Spirit Song 2007

tiffyluv

"Spirit Song is back in the 14th year at Kings Island. Last year proved a huge success with thousands attending this day of Christian worship and fellowship. This year’s show anticipates even more excitement with the Newsboys, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, Falling Up and many more."

This is from KI's site. Just how packed is the amphitheatre? How early should I get there?

The lineup for this year's Spirit Song includes the "Newsboys, Casting Crowns, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, Falling Up and many more." (quote clipped from KI homepage)

I went several years ago when Petra, Rich Mullins, and Point of Grace were playing. I was kinda mad though, cuz I'd called the park and asked if the concerts were included with general admission and was told that they were. But when I went to get into the concert I was told it was an additional $20 per ticket. I started to argue with the ticket-taker, until someone from one of the church groups came up and said two people from their group couldn't make it so they had a couple extra tickets we could use. That was cool, but it still ticked me off cuz the park told me it was included in the regular admission when it wasn't.

Anyway, so how's that work now? Are the concerts part of the regular admission or do you still have to buy additional tickets?

Spirit Song is always popular with Friday and Saturday coming close to sell outs for the past few years. Usually Thursday's concert starts around 5 and goes till 10 and then Friday and Saturday have starts between 2-3 and going until 10 or 11. You can also check out www.sonshineconcerts.com for the full lineup.

It's the same story at Carowinds for Sonfest...though it is only one day, it is ALWAYS packed...this year they have Family Force 5, Jars of Clay, Jeremy Camp, Kutless, and Newsboys. There's a similar event by the same promoter, known as Kings Fest at Kings Dominion. There the lineup includes many of the same artists as at Kings Island, and the Kings Fest runs the same time as Spirit Song...

Jars of Clay has been one of my favorite bands since their debut-album in the mid-nineties ... however they haven't came back to KI since like 2001. I guess they have just dropped off of the Christian festival radar even though they played Carowins. Out of the list now David Crowder Band would be worth seeing, but I doubt I'll go to it. DCB will be at Bogart's later as well.

• 3 weeks later...
here is a website that has all the times the bands will be playing. http://www.itickets.com/events/163344.html how long do you usually have to wait in line for rides during spirit song?

Yeah there are usually pretty long lines I think unless you are riding the rides during a concert which is a pretty cool thing because they play the music so loud :blink:. I will be there hopefully for a concert or two if not I will be listening right along in Action Zone.