X-Flight - Firehawk

scotty

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

am i the only one that noticed that when Firehawk opened as x-flight it had three trains and a transfer track as soon as you came out of the station and what happend to them durring the move because the third train could be used if one train starts messing up you could just switch out trains

The storage track is still there. Right between the station and the lift hill. Because they only have two trains, it is unlikely that a train would be parked on the storage track, as they can just park the train that is having issues in the station. Also, because of the fact that the lift hill is located away from the main line and midway, the storage track is not readily visible.

The storage track is still there. Right between the station and the lift hill. Because they only have two trains, it is unlikely that a train would be parked on the storage track, as they can just park the train that is having issues in the station. Also, because of the fact that the lift hill is located away from the main line and midway, the storage track is not readily visible.

so why do they even have the transfer track doesn't that defeat the purpose of having one? and why don't they get the third train back?

That is ironic esp when on top of that you consider the irony that that's where X-FLight was supposed to go originally.

Not true, that is a common misconception. After Stealth at PGA was built, delivered and opened (Now known as Borg: The Assimilator at Carowinds upon its re-location in 2004), Paramount Parks took a look at their recent investment and seemed to be pleased with it, they originally approached Vekoma to come up with a similar design with minor changes (Dual station, differences in on-board train computers and components, in-line twists in place of corckscrews). Paramount Park's initially had an agreement with Vekoma to initially be the only park to build one of their flying coasters with this design and layout, a plan was looked into to put the modified stealth design (which would come to be known as X flight, Batwing, Firehawk) in at Kings Island in the location of the antique cars but that concept never came full circle as at that time PP CEO Jane Cooper would be ousted by Al Webber (the man who wanted Paramount Parks to be known as the "Innovators" of the industry) soon after Stealth opened. Paramount Park's abandoned the idea upon reveiw of Stealth's construction costs and maintenance costs and the layout and plans became available to anyone willing to purchase a Vekoma flying rollercoaster since Paramount Park's was no longer interested. Six Flags purchsed two flying rollercoasters from Vekoma and placed them at Six Flags America as Batwing and Geauga Lake as X-Flight. People often think X flight was put into production and was getting ready to be shipped to KI for instillation in 2001 and PP backed out and then six flags bought it, however that is not true. Paramount Park's only purchased one Vekoma flying coaster, they had a concept to maybe put one at KI, but that never happened.

From what I`ve heard, the location that was floated around for X-Flight at Kings Island was not the antique car site. From what I`ve heard (nothing factual, just speculation on the part of someone who will occasionally post on this site), had Paramount gone through with the plans to bring a Vekoma Flying Dutchman to KI, it would have landed on the site of King Cobra.

I've heard that as well, but from what I know the antique cars position was thought about too, although the idea was not that serious as PP quickly scrapped the idea when the company had become unhappy with Jane Cooper and her costly attractions that encountered lots of problems like SOB, Stealth, and HSXLC.

I new that i could have three trains but it only said it could have 2

it opened with three trains but only ran with two on the track at a time so they took the third one off

well then why did sf buy 3 trains

For increased ride capacity? He said it opened with three trains so they obviously tried to use all three but the third probably just ended up in getting set aside for spare parts.