Viscious Rumor

WeloveKI1234

Well, Carowinds got their B&M Top Gun in 1999. That was the same year that Kings Island got Face Off and Drop Zone. Tog Gun at Carowinds is one of my favorite steel coasters. As much as I like the ride, I am glad what KI got in 1999. Drop Zone is an awesome ride, and one of the few rides that still makes me a little nervous! That being said, I think that Kings Island would really benefit from a B&M coaster both from a capacity standpoint as well as from a general ride experience. Hopefully, with Cedar Fair at the helms, we will some day in the not too distant future, receive a B&M coaster.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I love how suspended coasters feel but I wish Top Gun was longer. And good coasters don't need to have inversions to be fun. That doesn't mean I don't think that KI needs a B&M inverter because I would very much enjoy that.

More ideas on my accellorator theory. There are a few buildings between Nick Universe and the Montgomery Inn restaraunt that appear to be barren. Perfect place to make a themed queue and station for a western themed ride (my origional theory.) The long stretch of woods between that and the lake could be used for the launch/brake area, and the ride itself would wrap around the lake, featuring a lake hugging overbank and a tophat as it's two main elements (obviously with some other hills or turns in between.)

My ongoing quest for evidence now includes:

*Pic of Xcellorator on souvenier cup signs (what started me on making the accellorator rumor)

*Aformentioned space at Rivertown

*Build a bear shop is now selling those toy old west guns

*An old western barrelwagon near Vortex

*Lots of q-tv videos hinting at "Diamond" theme. My guess for the ride name is Diamondback

^Yay, support! Maverick style might be nice, but does anyone know how much one of those costs in comparison to a normal rocket coaster? Just trying to realistically figure out if we can have 2 peak years in a row...

^Yay, support! Maverick style might be nice, but does anyone know how much one of those costs in comparison to a normal rocket coaster? Just trying to realistically figure out if we can have 2 peak years in a row...

I'll support this rumor just because I like the idea of a coaster going around the lake. I think it would be awesome weather or not it's western themed even though it might be either western or like back woods type wilderness themed since that's Rivertown there and they already have the wooden buildings. I also would rather the coaster not really go over the trees by that much but more be concealed by and weave through the trees.

I personally like Iron Dragon over Top Gun, top gun is fast and has some intense g's but its just too short, but its not "lame". And yes, the TG:TJC at PC is quite the wonderful coaster, i prefer it to Raptor.

I like Silver Bullet, at Knotts Berry Farm.

Well, I highly doubt that we will see a major new coaster for next season. With Firehawk seeming to be a big hit with the public, the park could get away with a smaller addition next year, IMO. I doubt that Cedar Fair would bring in another coaster on the heels of Firehawk. Especially if they can get Son of Beast open this year.

A ride in that area of the park would be nice. Especially if its station was located somewhere along the path by Paradise Island Treats. That area is always deserted and seems like it could use some livening up. Especially the large grassy area that used to be home to the Salt Water Circus.

I know this has been talked about in other threads in the past. I would rather have several smaller rides than another coaster at this time. something along a family thingy, maybe like the old canoe rides back in the day or another gentle ride like the antique cars....

I love the idea of a new ride in the RT area. My favorite part of the park. I also think the lake is way under-utilized. I also noticed all the empty buildings my last trip. Kinda sad, they really look neat.

I see CF pumping a lot of money into KI, because it has the highest attendance in the chain (or second highest to Knotts or CP). The greater Cincinnati market is very important to KI, especially with METRO taking people up there now. I can see some smaller rides next year (maybe some sort of thrill ride like Skyhawk at CP) and some improvements to X-Base. I think in 2009 is when the coaster will come, mainly because that will have given CP time to have it planned.

I personally like Iron Dragon over Top Gun, top gun is fast and has some intense g's but its just too short, but its not "lame". And yes, the TG:TJC at PC is quite the wonderful coaster, i prefer it to Raptor.

Iron Dragon to me is the worst of the 4 suspended coasters I have been on. Top Gun, overall, is the best one I have been on. Big Bad Wolf had the best drop. Ninja was more intense than Iron Dragon.

Also, my favorite B&M Invert is Alpengeist followed by Talon, Montu, Silver Bullet, Raptor, Great Bear and 3 Batmans. I have not been on Top Gun at Carowinds. I will be there next month.

I see CF pumping a lot of money into KI, because it has the highest attendance in the chain (or second highest to Knotts or CP). The greater Cincinnati market is very important to KI, especially with METRO taking people up there now. I can see some smaller rides next year (maybe some sort of thrill ride like Skyhawk at CP) and some improvements to X-Base. I think in 2009 is when the coaster will come, mainly because that will have given CP time to have it planned.

According to what was released, Canada's Wonderland actually has the highest attendance in the chain and METRO has always had routes to Kings Island, those routes almost dissapeared this year, I agree with you though Joe, I think 2009 is the year of a major coaster.

According to what was released, Canada's Wonderland actually has the highest attendance in the chain and METRO has always had routes to Kings Island, those routes almost dissapeared this year, I agree with you though Joe, I think 2009 is the year of a major coaster.

