Gold Pass Perks

Lauch

I sent an e-mail to KI and asked about the Maxx Pass gold perks, such as parking, speed pass, meal deals and how will the parking attendants know if they are gold since the pass is red. Also, I asked if the perks for Maxx Pass will be going away at the end of May just like the regular passes. Here is their reply.

"Thank you for your note. All Maxx passes are gold passes until the May 27, 2007 deadline. The toll booths and food area will be able to scan your passes and provide the appropriate perks therein. My understanding is that the speed lanes will function the same way. The attendant will just scan your card and let you pass. Please feel free to contact us with any further issues. Thank you for your time."

And a mistake I believe they MAY be making (or not; the registers will tell the tale...):

Too High Prices on Food and Merchandise MAY = People leaving the park and not coming back as often or perhaps not at all

Yep. I am returning for a second visit this weekend and I am packing a cooler. We (there will be 7 of us) will be returning to the parking lot for lunch... No Potato Works this time. No LaRosa's. No expensive drinks....

It serves them right for tapping me out my last visit.

Lower food and drink prices equals more people buying at lower gross margins...perhaps higher profits?

Hey, it works for Wal-Mart.

Unfortunately, high prices for food & drink seem to be the norm not only for amusement parks, but for sporting events and other large social-like events.

Now the questions is, is the price equal to the quality? I don't mind paying for food at a park like BGE, because IMO it is some really good food. Now the price vs. quality at parks like KI or CP, I tend to pack a cooler.

Chances are that this is one of the big reasons why parks are going the franchise route. If people are familiar with the food & quailty, they will tend to eat in the park (i.e. Chick-fil-a, Skyline, Johnny Rockets, TGIF etc.)

Except for the fact that Skyline and LaRosa`s have been in KI for many, many years. LaRosa`s for example has been in the park since it opened in 1972.

Granted guests might be familiar with their offerings. There is still a considerable markup. Add to that the fact that the portion sizes (at least at Skyline) will be smaller than what they are at a normal Skyline, with usually sub-par quality at the in park Skyline.

Logic would say that at least pass holders would spend less money in the park with the higher prices since they can visit the park many times a year. If it was more reasonably prices, I would be enticed to occasionally spend money on food in the park. But unless their are unusual circumstances, I will just wait until I leave the park before I get food. But it seems like guests are having no problem paying the higher food costs at KI so far this season!

But would they keep the franchises at the franchise price? I DO NOT want to pay $3+ for a Coke!!! First, I hate Coca-Cola and why then would I pay so much for it.

Johnny Rockets? Even a JR that's not in a theme park is too high... but then again the food is REALLY good!

I do see people to soon stop dining at the park, and KI may be forced too lowering prices! -Hauntguy

First I say kill Skyline and bring in Goldstar! :lol::lol::lol: . As for people quit eating at the park so to speak that will never ever happen. "IF YOU BUILD FOOD THEY WILL COME". Wait, wasn't that from a movie? :rolleyes: .... I remember as a kid we were not allowed to eat at the park cause it was too expensive back then. This was in the 70's. Even if the park reduces food prices it still will not be so cheap so i guess it does not matter as long as the park is there the prices will be high and people will pay to eat it!

I just took advantage of the early opening to Action Zone today and it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. There might've been like 100 people, if that. You have to check out to see when the next ones are because it is definitely worth getting there at 9:30.

Driving on Columbia Parkway to get to UC every week day, I pass by Lunken airport. Goldstar`s commisary is by Lunken. That is not the most pleasant smell at 9:30 in the morning. Speaking of Skyline, the Skyline in Coney Mall at KI is featured in one of the Skyline commercials that has been airing on television the last several weeks. The footage was shot at the park in 2005.

Next Sunday the 27th I am going to the park and will be getting just the Kings Island season pass. Does the park still do where I can take my regular ticket and get the 44.95 to go towards the season pass. I will be getting two passes and was wondering cause we will both have a regular 44.95 ticket.

Thanks,

Jake