Viscious Rumor

WeloveKI1234

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clear some things up. Yes there was a clause between CP and B&M that I guess you could call a quasi non compete. More or less during the construction of Raptor and Mantis B&M was not able to put a similar ride within a specific mile radius for that year. So basically Raptor and Mantis were either the first of their kinds or biggest and tallest or most inverted rides at that time. Basically the entire reasson for the non compete was for CP to have the ability to claim the records for those rides that year. These types of contracts are more common with some companies than for others. B&M has done this recently with Griffon and SheiKra as they were to be the only Floorless dive machines around and then you will see more pop up.

Anyways back to KI, they will get a B&M sooner or latter, especially since CF has renewed their relationship with B&M since the issues involving Mantis and the restraints causing a certain male only injury. Anyways look for another one to pop up at KI sometime in the future. Can anyone say Floorless multilooper...

Anyways back to KI, they will get a B&M sooner or latter, especially since CF has renewed their relationship with B&M since the issues involving Mantis and the restraints causing a certain male only injury.

Do you care to elaborate on this? I have never heard that CF had issues with B&M coasters and a male only injury with Mantis. Can you provide more details? I am curious!

I read the Interpreter's previous post wondering why Cedar Fair always goes to Intamin for new rides for Cedar Point despite the many problems they always seem to have with them. I always wondered the same thing and have always wanted a new B&M at both Cedar Point and a first B&M at KI. Perhaps this "issue" you mention is part of the reason.

I for one would LOVE to KI to have a B&M coaster. It is in my mind the one thing this park really needs, and it would not really compete with Cedar Point since they are Intamin central...

Some Intamins may be more intense, but I think the overall ride experience is better on many B&M coasters. I find the thrills of some B&Ms to ultimately be more satisfying because there are many elements that are both subtle and well designed. Intamins seem like they are hitting you over the head while some B&Ms seem to sneak up behind you and get you in more subtle ways. The older I get, the more l like that. It is a matter of personal preference of course....

I'd love to see a B&M inverted coaster like Raptor at CP. That is my second favorite coaster at there with MForce being first on my list. I have yet to ride Maverick though so I may be changing my tune after my trip up there in July.

That is a good question. Does anyone know if Vekoma played any part with moving X-Flight to KI. But would they really move another GL coaster to KI? I don't know, but if they did, then GL Future would really be in danger.

Well yes they could. But I was talking about the ride part.

The ride part is def going. I honestly wouldn't be suprised if their is already a plan to re-locate all rides on the ride side and sell the land, possibly even with the water park side too, they just havn't seen a return on the investment it's too expensive to maintain.

Anyways back to KI, they will get a B&M sooner or latter, especially since CF has renewed their relationship with B&M since the issues involving Mantis and the restraints causing a certain male only injury.

Do you care to elaborate on this? I have never heard that CF had issues with B&M coasters and a male only injury with Mantis. Can you provide more details? I am curious!

I read the Interpreter's previous post wondering why Cedar Fair always goes to Intamin for new rides for Cedar Point despite the many problems they always seem to have with them. I always wondered the same thing and have always wanted a new B&M at both Cedar Point and a first B&M at KI. Perhaps this "issue" you mention is part of the reason.

I for one would LOVE to KI to have a B&M coaster. It is in my mind the one thing this park really needs, and it would not really compete with Cedar Point since they are Intamin central...

Well basically the issue involved with Mantis, B&M and CP is as follows. The training provided by B&M for the opperation of the ride did not account for the fact that the restrainst on Mantis have a tendancy to lift during the ride, not lift as in open, but lift as in there was at one point free travel in between clicks so the entire seat unit would rise on guests, causing some male pattrons to have a bicycle seat slam in to their groin during parts of the ride and then their feet no longer touched the floor. If you can imagine the embarrasement and injuries this caused, nothing serious imediately but the effects would be felt latter on, with swelling, discomfort, and urinary issues just to name a few.

Anyways what followed was a disagreement between CP and B&M regarding who was responsible for this issue and also was it B&M's fault for not informing CP to train their ride opps to be on the look out for restraints that might cause an issue for a guest, basically this is why you see guests standing straight up and there is the occasional stappling of Mantis restraints now. So basically there was a rework of the restraint checking process between CP and B&M and also a little bit of tweaking to the restraints to help eliminate free travel in between clicks.

Hopefully this sheds a little more light on a pretty well kept ride issue.

I don't pretend to know much about roller coaster companies but would B&M have anything to do with it if The Dominator was moved from GL to KI? Cause I bet that would be a pretty good posibility? I just know that that is a B&M.

Generally a ride manufacture has three entities, design, manufacturing, and assembly. B&M is this way, the design side is B&M, the manufacture is called Clermont Steel, and the assembly is usually a contractor in the general area. (When I say general contractor, I do mean some one experienced with this type of project and is trained by B&M). B&M has had only one ride relocated, and they did send a rep to oversee the disassembly and reassembly. I do not know if Vekoma sent a rep or not, but I do know that they did send or are sending replacement parts for the switch track on Firehawk. This tells me that KI has been in touch with Vekoma or has a rep on premises.

well, face off is just a inverted boomerang made by Vekoma, so theres really nothing still stopping them from making a actual SLC in the park....lets hope no, but if the next one is a Vekoma...thats what its going. Im still really hoping for a return of the standup, and of course, its going to be a B&M, casue there the only ones that make standups up now since Togo went under

I doubt we'll see any new stand-ups ever. Last one installed I believe was the Georgia Scorcher in 1999. Combat, I believe, knows for sure.

I would rather see an Intamin or B&M hypercoaster installed at KI. You probably won't see many new installations with inversions either. Look at CP for example...other than Maverick, the last installation with inversions was Mantis in 96.

^If you also look in the "status" column, you can see that it is in the - stage. It basically means that the ride is in storge as of 2002. Much like Batman The Escape from AstroWorld.

Click on the coaster name, and everything is spelled out.

• 2 weeks later...