First on Firehawk today

pkifreakhogg

Hey guys me and a friend were in the first group to ride Firehawk and man it was an awesome ride. We waited awhile and got sunburnt like hell but it is great ride. We waited from 10-1:30 and finally got on.

you had to wait from 10- 1:30?? wow man, u are a hero

Hey guys me and a friend were in the first group to ride Firehawk and man it was an awesome ride. We waited awhile and got sunburnt like hell but it is great ride. We waited from 10-1:30 and finally got on.

you had to wait from 10- 1:30?? wow man, u are a hero

Yeah I waited in that line too. They made it sound like it would open at noon but then they didn't let anyone on until 1:30. The shirts are pretty cool though which is what I was really waiting for. I already rode the ride before it when it was at Geauga.

I'm so jelious. I was suspsose to go on Wednesday to ride it, but it aint going to happen now. :( Maybe by the end of June or Mid-June just depending on what my doctor tells me.

Dude that sucks. I'm going in June and I hope the lines aren't too crazy. What did you hurt, your back? I thought that's what you said. Here's to a speedy recovery, and tons of rides afterwards.

Cool! I was in that line as well but had to leave before noon to go to my grandparents. Never fear fellow coaster enthusiasts...that didn't stop me. My dad and I came back last night, waited about 2.5 hours(the sign said 3) and finally got in our ride on the mighty Firehawk! I must say it is awsome! BTW, we didn't get on until around 9:45 and they were still giving out shirts :lol:

My sister and I were also in that line. We got there early, and waited in the nice crowd near Larosa's for them to open the rest of the park. We rushed to Firehawk, and we'd heard that it wouldn't open until later, so we hit Flight of Fear and Vortex, then returned to the line around 11, at which point we were told that it wouldn't open for a couple more hours. We then decided to wait, and that we would give up if it wasn't open by 2. We started near the Zephyr exit gate, but people kept getting tired of waiting and left the line, so by the time the ride actually opened, we were almost under The Racers. We still didn't get on the ride until almost 3:30, but we got our t-shirts, and had a lot of fun.

We got coupons #2125 and 2126, but I'm guessing this is because they'd split them up between the workers so they could get them out faster (rather than creating jams at the exit by having one person give them out).

Ya the only thing i didn't like was that you couldn't pick up your shirt until after 6 pm and there was a lot of unhappy people at the group sales booth complaining. We left after we rode it and i wasn't going to wait til 6 so i gave my coupon to some kid and left.

When we where still in our car buying our parking ticket a sign said Firehawk may open late today with limited capacity. I waited like 4 hours, but it was worth it.

Did anyone else notice that The Racer, Firehawk and The Beast got stuck on the lift hill today?

it probably didn't get stuck. I would say that those were the block brakes systems at work. It will stop you on the lift hill if the train ahead of yours has not reached the next block brakes or chain lift or something.

Oh and hello everyone, I have been reading the forums for about a week and I finally decided to join. I have gone to King's Island every year since I was 3 and I am now 18. I am also going to Cedar Point tuesday (it is my first time). Maveric is open now!

lol i know what you mean , i waited three hours sunday and got sun burnt as hell also lol

I rode it today. Even with 1 train, I only waited an 1:15. Got on the line at 6:30, rode at 7:45. But man that ride was absolutely incredible!!! The loop is definitely the best part. I sat in the fifth car, after you slow down on the loop you get whipped through the rest of it. It's pretty intense. Definitely worth a three hour wait if there was one. The T-shirt's nice too.

Ya i was fried to a crisp and boy did it hurt to take a shower on sunday morning. OUCH.

I know just what you mean. I remember waiting 3 hours to ride The Bat and my head was really burnt to a crisp! I was thankfull that I did get a chance to ride it before it was dismantled. But now due to a having a cervical fusion performed on my neck, I can no longer ride and enjoy the thrill of the coasters. I tried to ride the FOF and decided my health was to precious to risk.

Mike

I don't think they will do that. It just opened and it would make a lot of people to close it down to change it.

But I waited 3 hours. I didn't get burned since it was overcast [Monday]. But it was very hot. They had to stop for about half an hour, but we couldn't tell why, in the middle of the twisty line thing. Not too sure what thats called. :unsure: