Free Firehawk T-Shirt for the First 2,500 Firehawk Riders

Kings Island, Ohio NOW YOU CAN FLY!...at Kings Island beginning Saturday (Memorial Day Weekend) as the park celebrates its 35th anniversary with the much-anticipated opening of Firehawk, the park's 14th imaginative roller coaster.

Firehawk, the innovative flying roller coaster, propels riders 115 feet in the air and through five inversions at speeds of more than 50 mph – all while the riders are facing the ground, giving them the inconceivable experience of human flight.

To celebrate the opening of Firehawk, Kings Island is giving away special commemorative Firehawk T-shirts to the first 2,500 riders each day from Saturday May 26th through Tuesday May 29th.

The new Firehawk roller coaster is located in the Coney Mall themed area of the park. After boarding the coaster, riders are lowered backward to begin their ascent up a 115-foot-tall lift hill, only to be flipped over and jetted at top speeds through ½ mile of steel track over the course of 2 minutes and 30 seconds.

Also opening Memorial Day weekend is the park’s Boomerang Bay, one of the greatest water parks in the Midwest. Gates for Boomerang Bay open at 11 a.m.

This Sunday, May 27, is also the last chance to buy 2007 Gold Season Passes at a reduced price and with the free Gold Pass benefits. For more details, visit www.pki.com or call (800) 952-PASS [7277].

Click here to see opening day photos of Firehawk!

Keep checking KICentral.com for the latest news, rumors, photos and information about Kings Island, including the new for 2007 Firehawk!

Regards,

Ryan

I hope yuu all enjoy KI and Firehawk this weekend. Think of me, no KI or Firehawk for me for a while. :(

I just need to be sure, can you still get the discounted season pass price on sunday or does the price go up on Sunday? We won't be able to get there untill Sunday to buy the tickets.