I Have An Idea For New Areas In The Forum

Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've posted, but some things have been going on in my life, and I really haven't had the time. That leads me to my idea for a couple new areas in the forums. What if we had a members area in which we could post about things that are going on in our lives that we want the other members to know about. For example a couple months ago I could've posted that I wasn't going to be able to post for a while, and let people know a little bit about what was going on. Also, this could be an area for announcements such as when Chef became a father.

My other idea is a forum in which new member can come and introduce themselves, so that they can give us a little information about themselves before they have to jump in to the PKI Central waters.

I think these could be good in helping the forum members come together as a community. I realize that neither of these ideas are really PKI related, but I think that in a situation like this (especially one where members meet at the parks and interact in real life) that it is important to have a very strong sense of community.

Just let me know what you think.

That's a great idea, but it's already been done. The discussion forum is for all of you to post about whatever happens to be on your mind. It doesn't even necessarily have to relate to the amusement industry. Also, there is a thread in there entitled "I want to get to know you" which is where new members can introduce themselves.

I hope this helps, and thanks for the suggestion,

Ryan

No not a blog type of program. Just a different board that's designated for things that are happening in our lives, and ones that's designated for introductions. Also, even though there may be a thread in the discussion forum, it might be better if there was a board for it just to make it easier to find (you could even turn off the post count in that board if your worrying about people artificially inflating their counts).

Also I forgot to mention that I was thinking the Member's Forum could be made member's only in case people don't want to share with the entire internet. It's all up to you guys. If you think that the discussion forum is a good place to put all this then leave it like that. If not maybe it could be considered.