Great day 5/18/2007

PKIVortex

All I can so is wow, I'm am worn out, I rode more rides in the park today then I have in a long time.

Today was much better then my last visit, not any problems at all. Here is what all I rode today.

Delirium 4 times

Top Gun 2 times

Drop Zone 2 times

Skyflyer 1 time

Face/Off 4 times

Adventure Express 1 time

Racer 5 times

Backwards Racer 5 times

Flight of Fear 5 times

Vortex 4 times

IJ:ST 1 time

The Beast 5 times

Fairy Odd Coaster 1 time

Eiffel Tower 1 time

2 things on FoF I noticed. The first is they changed the buckle for the seat belt, it use to buckle on the side of the bar, now it buckles a little higher and they changed the direction of the buckle, much better in my opinion. FoF was one of those rides I had issues with in the past with being able to get my belt to fasten, I usually would require operator assistants, I'm proud to say that I could get the belt bucked on my own now. The other thing about FoF I noticed was, it seems to be launching a bit faster, the first half of the ride is intense maybe a little too intense. I almost blacked out in the inversions and the forces were almost too much to handle on my neck. The second half all though killed by the full stop on Mid-Course was not as painful as the first half of the ride. On my last ride on FoF I rode in the second car, and the first car wasn't even in the brakes when the rest of the train stopped, it was on it's side off of the break run.

I rode Drop Zone twice today, Drop Zone is another of those rides for me that give me a little trouble with the belts. On my first ride I was able to get my belt fastened myself, I noticed the belt was new. On my second ride, the belt had a lot of wrinkles in it, and I couldn't get it to buckle on my own, but it wasn't as difficult as it was in the past. So either the belts got longer or I lost a little weight, I'm guessing I lost weight.

Also they were allowing re-rides without getting off the train, or if someone was in your seat, permitting you to move to an empty row. Is this a Cedar Fair policy? I know in the past if you wanted to ride again even if your seat would go empty on the next run they would have made you walk all the way back around.

I was able to stay for re-rides on Face/Off, Vortex, and The Beast. Anyway a great day I had today, but I'm worn out.

I love rerides.

At SFoG, I rode Superman twice, once in the front, once towards the rear (which has much more g's in the back it seemed) We then rode GASM twice, which has great airtime, espeically in the back. Next, we rode Ninja 3 times (take sfog regulars advice on that one, ride in the very back). That was the end of double rides due to crowds and check in times.

OH yeah, a few other things I noticed, the Paramount logo on the water tower in Action Zone is gone. And the Paramount's Kings Island license plates on the the IJST cars are gone. I also saw a guy walking the newly placed track on Son of Beast while on top of Tower, not sure what he was doing.

Also the FoF sign has been removed from the arch and replaced by a new sign. The new sign reads X Base, and lists FoF and Firehawk with an arrow pointed below the names.

Today was awesome! I got to the park at 10AM and there were hardly any lines. I only stayed for three hours but in that time I rode...

Delirium 4 times

Racer 1 time

Drop Zone 1 time

The Beast 1 time

IJST 2 times

Vortex 2 times

Face Off 1 time

Adventure Express 1 time

The only bad part about being there early today was that FOF, backwards Racer, and Top Gun weren't open because they didn't have enough employees to open them up. The security guy said that they would probably open around 4PM but I wasn't able to spend the whole day at the park so I missed out on those rides.

Yes, Congo Falls, Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Viking Fury, Backwards Racer, FoF, Monster, Zepher, Shake Rattle and Roll, Tomb Raider, and Reptar as well as a few other kiddie rides were down to about 4, do to staffing. But all of the rides did open.

Fight of Fear had about a 30 minute line when it first opened, but it eventually went to walk-on. I rode 4 times in a row.

It was silly, when I was actually in the line when it was 30 minutes, they didn't have any of the effects going at all, no que video, no safety spiel, other then the colored lights in the drum and the alien voice you hear saying random things when you board. But when the line was a walk on everything was up and running.

Yes today was an awesome day to enjoy the park I was there from 3-6 and I got to ride all sorts of things Face/Off, Delirium, Drop Zone, AE, Racer, Scrambler, Zephyr Vortex, Shake Rattle n roll, Beast Italian Job, Tomb Raider all in 3 hours. The park was next to empty and when I left at 6 even a usually high wait like Slingshot at 10$ had no line :D

It was a great day to get in the park. I joined a friend at 7PM in the park. We had only two hours before it closed. We rode Face/Off, Drop Zone, Adventure Express, Vortex, Flight of Fear, watched them cycle Firehawk once (That thing is fast!), Vortex, Tomb Raider, and Beast at least 5 times.

Also some good news, the FoF sign under racer is gone and is now...

s1414350119_30060277_7795.jpg

Yeah, this is from a phone camera, a better resolution will be up sometime.

Haha, I took the same exact picture...

After I got off my shift I also had walk on waits for everything...I must've rode Beast 7 times! and I had my first ever ride on Delirium...not a bad flat at all!

FOF was...rough...that first maneuver after the launch was painful...I dont even remember that first 5 seconds, lol...it was so fast!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that. I rode in both trains, and I don't remember which, but one of the trains did seem to go faster and it was rough as heck in the first half of the ride. I didn't have any control of my head during the first half of the ride. I'm not sure if it was because the train was only have full or what? Anyone else know anything about FoF, is it running faster or what?

I was off yesterday, and thought about making the trip, but it didn't happen. Sounds like it was a great day.

I am shooting for a couple days the first week of June. For a long time, I've wanted to dedicate the better part of a day to Boomerang Bay.

These TR's are making me antsy!!

i too was at the park yetserday

worked the larosas stand in the festhaus for work.... since i'm a larosas employee and htey were short handed, they send us up there a few days during th beginning of the season

as soon as my shift was over, i headed over to Delirium. did anyone else notice the ride seems longer this year? more full swings?? seemed like it to me! it was awesome.

unfortunately i then had to leave the park and head to my other job... haha but a great day none the less.