Canada's Wonderland is probably the best park in Canada though.

I never said WHEN we'd get the coaster, just that it would be feasible in that area. I think this is how it will go in the long run:

2008: Either improvements to the water park (asuming they still include it in park admission) OR some flats and shops to make X-Base more of an official zone. If they go the X-Base route, it would make sence to bring the path around to Top Gun to allow for another access path and to include Top Gun as part of X-Base, possibly under a new generic name.

2009: Diamondback, the accellorator coaster

2010: More general improvements, new flat.

2011: The park finally comes to its sences and removes SoB and Delerium to reinstall King Cobra and start construction on a new B&M coaster (Hey, I can dream cant I?)

More ideas on my accellorator theory. There are a few buildings between Nick Universe and the Montgomery Inn restaraunt that appear to be barren. Perfect place to make a themed queue and station for a western themed ride (my origional theory.) The long stretch of woods between that and the lake could be used for the launch/brake area, and the ride itself would wrap around the lake, featuring a lake hugging overbank and a tophat as it's two main elements (obviously with some other hills or turns in between.)

My ongoing quest for evidence now includes:

*Pic of Xcellorator on souvenier cup signs (what started me on making the accellorator rumor)

*Aformentioned space at Rivertown

*Build a bear shop is now selling those toy old west guns

*An old western barrelwagon near Vortex

*Lots of q-tv videos hinting at "Diamond" theme. My guess for the ride name is Diamondback

Lol, I made a NoLimits coaster called Diamondback just a few days ago. It's basically a bigger, taller, longer version of Maverick with more inversions and is buried in the woods. I'd post it for everyone to see if I knew how. So..... how?

Originally I planned to recreate the landscape south of The Beast around WWC, but it would become too complicated. Lol, it takes a lot longer to recreate a ride in NoLimits than RCT3. Even original rides, for that matter. NoLimits has quite a bit of a learning curve. I'm still learning to use some of the features. So who knows how to post NoLimits coasters online?

I never said WHEN we'd get the coaster, just that it would be feasible in that area. I think this is how it will go in the long run:

2008: Either improvements to the water park (asuming they still include it in park admission) OR some flats and shops to make X-Base more of an official zone. If they go the X-Base route, it would make sence to bring the path around to Top Gun to allow for another access path and to include Top Gun as part of X-Base, possibly under a new generic name.

2009: Diamondback, the accellorator coaster

2010: More general improvements, new flat.

2011: The park finally comes to its sences and removes SoB and Delerium to reinstall King Cobra and start construction on a new B&M coaster (Hey, I can dream cant I?)

First off, Both AE and SOB are between X-base and Top Gun making it impossible for Top Gun to ever be linked to X-base. Plus its just too far away even if those other rides weren't in the way. My plan for the Top Gun area would be to remove Days of Thunder and build a new flat there as well as one behind Xtreme Skyflyer. An alternative would be removing Timberwolf to install a major new coaster but I feel like Action Zone is too overdeveloped for another coaster.

Second, SOB and Delerium aren't going anywhere and King Cobra is probably rusted beyond use. I miss it too but it isn't ever coming back.

Here's what needs to go: Top Gun and Adventure Express. I say tear those down, rearrange Action Zone a bit... and put in an awesome invert and awesome standup! I'm not saying they should do all this by next year, but over the course of time definitly would be an awesome expansion!

I hope with Cedar Point owning them now, that the coaster obssession spreads over KI as well.

Cedar Fair's coaster obsession doesn't really exist outside of THE flagship park, Cedar Point. With industry trends and the debt that Cedar Fair is facing (nearly as large as Six Flags and with a much more ambitious plan to quickly repay the debt), I think any thoughts that the coaster wars will continue will quickly be dashed in the near term future. Think more rides like the [six Flags] Tony Hawk's Spinning Coasters and fewer large tens of millions of dollars installs, except at Cedar Point, The Queen of Watering Places, America's Roller Coast.

Will Kings Island get more coasters? Certainly. When? That, along with at what cost, is the $64 million question.

Regardless, no operating ride will be removed unless there are SOUND reasons for doing so. Now is not the time. 2000 is over. And the management that seemed to think it must remove at least one ride for every ride installed has left the building. Thankfully, at least in that regard.

Here's what needs to go: Top Gun and Adventure Express. I say tear those down, rearrange Action Zone a bit... and put in an awesome invert and awesome standup! I'm not saying they should do all this by next year, but over the course of time definitly would be an awesome expansion!

I hope with Cedar Point owning them now, that the coaster obssession spreads over KI as well.

Lol, no. Top Gun is a popular coaster. The only reason why the the line seems so short is that the with the length of the walk, chances are a few full trains will have gone by by the time you get there. As for Adventure Express, its a nice family coaster and KI's mine train. They arent ditching it, simple as that..(Plus it was my first rollercoaster, and I cant let anyone take that down)

As for Mr. Padfoot, think of how much room Coney Mall takes up. X-Base can easily be built as a large strip in the same manor, though it will have to go through SoB's supports structure (mildly easy to do, though it may be a hassle with SoB's past...)