Fort Copper is now Fort Kinzel

PKIVortex

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope it is a work of Photoshop...

To think this is the kind of thing CF would spend time and money on, when there are so many other (revenue-enhancing) improvements that could made, would really make the CF unit-holder in me very nervous...

The picture does look kind of like it is photoshopped. No offense PKIVortex.

Not my picture, I was reading a trip report on themeparkreview.com, and low and behold that picture is on there. I don't know if it's photoshop or not. Has anyone else seen that sign yesterday or today? You can confirm it's it real or not?

If you ask me i think CP is rubbing off too much on KI. CP is awesome but i would rather have 2 different personalities.

How do you figure? Aside from similiar signage and few other small things, I would beg to differ. I don't think enough from CP has rubbed off at KI. Take a look at the lousy crews that are at the Park this year. I'm sorry, 20 minutes for a 3 train wait on Vortex is unacceptable.....its not even that bad at most of the Six Flags parks I visit.

- Todd

ImageDescription :

Make : NIKON

Model : COOLPIX L4

Orientation : left-hand side

XResolution : 300/1

YResolution : 300/1

ResolutionUnit : Inch

Software : COOLPIX L4 V1.1

DateTime : 0000:00:00 00:00:00

WhitePoint : 0/1000000,0/1000000

PrimaryChromaticities : 0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000

YCbCrCoefficients : 0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000

YCbCrPositioning : co-sited

ReferenceBlackWhite : 0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000,0/1000000

Copyright : Copyright 2006

ExifInfoOffset : 394

According to EXIF this was not photoshopped. it was taken with a Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera. Unless the Coolpix software has the ability to modify images this seems to be legit unless someone else can provide an image showing Cooper.

If you ask me i think CP is rubbing off too much on KI. CP is awesome but i would rather have 2 different personalities.

How do you figure? Aside from similiar signage and few other small things, I would beg to differ. I don't think enough from CP has rubbed off at KI. Take a look at the lousy crews that are at the Park this year. I'm sorry, 20 minutes for a 3 train wait on Vortex is unacceptable.....its not even that bad at most of the Six Flags parks I visit.

- Todd

Being a former employee I can tell you that it does take time to get employees in their groove. Cedar Fair has changed a few policies and from what i see some ride operation policies. If I was a returner I might be used to the old ways and if I was a newbie I would be overwhelmed. Since the park is only open weekends they dont have a lot of time to get their groove in place. I think it is unfair to say the crews are lousy, please give them a chance under the new policies and then let us see how things turn out.

...I'm sorry, 20 minutes for a 3 train wait on Vortex is unacceptable.....its not even that bad at most of the Six Flags parks I visit.

- Todd

I have to agree I worked Vortex last year and we always tried our hearts out trying to get lines down. this made a lot of people happy this year Vortex lines got worse a lot of people who i worked with last year wishes i was back. The newbees there are a little slow. but im hoping with time they will get faster.

Being a former employee I can tell you that it does take time to get employees in their groove. Cedar Fair has changed a few policies and from what i see some ride operation policies. If I was a returner I might be used to the old ways and if I was a newbie I would be overwhelmed. Since the park is only open weekends they dont have a lot of time to get their groove in place. I think it is unfair to say the crews are lousy, please give them a chance under the new policies and then let us see how things turn out.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, except I have several friends that are on these crews. While some changes have occurred, it seems as if nothing new or major since last season. The problem lies, or so it would seem, with the number of people that are on the ride at one time. Two people checking a train of 28 seats, one of which has to tend with dumb ass people who cant grasp the concept of getting off the loading platform before the train dispatches (not the employees fault). There are some crews so far who have no sense of urgency and there are are a few (please see Beast crew) who make EVERY attempt to get the train out as fast as possible. I had some hope that Cedar Fair would kinda shake this up a little and put more emphasis on capacity.

- Todd

I was there. I can verify that it was real and NOT Photoshopped. The old sign was fading out, and while they're at it, why not change a name on it.

Of course, there is another insignia: to the left of the exit, just outside the on ride photo(video) stand, it reads "J.G.C. 96." Shouldn't that read "R.L.K.?"