Son of Beast encouragement

retsamemag111

My cousin and I have not been to KI yet but were planning a trip later in the year like July or August. He keeps saying that he wont go on SoB because he claims that tons of people break their backs and necks riding it because its so rough (excluding the accident last year). When i tell him thats not true he ignores me. I keep telling him he can do it if he can do the Boss at our home park because it cant be that much rougher than Boss. He loves roller coasters but he keeps saying going on SoB is suicide. Please can you guys clear this up for him and give him encouragement to ride it.

If the ride reopens, it will be because Cedar Fair and the State of Ohio and Cedar Fair's insurance carrier all believe the ride to be safe to ride. No one in the amusement industry intends to ever run an unsafe ride.

If anything, Son of Beast will be under more scrutiny than nearly any other ride in the entire industry.

That all being said, if your cousin doesn't want to ride the ride, it is probably best to just leave it at that. How could you live with yourself if you goaded him into riding it and then he didn't like it one little bit?

how busy is KI on Memorial Day?

a. What's the weather going to be like? (seriously...)

b. Will Firehawk be open? If so, expect it to be very, very busy.

c. How much advertising will Cedar Fair do for Firehawk--NOW OPEN? (if that is the case).

Seriously, Memorial Day itself is usually less busy than the Saturday and Sunday before it...but asking how busy the park will be on any particular day is not usually productive of a very good answer. Even the park's own estimates can and sometimes do prove to be very, very wrong.

Also, welcome aboard, but in the future you might want to post your question as a new thread, not one about something completely different already in progress....

thanks, sounds like good advice

Cedar Point holidays are not typically insane busy either

sorry about the post

RE:encouragement

riding in our cars is statistically more dangerous than our roller coasters or airplanes, tell cuz to give it a try

c. How much advertising will Cedar Fair do for Firehawk--NOW OPEN? (if that is the case).

Seriously, Memorial Day itself is usually less busy than the Saturday and Sunday before it...but asking how busy the park will be on any particular day is not usually productive of a very good answer. Even the park's own estimates can and sometimes do prove to be very, very wrong.

Also, welcome aboard, but in the future you might want to post your question as a new thread, not one about something completely different already in progress....

I acutally think that the park will be very crowded that weekend, memorial day itself probably not so much but I would plan for big crowds Saturday and Sunday. This is just what I think though no gaurentees ;)

I acutally think that the park will be very crowded that weekend, memorial day itself probably not so much but I would plan for big crowds Saturday and Sunday. This is just what I think though no gaurentees ;)

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to get to ride it a few times w/the loop. Haven't been on since it's been removed. I personally never thought it was that rough. The Vortex has always been much worse on me. The one thing that freaked me out the first time I rode it was going up that first hill and it just sounded like it was barely making it up the hill. The chain was so loud and it just seemed like we weren't going to make it to the top. (Freaked me every other time I rode it as well, but at least I knew we were going to make it).

I hope your cousin decides to give it a try, tho. I'm not sure I would, only because I've gotten to ride it with the loop, so I think I'd really miss that. I'll stick w/Daddybeast and go stand in line for Firehawk instead.

• 2 weeks later...

i have not rode it since thay removed the loop but when it did have the loop i would ride it muiltiple times every day i would go to Kings Island and i don't ride things i think are unsafe such as the zephere but Son of Beast has always beensafe and now it is 10000% safer this year so i say go for it

i have not rode it since thay removed the loop but when it did have the loop i would ride it muiltiple times every day i would go to Kings Island and i don't ride things i think are unsafe such as the zephere but Son of Beast has always beensafe and now it is 10000% safer this year so i say go for it

How did you arrive at this figure? Especially since guests are now apparently required to take their loose articles with them, where they can perhaps come loose and bang into other riders?

How do you know it is not 9854% safer or that it is even safer at all?

I'm serious.

How do you know this?