Firehawk to Debut Saturday, May 26th!

So I am really looking foreward to Firehawk, especially for theming or grass in the following years.

Grass- yes.

Themeing?- We'll see. I would not hold your breath though.

KI may try and theme the area, but I highly doubt they will be themeing the ride.

^ Good question about media day.

Perhaps they are not going to have the traditional media day since it is not a "brand new" ride. Or there will be no media day due to the ride's grand opening while the park is in the full summer swing.

I highly doubt they would schedule a media day on a Saturday, and even moreso, the ride's opening Saturday (and Memorial Day weekend). That would be absolute chaos.

I have no photos of Firehawk, but I can confirm that there are lockers that guests can put their items in by the ride. They took out a section of Flight of Fear's queue line and installed a few sets of lockers next to Hawk's entrance.

Secondly, I noticed that both trains had their seats in the full upright position, so I'm assuming they've got the mechanics of the seats all down pat since they were doing test runs periodically.

Finally, the Firehawk sign has been installed in front of the ride photo building, and some nice plants have been potted around the queue and entrance area. Oh, and those weird looking tarps have been put up too in the queue, like the ones in Tomb Raider's queue. It's really something look at; the entrance area looks beautiful even when you're 15 feet away behind the security gates.

PKIVortex wrote:

If it's opens on Saturday yes. Besides they are still giving out free t-shirts to the first 2,500 riders on Tuesday, so yes it will be open.

Let's amend that to "Yes, it is EXPECTED to be open."

Anything can happen. There are no guarantees. For all we know, it will pour rain all day so hard that nothing opens. Or their could be some malfunction.

But, yes; it's expected to be open Tuesday.

How big a section of FOF queue? I've seen that full on summer days before...

It was full last Saturday.

I hope they didn't take out too much of FoF's line, becuase Saturday the line was outside the ques, and the area was even more crowded from people wanting to check out Firehawk. I understand that part of that midway was blocked off, but hopefully that isn't a sign of some major overcrowding in the future, especially with lockers and a smaller que for FoF.

Also I'm glad lockers were put in, but if its true that absolutely NO loose articals can be brought in line, I hope that that the lockers are free for the first hour or so like they are at some of the Universal Orlando rides, as someone as said before. If not, for some guests, Firehawk in a way would be a pay as you play ride, to an extent.

How big a section of FOF queue? I've seen that full on summer days before...

It was full last Saturday.

I hope they didn't take out too much of FoF's line, becuase Saturday the line was outside the ques, and the area was even more crowded from people wanting to check out Firehawk. I understand that part of that midway was blocked off, but hopefully that isn't a sign of some major overcrowding in the future, especially with lockers and a smaller que for FoF.

Also I'm glad lockers were put in, but if its true that absolutely NO loose articals can be brought in line, I hope that that the lockers are free for the first hour or so like they are at some of the Universal Orlando rides, as someone as said before. If not, for some guests, Firehawk in a way would be a pay as you play ride, to an extent.

if i remember correctly at carowinds you had to put your stuff in lockers but you got your quarters back when you were finished so it was essentially free...just a hassle to take the extra time to put all your stuff in and lose some places in line...tell me if i'm wrong about the getting quarters back but that is what i thought i can't remember for sure...

I dont ever remember getting quarters back, but I just bummed a locker with someone else. I can tell you this for sure though, before anyone can ride Borg, they do make you secure all loose articles. If that means you need a locker,then you get a locker. There was no holding your hat, or sandals, or whatever in your hand. They dod let you put a few small things in a bin though, but nothing expensive.