Cedar Point Question

Hey everyone. My friend and I are going to Cedar Point this weekend.. And I have a few questions.

He is 6'3, and he fits fine on rides at Kings Island.. He usually has to sit in the first seat of a car of the train because it has more room..

I know on Cedar Points website, it lists 6'2 to fit in most of the bigger rides. (top thrill, millenium force, magnum, so on)

Do you think he will be okay?

Just wondering. Everyone differs and I know I probably get a striaght forward anwser because it is hard to know due to how everyones body is different..

But what are your opinions?

Thanks a lot!

Well is he a BIG 6'2 or a skinny 6'2.

If he is a skinny 6'2 there should be no problem. If his waist is over 42" he may have an issue.

He should have no problem with Magnum. TTD should be OK. MF may be an issue. There are test seats for TTD, MF, WT, and Raptor. He should try them before getting in line (but then again, the test seats are not a gaurantee.

My dad had an issue with the test seats on Millenium Force, he fit fine in the test seat, but he had to struggle to get the seat belt on after a two hour wait. I'm 6'3 and I have had no troubles on any ride anywhere, except Vortex, but I can still ride it, the OTSR hurt though. I'm sure your friend will be fine height wise.

Thanks everyone for the fast reply.. From what you all have said he should be fine.

We well check the test seats as well.

I know my uncle is a skinny 6'4 and fit on everything.

but I think it will be ok. Cant say until you try!

Thanks again everyone.

EDIT: Fixed typos

Know too that the belts are any particular train are NOT all the same size. They are supposed to be, but they ain't. And be sure the belt is fully extended if it at first appears too short. On Monday, the rule being applied was at least half an inch of black space must appear...last year it had been an inch.

hey everyone. it went very well, althought my friend hurt his back on mean streak (i think something happend to one of his nerves), and I think i almost broke a rib! Lol. That ride wasnt the best. I think it wasnt as rough 2 years ago.

Anywho. The only ride that didn't work for him was indeed Millinum Force. No biggie..

It was pretty fun overall. thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a "big" 6'5". But I'm not that big, really. I used to have a 50" waist and MF was not a problem. Now I'm down to a 42" waist but my main problem is my height. I've never had a problem with any ride at CP. I've not ridden TTD or Wicked Twister yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm a "big" 6'5". But I'm not that big, really. I used to have a 50" waist and MF was not a problem. Now I'm down to a 42" waist but my main problem is my height. I've never had a problem with any ride at CP. I've not ridden TTD or Wicked Twister yet, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

EXCEPT, EXCEPT, EXCEPT. The seatbelts have been shortened on MF and TTD not once or even twice, but several times. How long ago did you have no problem on MF with a 50 inch waist? I can assure you that MANY people now with a 38 inch waist do NOT fit. It's not the size of the waist, but the size of your thighs which is key. And know that not all the belts are the same size, either.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm leaving tomorrow at 6:30 AM with my friends and dad for Cedar Point. We will be at the park on Monday and Tuesday. I doubt Tuesday will be crowded at all. Thunderstorms are in the forecast. Good thing they don't last very long, and the park hopefully shouldn't be crowded. Who knows what tomorrow will be like. I really want a repeat of my marching band trip last September. Almost everything was a walk on or had REALLY short waits.

Thunderstorms are in the forecast. Good thing they don't last very long, and the park hopefully shouldn't be crowded.

Well, if CP was a regional park, your theory of questionable weather has a chance, but it is not.

Obviously, most of CP's guests come from either Detroit, Cleveland or Akron/ Canton. The trips from those cities is not a quick trip (about 1 hour from Cleveland area, 1.5 hrs. from Detroit) people and/ or families normally take off work to attend a day at the Point. Weather is not going to stop them just due to taking a day of vacation that they had planned for weeks or months in advance.

Also, CP is on the shores of Lake Erie, not the shores of Florida. Rain & thunderstorms can last for more than a few hours. Don't always count on poor weather blowing by quickly.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Turns out, my friend has a soccer game at 5:30 (and the other lost a maxx pass. oops!), so we are going to Kings Island instead.

Whoo hoo! double ride Tuesday's!!!!1111one!!! I have never been there on that.

so thanks to everyone who replied, one again. I'll remember to take that into consideration next time CP plans come up!

You guys rock.