Firehawk Has Final Touches and Testing

With less than a week until Memorial Day weekend, final touches and testing is being done to Kings Island's new flying coaster, Firehawk!

Firehawk has cycled several times over the past weekend, not only testing the ride, but drumming up anticipation for the debut of the only flying coaster in the state of Ohio.

Click here to see photos of Firehawk testing, as well as final track work being done to Firehawk!

Keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors, discussion, and photos of Kings Island amusement park!

Regards,

Ryan

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the X-Base sign is says.... "XBase: Tactical and Experimental STRATOSPHERIC Technologies"... Could this be any possible hint of a stratoscoaster? (sp?)....

Awesome update as always? Thanks. -Hauntguy

I think CF's current debt load is a hint that there wont be a strata coaster :P

Did anyone see the seats raise and lower into the loading position. I didn't ever see them do that. I only watched for about ten minutes, but I would think that that would be something they would want to test along with the ride itself.

I took a look at Firehawk today and it looks great. I just can't wait to actually be on the ride. One thing I noticed is that it looked like there was a que line that went strait to the station. So it must be either a "speed lane" or a singles line.

If it is a speed lane, I hope they use it everyday this year, possibly separate from the gold pass privilege, to where anyone can get a ticket to come back at a certain time, to cut down on the likely-massive lines in its opening year. This could work great with the dual-station set up.

If it's a singles line, it would do an awesome job to cut down on the wait time as well. I think singles lines work great for rides with rows of four, if rows are assigned.

Both possibilities would help keep the wait time manageable.

Me or Boddah? What did the people you saw look like?/What types of cameras were they using?

Dunno. There were 2 guys together. They were using I guess you could say some "hi-tech" cameras..I knew that it had to be somebody from here :lol:

haha yeah, that was probably us, we were waiting around to see if they would send it around a few more times but they didnt. I was the guy in the green shirt with the black camera and Boddah was the taller one with the silver camera.

When were they testing today? When I was in Fort Kinzel when the park opened they were doing landscaping and stuff and then when I went back around 2 it didn't see any testing.

Boddah got there around 4 and saw a few test runs, I got there at about 4:15 and they had stopped, not sure when they started, but those were the last ones for the day.

Well, there are no pictures of this, but the support structure for the shading devices in the queue will likely remind you of ones found at the park up north. They are not like the big shading devices that the park installed for the IJST and Delirium queue.

Me or Boddah? What did the people you saw look like?/What types of cameras were they using?

Dunno. There were 2 guys together. They were using I guess you could say some "hi-tech" cameras..I knew that it had to be somebody from here :lol:

haha yeah, that was probably us, we were waiting around to see if they would send it around a few more times but they didnt. I was the guy in the green shirt with the black camera and Boddah was the taller one with the silver camera.

When were they testing today? When I was in Fort Kinzel when the park opened they were doing landscaping and stuff and then when I went back around 2 it didn't see any testing.

Boddah got there around 4 and saw a few test runs, I got there at about 4:15 and they had stopped, not sure when they started, but those were the last ones for the day.

:lol: I was gonna say something but I didn't wanna interrupt you guys..You looked pretty busy :lol:

Well, there are no pictures of this, but the support structure for the shading devices in the queue will likely remind you of ones found at the park up north. They are not like the big shading devices that the park installed for the IJST and Delirium queue.

Nor do they cover the entire queue like IJST and Deliriums do.

http://www.KICentral.com/photos/displayimage.php?pos=-4699

anyone notice the same balck fence that we see EVERYWHERE at Cedar Point....

MF, Wicket Twister and TTD all use that same style. you'd think there might be a little bit of variety at some time... haha... a sign of repetitiveness to come?

Buying a whole lot of the same thing results in a lower price, superior knowledge for installations, easier replacement, etc. Also known as synergies. Synergies save money and/or give higher quality service, both of which Mr. Kinzel promised unitholders when the acquisition was made. So, I see that black fence as a very good thing.

Besides, Paramount most likely would have used ugly cheap-looking chain link--see Son of Beast queue, for one.

I wonder if the gap in the fencing right before you make the sharp right turn into the last part of the queue on Son of Beast will be fixed. Yeah, there's fencing there, but it is only about four feet high, compared to a concrete wall on one side of it and a much higher fence on the other. It has always looked like a mistake (I doubt it is) and cheap.

I wonder if we will be getting those mist fans they have in the lines up at Cedar Point.

I sure hope so. Kings Island needs more misters, and badly.

I hate to say this, but we don't know. But being a weekend the park will probably be very very busy.

I am sure someone suggested this before but could "X-Base", be the beginning of a totally new section of the Park? If anyone said this before, my apologies but the possibilities are endless and exciting to think about. LOL..don't beat me up to badly if I stated the obvious. :D

Underneat Firehawk is there dirt, grass, gravel, ect..???

We were trying to get a good view of what exactly was underneath Firehawk and it seems like it is gravel. Fortunately, the bland gravel look will likely be far overshadowed by the wonderful landscape work they're doing around the queue of the ride.