to be opening year for MF, it was a Sunday and the Park was extremely crowded. We waited about 3 and half hours.

I believe the longest wait I can remember at KI was SOB at about 2 1/2 hours. As for CP, it was my first trip up there back in 2004, and we went straight to Dragster. Unbeknownst to me, I happened to go when ACE Coaster Con was going on. I waited about 3-4 hours for Dragster. A rollback would have been nice. :lol:

for some of these attractions they KNOW are going to have 4+ hour waits- they should outfit the lines with RESTROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot day at the park, beverage after beverage... I can't go much past 2 hours without a pit stop.

That was the nice thing about CP when TTD first opened; they allowed you to exit the line to use the restroom & come back to your place in line when the ride was consistantly breaking down.

They were called 'Hall Pass' in high school. I wonder what you could call a pass for getting out of line in a park?

I've had really good luck with lines at CP over the last several years.

I've started going the last week of August (after most schools start, but the week before Labor Day), and taking advantage of one of their great package deals (two nights at the Breakers; two "Fun Day" tickets; two "Twilight" tickets; buy 1/get 1 free at Soak City; 4 tickets to Challenge Park; and $30 in "Munch Money" all for only around $400!) On a week day at that time of year I've never waited more than about 15 min. for the front seat of Raptor, and I've never waited more than 30 min. (with breakdowns) for TTD.

It's a great time of year to go to CP if your schedule allows it...it's cheap, the park isn't very crowded, and the weather in August is usually a lot more predictable in Sandusky than May or June.