Vortex

VortexPKIFreak

Also look at Voyager, it uses much less land in comparison because it is an out and back not a big loop in the woods.

Voyager? or is it V'GIR?

Is that some kind of ride Paramount planned before they sold?

;)

Corrected, I do not know how the "r" got in there.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYONE knows that a ride is no good unless it breaks a record, jeez. As far as I'm concerned, if a new ride isnt the latest and greatest, biggest and best, then dont build it...

I'd go as far as saying that if it's not the tallest and/or fastest, I won't even ride it.

:P

Are you saying it's going to get removed? Or are you just stating that there's always a possibility?

Because, I'm 99.99% sure it's not going anywhere.

They removed Shockwave to put somthing in it's place, and the shuttle loops were hard to maintain.

The Vortex is not a matinence nigthmare, and I'm pretty sure they will not put anything there.

The first I can understand how you might know...but how can you so affirmatively state the second? Especially given how steel coasters age and what has happened to other similarly aged Arrows....such as Shockwave at Six Flags Great America, or to the shuttle loops....

I can confirm from 'the powers that be' that The Vortex is NOT sinking and there currently aren't any plans for The Vortex to go anywhere anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong I love The Vortex. I think it's a great ride, I do think it can be better but I still think it's a good ride. Another thing that's happening more frequently now though is that guests are realizing that you don't have to get your head banged to death to ride a good coaster. Head banging is a problem that a lot of coasters have especially with looping Arrow's. By no means do I mean to single out Arrow though Eurofighters (Mystery Mine only one i've experienced) also seem to be head bangers. Most of this is solved by removing the OTSR's which is why previously in this thread I felt as though Vortex could use a new set of trains. I would say as it is now if no major improvements are done to The Vortex (ie: new trains w/o otsr's) I would hazard a guess that The Vortex will be gone within 10 years.

^Ummm, I'm gonna hafta say no. they are both fun rides, but SoB gets a little boring after the rose bowl. Ride Vortex back seat and tell me it sucks.

But anyways this topic reminds me. I took my friends to KI back in September for GE day and one was surprised to see Vortex still running 'cause he thought it was sinking. He thought they already removed it!!!

Well as far as that goes , I know what you mean about people that dont know alot about the park. Ive heard people say it is sinking that dont even go to the park. Like it has become an excuse why they dont ride coasters. In reallity they are just afraid to ride and need an excuse to use, hence that it is sinking.