Fort Copper is now Fort Kinzel

PKIVortex

I'm glad they did, especially since Jane Cooper was a complete idiot. Great Idea trying to buy Son of Beast, Stealth, and Hypersonic XLC all in the same year. The first thing we need is more debt! I'm glad she's gone.

Funny, I thought the best years of the Paramount era were under Jane Cooper. Things certainly didn't improve when one Al Weber took the helm. Hypersonic was in 2001. The other two came in 2000.

- Todd

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to put my two cents in that the image has been doctored. If you really start blowing up the picture and look closely at Kinzel it does not have the same digital patterning around the letters that the rest of the sign shows. It shows more digital pattern around the top of the letters in Kinzel than Fort does. Also, the z e l does not stay in a straight line. The word Fort is pretty well a straight line across the bottom of the letters. Kinzel starts moving downward with each letter around the letter z. That same slant appears slightly in the other lettering but it is not as pronounced as Kinzel is.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but the above observations were made using Adobe Photoshop with about 5x enlargement. 1024x768 screen settings with ATI 128M video on a LCD screen.

Bear295

Even though it has been confirmed by many here, some are still questioning its authenticity. I would just like to add that I too was at the park Sunday and noticed the Fort Kinzel change. It's 100% real.

The Sandusky highway = not so much :lol:

I was there. I can verify that it was real and NOT Photoshopped. The old sign was fading out, and while they're at it, why not change a name on it.

Of course, there is another insignia: to the left of the exit, just outside the on ride photo(video) stand, it reads "J.G.C. 96." Shouldn't that read "R.L.K.?"

Doesn't this eyewitness account pretty much squash the real or photoshopped arguement? ^ And another eyewitness account.

I was there. I can verify that it was real and NOT Photoshopped. The old sign was fading out, and while they're at it, why not change a name on it.

Of course, there is another insignia: to the left of the exit, just outside the on ride photo(video) stand, it reads "J.G.C. 96." Shouldn't that read "R.L.K.?"

Doesn't this eyewitness account pretty much squash the real or photoshopped arguement? ^ And another eyewitness account.

I think you mean,

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help you God?"

Well remember the park is only open weekends, they still do alot of work during the week getting the park ready for full season. It's very possible that the sign was changed last week before the park opened on May 5th. Also look how faded that sign is in that picture, why not change it when they re did the sign?

Before Paramount came along it was Tower Gardens, it would be nice if they make a really cool landscaped place in there to look around. It would also be nice to maybe add a flat ride in there, only time will tell.

It was kinda cool back in the day. But to be honest in the later years they neglected it. The last movie I believe they put in there was Titanic which was 1998. A lot of the props looked horrible, and the Wayne's World car was removed a long time ago.

oh.

ive allways thought that they should of named Viking Fury the Titanic, and rethemed it.

Great.

Now everytime I go on it, and it gets to the top of the cycle, all I am going to think is; "I'm the king of the world!"

Ya, thanks alot!

;)

I would have to put my two cents in that the image has been doctored. If you really start blowing up the picture and look closely at Kinzel it does not have the same digital patterning around the letters that the rest of the sign shows. It shows more digital pattern around the top of the letters in Kinzel than Fort does. Also, the z e l does not stay in a straight line. The word Fort is pretty well a straight line across the bottom of the letters. Kinzel starts moving downward with each letter around the letter z. That same slant appears slightly in the other lettering but it is not as pronounced as Kinzel is.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, but the above observations were made using Adobe Photoshop with about 5x enlargement. 1024x768 screen settings with ATI 128M video on a LCD screen.

Bear295

if you read the EXIF data that I posted you would see that the photo ws not doctored by a graphics program and resaved. If it had EXIF would have read Adobe Systems instead of Nikon Coolpix.

Perhaps it was not the image of the building that was altered, but the building itself. It's amazing what bored park employees can do in their spare time! :)

--The Interpreter, who will be here all week

;) either way fort cooper fort kinzel who cares :-) the park is still open and we got a "new" ride this year so the details of a sign are miniscule(sp?)

Signs, logos, and inside jokes matter.

THIS new sign at Great Adventure is one of them.

See anything funny about that logo, or the new way the park name is referred to?

http://www.amusementpics.com/SFGAdvNotesSp.../SFGA07-131.jpg

By the way, during the conference call yesterday, Mr. Shapiro of that company said it was returning to theming BIG TIME, and that its parks would be immersive experiences, including even "ice cream experience"

I bet that was already decided when that sign was made. Those who noticed early got a hint they could interpret, or just not see and go on...after all at that park we did get The Big Red Cars this year! :)

Are you sure that the quote was "ice cream experiences" and not "I scream experiences"? ;)

I find it rather intresting that he would make the comment about themeing. SF current financial status is not the best, and themeing costs big bucks to not only install, but to maintain. If they put it up, I hope they can maintain it so it does not look like garbage in a few years.