Vortex

VortexPKIFreak

I doubt they would take out The Beast, I mean it STILL holds the record for longest wood coaster. And it is a park Icon! Or at least I hope it's never removed.

As soon as another Coaster breaks the Worlds Longest wooden Coaster Record The Beast is gone.

Unless another company buys KI, A Company that ISN'T obsessed with Records.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it sucks sometimes for us coaster enthusiast when we are used to riding a coaster that is running at full capability only to come back another day and have it slowed down by a breaking system. Some of us have rode these rides 100 times and more. It is like taking a step backwards, totally removing the thrill the ride had, that made you want to ride it again and again. It would be like a guy that races dragsters for a living and telling him he has to start racing YUGOS lol lol

Guest kwindshawne
I think it sucks sometimes for us coaster enthusiast when we are used to riding a coaster that is running at full capability only to come back another day and have it slowed down by a breaking system. Some of us have rode these rides 100 times and more. It is like taking a step backwards, totally removing the thrill the ride had, that made you want to ride it again and again. It would be like a guy that races dragsters for a living and telling him he has to start racing YUGOS lol lol

Or like putting restrictor plates on Nascar-that is the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As soon as another Coaster breaks the Worlds Longest wooden Coaster Record The Beast is gone.

Uhhh... No? I highly doubt that CF will have The Beast removed just because it is no longer the world's longest woodie. That's just a ridiculous statement.

The reason that no one has built a coaster longer than The Beast is because of the respect for The Beast. The Beast is truely a remarkable coaster considering it was built with literally no computer technology at its time....

I also love Vortex, but yes it is true that it is sinking a few inches each year but I don't think that they are too worried about it, so if I were you I wouldn't worry.

If Vortex were sinking i highly doubt its a few inches every year. Im sure it wouldnt sink all but maybe an inch is what i would think. Here come The Vortex sinking posts again. <_<

What a joke!

CF just built a $21 million coaster, and it broke no records.

Removing Beast because it lost it's record is like removing all trolls from message boards.

What a joke!

CF just built a $21 million coaster, and it broke no records.

Removing Beast because it lost it's record is like removing all trolls from message boards.

And removing trolls is not an easy task either. Kinda messy too! :lol:

And that parks aim their product at the target demographics....and the number of people who actually care whether or not a particular coaster is unique, much less breaks any records, is so small as to be insignificant. The park going public likes new, they like fun, they like thrilling, but very, very few people care about whether or not a coaster breaks a record or not.

• 2 weeks later...
I think people respect The Beast's title.

PLUS:

It is extremely hard to fit MORE than 7,359 feet of track into a respectible area.

The Beast Occupies 35 achres!

Theme Parks don't have the land, or money to develope that land!

SOB is only 327' shorter than The Beast and only uses about half the land that The Beast uses, so yes you can fit a large long track in a small area. Also look at Voyage, it uses much less land in comparison because it is an out and back not a big loop in the woods. Most of the land that The Beast uses is really not even used because it is in the middle of a massive loop. This record and many like it will stand for many years, because the parks today care about exciting, fun, and eye catching rides. Record breakers just don't have the financial return that they used to have. I am speaking of American parks. European and Asian parks, including Australia, are different, they tend to look for records that will bring people in. Mainly the odd records like angles and G's.