2008 attractions.

DropZone99

I'd choose to get nothing over Villain. I don't even want to be half-tempted to ride that thing again.

Reminds me of when we went to GL in 05...

Gordon Bombay... "Aww come one guys lets try it one more time! When are ever gonna come here again? Bill, I know your ribs hurt from the last rides, this time we wont sit on a wheel!"

"Oh, you HAVE to sit on a wheel.....darn".

I prefer the back seat on SOB with its old trains over Villain.

Believe it or not guys, pre-Cedar Fair and in its early years of life.....Villain was a hell of a ride! Great speed, nice laterals and some killer air time.....especially off "the drop" off the wanna be block brake. All it needed was some TLC. There truly was a great ride buried there. Unlike SOB which, smooth or not, will never be a great ride.

I did have one of those brutal Villain rides two years ago though and agree that it was horrible. I actually enjoyed Wolf Bobs more.

- Todd

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
^ Villian isn't a naturaly rough coaster, as said. SOB is, as said. What you didn't say is that where ever it goes, the will restore the old Villian. Maybe KI will, :rolleyes:

Please provide the definition of a "naturally" rough coaster. Such a thing does not exist naturally but depends on the engineering. Compare SOB to El Toro.

What would be really nice to see for 2008 is the addition of the Gotchs Games Foam Factory and/or the Larger than Life Play area, along with previously mentioned flat rides all from GL (ferris wheel and Time Wrap). This would give the kids, families and thrill ride fans something new for 2008, with limited cost. NU could use a kids play area to really round out it offerings.

NU is fine the way it is. X-Base needs a restroom, and a flat. Then a B&M invert back there for 2009!

Actually, most kids area in major parks now have play areas a well (which NU is missing). I think they could move the ones from GL and still add a flat ride or two without a lot of cost next year.

^I think thats a good idea. NU used to have one didnt it? Back when it was split between HBL/Nickelodeon Central? I really like the layout of CW's Nick Universe area, with the kids play and changing area/parents station in the center. Also, why does everyone want Time Warp? That thing is awful!

^I think thats a good idea. NU used to have one didnt it? Back when it was split between HBL/Nickelodeon Central? I really like the layout of CW's Nick Universe area, with the kids play and changing area/parents station in the center. Also, why does everyone want Time Warp? That thing is awful!

Yes, KI used to have a kids play area, but its was very small and quickly was outdated. I have never been on a ride like Time Warp, but a Ferris Wheel would really be a nice addition to Coney Mall. I really enjoyed Zodiak as a small kid.

Nick/HB did have one. I'm kind of glad they don't now, it's terrible trying to drag my daughter away from a playground, she never wants to leave them. If I'm going to spend money on a season pass, I would much rather have her on the rides or in BB than on something we can do at Sharon Woods. That's the reason we avoid Pooh's Playful Spot at Magic Kingdom. As she gets older she may change, but right now everytime she sees a playground she wants to play on it, no matter where it is.

And you don't even want to know about kids and the fluids that are released by them in ball pits like the one KI had in their old play area...

Nick/HB did have one. I'm kind of glad they don't now, it's terrible trying to drag my daughter away from a playground, she never wants to leave them. If I'm going to spend money on a season pass, I would much rather have her on the rides or in BB than on something we can do at Sharon Woods. That's the reason we avoid Pooh's Playful Spot at Magic Kingdom. As she gets older she may change, but right now everytime she sees a playground she wants to play on it, no matter where it is.

And you don't even want to know about kids and the fluids that are released by them in ball pits like the one KI had in their old play area...

I find the kids play areas a great place to let the kids run off some energy and relax a little. Most of the new play areas don't have ball pits. It just seems like those attractions from GL would add one of the only missing pieces to NU and its cheap to do. Plus, it would be fun to have some wet/dry slides on a hot summer day.

I was looking at the GL today website last night trying to figure out what flats KI might get.

The three I thought would be most practical were:

Americana - KI does not have a Ferris Wheel

El Dorado - KI has nothing like this and it would fit in where Flight Commander used to be. The car would fit in accross from the Happy Days Dinner.

Hay Baler - KI has nothing like this and needs a ride like this in my opinion.

The other flat rides from GL either KI has one or does not fit the park in my opinion. I thought a few of the others would have capacity issues, like tea party. The antique cars would be nice.