Going on the 23rd...will it be crowded?

tinaedmond

Hubby and I are taking the day off work to take our 4 YO daughter to the park this Wednesday. Can anyone comment on how crowded/busy the park will be on the first weekday they're open for the season?

This is the first time in years we've had a pass, and will be her first time ever at the park. I'm excited! SO glad that Cedar Fair bought the park....Paramount really let the place go downhill.

Tina

Sorry but how are we suppose to know how busy the park will be? Second this isn't the first weekday the park has been open, the park was open on Friday last week. I also think that May 23rd is an alternate Math and Science day, so it all depends on how many schools will be there. But it may not be that busy, but then again you just never know. Others may think the same thing as you are, and take the day off and go. Have a good time, I hope to be back on May 30th.

I don't have a crystal ball or anything, but here are some factors that may influence the crowds.

UC is still in school

Most of the local high schools are still in session.

It's a Wednesday (usually one of the less crowded days of the week).

Enjoy your trip.

Well, I attended one of the alternate math and science days back when I was a senior in high school. (It was the last field trip I took, and on the final week of classes). Crowds were on the light side. First ride of the day was Face Off, with a minimal wait. Granted, this was back in 2003.

I`d say crowds will be on the light side. But as others have said, it all depends how many buses show up at the park.

I will take a gander and say light crowds, but with light crowds unfortunately comes light staffing sometimes. With most high schools/colleges still in session it makes it very difficult to get workers. I know in games we have the luxary of Group Workers (volunteer workers) who can come in on days like these but in other departments like rides Group workers cannot work due to laws and such so in the morning I wouldn't expect all the attractions to be open (Octupus, Dodgems, Days of Thunder...) But the main ones I would expect open with light crowds, have a great trip!

Im going to Kings Island saturday, i bet that most rides will have long lines and the park will be ver very busy. All i know is that im getting there early so i can run as fast as i can to Firehawk, but i know when i get to Firehawk there will already be aton of people in front of me.

Be very aware that many of the kids area rides will probably not operate until 4. This is what happened last Friday when I took my 2yo to ride some rides. We figured we would miss the crowds, which we did, but there wasn't much open that she could ride.

guy1115 thanks for the heads up, your advice prompted me to call the park today and specifically ask if Nickelodeon Universe would be operating at 10:00 tomorrow. The woman said it would be....and I remember her name in case we need to complain to anyone tomorrow!

Tina

Last Friday a few rides in Nick U were shut down, such as Blue’s Skidoo, Go, Diego Go!, La Adventura de Azul, Nick Jr. Drivers, Nick-o-Round, Rugrats Runaway Reptar, Swiper’s Sweeper. That's the ones I can remember being closed to around 4. In the Main Park rides that were closed to about 4 was, Top Gun, Days of Thunder, Backwards Racer Viking Fury, Flight of Fear, Monster, Zephyr, Shake Rattle and Roll, Tomb Raider the Ride. So it really just depends on staffing tomorrow.

guy1115 thanks for the heads up, your advice prompted me to call the park today and specifically ask if Nickelodeon Universe would be operating at 10:00 tomorrow. The woman said it would be....and I remember her name in case we need to complain to anyone tomorrow!

Tina

ahhhh but did you ask if all the rides would be open??? even if one ride is open technically speaking the area is operating...but i would say expect some attractions to be closed till 4 when the third shift arrives from getting out of school...and even then you never know how many people are going to "call in"

Actually, every ride was open in the Nickelodeon area yesterday (except for Runaway Reptar, which I think must have been malfunctioning otherwise it would have been open too). We had a blast! Awesome day to go, we walked on everthing we rode.

And donniejb, remember not everyone who goes to KI is there for the coasters. That was a really jerky comment.