Flight Of Fear

Beast_fan

Iv been riding this ride at least 5 times every time i come to the park, but iv been riding it for a long time with the same trains. Every one should know at the begining the bost, and often your head bangs aginst the seat unless you know where to put ur head :lol: So iv been wondering if any one thinks if they will make new trains so its less bumper. any thoughts?

Did they replace the short-side seatbelts? The ride literally suffocates me and almost breaks my legs everytime I rode it last year? It took 2 people to push it down enough for the belt to buckle! Did they replace these? Is it more enjoyable to ride? -Hauntguy

Flight of Fear was amazing! There was fog in the drum, there was a BADASS techno bass beat when the train rolled in the station, it was just....10000 times more intense and all around better! The final corkscrew was just incredible! It felt like a zero-g!!!! The MCBR wasn't that bad and it was really smooth! Yes, the cobra roll is VERY intense, but not so intense that you bang your head. The transitions were smooth and the whole ride was an incredible experiance. After 6 years of riding Flight of Fear; this was hands down the best! Also, the camera was off and looks like photo booth was getting redone.

Flight of Fear = <33333

Oh yea....the guy out front said the wait was 1 hour and 20 minutes...but it was only 45 to get on and off through the whole qeue. Abit brighter inside, more lights. No more backround sounds with like..the beeping and humming.

Just my 2007 Flight of Fear opinion!

KI 'Number five all time best coaster on my list!' Man

As far as I know, the belts are still there. They were a report I read somewhere else that said they thought the belt got a tad longer. I haven't yet to ride FoF this year as the line has been pretty long everytime I'm there. May 18th I hope to ride FoF though.

I rode it a few weekends ago. The restraints were from above and the seatbelt fastened along the side. Not sure what you call that.

The ride was fine, except for the slowdown/stop halfway through. When you started to move again, it hurt because you were being pushed into the restraint. The fast moving parts weren't that bad.

I rode it a few weekends ago. The restraints were from above and the seatbelt fastened along the side. Not sure what you call that.

The ride was fine, except for the slowdown/stop halfway through. When you started to move again, it hurt because you were being pushed into the restraint. The fast moving parts weren't that bad.

Are you talking about the Flight of Fear and not Vortex? The restraints of Flight of Fear have been at the waist for at least 2, maybe 3 yrs now. There are no restraints above your waist. It used to have OverTheShoulderRestraints (serious ear and head bangers) but those have been removed for some time. The restraints are almost exactly like the SOB restraints. Thick pad that locks over your waist. They also added some air filled plastic drums to hold your feet to the floor.

Are you talking about the Flight of Fear and not Vortex? The restraints of Flight of Fear have been at the waist for at least 2, maybe 3 yrs now. There are no restraints above your waist. It used to have OverTheShoulderRestraints (serious ear and head bangers) but those have been removed for some time. The restraints are almost exactly like the SOB restraints. Thick pad that locks over your waist. They also added some air filled plastic drums to hold your feet to the floor.

Actually, now that I think of it, you're right. They were very much like IJ:ST's restraints, except for the side seatbelt. sorry I mixed it up with another ride.

^What??

The Italian Job has never had anything more than the Lap bars (and shin restraints) that they have now. I asked a ride op if they would get seatbelts and they said no because seatbelts are just secondary restrictors and because IJ had the door and no openings in the walls that that was considered the secondary restrictor.

Ha Ha. (not).

For the record, I have ridden Kingda Ka many, many more times than I have Top Thrill Dragster. And the latter has broken down on me more times while I have been in line waiting for it than the former has.

Heck, Top Thrill Dragster almost didn't make an appearance at its own media day. There was a huge thunderstorm the night before. Guess what got hit by lightning? Anyway, waited nearly five hours to ride that thing that day.

Still prefer the one in Jersey, though. The front seats of each car are the ones you want. If you ride the backseat of a car and want to complain about it being rough, go tell someone else. Trust me. I know these things.