Rate Your First Impression of Firehawk!

BoddaH1994

It should be a household name for KI fans for many years to come.

I wasn't sure if I was going to get to ride or not today. After hearing of the troubles the ride has had over the past few days, I knew it wasn't going to open right at 10. I made it up around 11, being told by a friend that they were shooting for a noon opening. I had to be to work at 1PM. They started cycling trains but that was about it. I had to bail. I ended up going back to the park after work and getting in line around 930, I got my ride just after 11.

The ride fits in perfectly where they placed it. The new paint job looks great. Overall, I like the layout of the station, I just hope they control the number of people that are let into each side. Its a relatively small waiting area once inside the station with the rows not being clearly marked as I recall. The queue itself was large....surely a sign that we are a Cedar Fair park now :-)

As for the experience, it was great! To me, it is running FAR smoother than it did at Geauga. I hope this continues. The annoying rattling and vibrations of X-Flight are going. Its a great night ride, with a great view of Vortex and Beast.

Ride crews were doing the best they could. I believe I counted 5 people at least checking restraints. If they have this many on both sides of the station and can get the kinks worked out with the seats, I think capacity should become less of an issue and the ride could work out quite well.

Great addition to KI. Crowds seemed to be going NUTS over the ride.....as they should.

- Todd

As for the experience, it was great! To me, it is running FAR smoother than it did at Geauga. I hope this continues. The annoying rattling and vibrations of X-Flight are going.

- Todd

I rode X-Flight in it's first year at SFWOA and found it to be a great, smooth, fun ride. I rode it two seasons later and was amazed at how much it had gone down hill...not smooth at all and rattled a lot.

Hopefully good maintenance at KI will prevent the same thing from occurring with Firehawk...

As for the experience, it was great! To me, it is running FAR smoother than it did at Geauga. I hope this continues. The annoying rattling and vibrations of X-Flight are going.

- Todd

I rode X-Flight in it's first year at SFWOA and found it to be a great, smooth, fun ride. I rode it two seasons later and was amazed at how much it had gone down hill...not smooth at all and rattled a lot.

Hopefully good maintenance at KI will prevent the same thing from occurring with Firehawk...

That would be tragic if CF doesn't do its best to keep this ride in top shape. I feel that it's already one of KIs best rides.

Rode yesterday after I got up to the park around 5 and met up with some friends, waited about 3 hours and it was well worth it. Definently a great addition to KI and still my favorite rollercoaster of any park. The ride runs a lot smoother than it did last year up North, and the station/ride area look great. The photo booth was very nice too. My only complaints were how loud the lift hill still is and the lack of shading in the queue area. Lot's of KI ride ops working who were all very friendly to the guests, saw Greg Scheid up there talking to guests and helping to keep the ride clean. Great addition to KI!

Although I do agree that they did a WONDERFUL job with the area, I do agree that it leaves a lot to be desired with shade. Those little canopies are completely worthless. They didn't even really block the rain when it hit. Seems as though a big shaded area would be really nice for a ride which doesn't move people as much as some others.

Other than that, the ride is amazing, the area is beautiful, and the crew seems very alive. Keep up the good work KI!

Firehawk is an awesome addition to the park, and definitely NOT overrated, as I have said before. Definitely one of my favorite rides in the park. Also, this is coming from someone who did not have the anticipation of waiting in a long line to ride this ride, which I think can change one's perspective of the ride. What I think I'm trying to say is, the ride is not over-hyped. (I was extremely lucky and only waited 15 minutes to ride Firehawk on Friday!)

• 5 years later...

Wow, a 5 year post bump to add "likes"! Were there even like buttons back then? OK, so I'll try to post a date appropriate response:

Man, I'm glad CF bought KI. If they ever decide to add a respectable B&M coaster, I swear my wife and I will pack up our stuff, and move to Cincinnati!

(I'm not worried, CF will never pay the big bucks for a B&M so close to CP) :o

• Like 4

(Back on topic:) I LOVE :wub: Firehawk. My first ride experience was awesome.... BUT! I olny gave it 4 stars. Why? Well, I wish it was mabey a little taller, and definenitly longer. Plus, it seems so BLAND. It says Firehawk on the front sign.....but.... thats it. There is no music (that Im aware of) no special lighting, and nothing that says "Beware of Firehawk!" or "soar through the sky!". Nothing. No props, or anything. A little more thought into the theme would of been nice.