More Action at Ft. Kinzel!

Rumors have been spreading about a Firehawk test flight during the late hours of last week at the newly christened Ft. Kinzel at Kings Island. Such speculation has been not been officially confirmed; however the Firehawk train is on the tracks loaded with weight dummies. Final touches are being made to the K-Base before Firehawk’s grand opening on Memorial Day weekend.

Click here to see the latest photos of Ft. Kinzel and the Firehawk construction process.

Also don't forget to keep checking back to KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors, photos and information about Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

KICentral.com

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so unbelievably impressed with the images I am seeing. I can't wait to get there. I love the signs they have in Coney Mall pointing to FoF and Firehawk. One of the best things about this whole setup, I think, is all the extra attention it will bring to the FoF area. I've always thought that FoF has always been downplayed somewhat, especially with its location. The addition of Firehawk and the extra theming just seems to really accentuate FoF's concept.

Yeah, that's why I first assumed it was a "K" (although, the other sign says Fort Kinzel, not Base Kinzel.) I thought maybe it was referring to the rest of the sign about being an "Experimental Testing Site."

I took the graphic and rotated it, and it really does look like an X. (If it is a "K", it's a really odd typeface...) I'd post it in the message, but can't figure how to without an URL :-)

I think it might be X... being there, I thought it was a K for sure, but CombatStu pointed out that it's an X... It certainly does look like an X now. I thought the K stood for Ft Kinzel. What's X? X-Flight? Sounds like something... uhh... cute... they'd do...

I would have never imagined that this thing would look this good. They are really going all out with the theming. I like the sign that says X or K Base, that is pretty cool. Looks like Cedar Fair is really doing something good with this.

I think "Fort Kinzel" is just the name of the FoF building... that being a fort. The area is now called "X-Base"... or in KICentral.com terms... "XB" or "X-B". I also believe a little more theming and a themed flat and this would be a new area to the park!

Again, great pictures... I am so excited to ride FH! Hehehehe.... -Hauntguy

I agree i was thinking the same thing! Hey with all this new theming going on, Did they do any thing new in front of Beast, now that the gaudy cool zone is gone? I think it would cool if they put a Beast logo statue to take pictures with in that area, kinda like they have in front of SOB.

One word explains it all... Badass!

You are one very lucky guy, and at the same time I pity you. Why would I pity you... because I can see the line for Firehawk just like how the FoF line was 10 years ago. By the end of this summer your going to be beat, but hey I was going to pick Firehawk as my first choice anyway if I was able to return.

I was placed on the Firehawk crew before i got promoted and i would of loved to be on it still but i like where im at now , and i think that Hablo will be fine he knows how to keep his crew motivated throughout the entire year. If you need any help bud you know where you can call.

One word explains it all... Badass!

You are one very lucky guy, and at the same time I pity you. Why would I pity you... because I can see the line for Firehawk just like how the FoF line was 10 years ago. By the end of this summer your going to be beat, but hey I was going to pick Firehawk as my first choice anyway if I was able to return.

Dont Lie!

You know you wouldnt have been able to leave Tomb Raider.

It certainly looks like a newly themed area in the works to me. And judging by the pictures, a nice one at that. This is a good sign that there are probably some really good ideas being brought up and amazing things yet to come for Kings Island. Again, I am forced to applaud Cedar Fair for turning the park back around.

m.f.21

It looks like some nice touches, and I'm really glad they're trying to pull the area together under a common theme. FoF was always stuck out in some limbo area...not really part of any themed area. I really hope they continue that effort with the orginal KI themed areas of the park (in other words, let's lose the Gwen Stefani music on International Street...)

But, come on...so far it's a few signs and an airstrip painted on the concrete. I'm not exactly ready yet to jump on the bandwagon and declare Cedar Fair the new "masters of themeing" yet :D

This new themed area at KI, and Maverick at CP are a great start. But, as far as themeing goes, they've still got a way to go to get up to even Six Flags standards... ;)

So will there be a media day coming up soon for Firehawk? If so I can't wait to see what they have in store...the last media day i attended was for IJST and they had limos that took us back to the ride, a stunt show, and dinner. So just wondering if they could have the same fanfare or top it.