What is KI's scariest ride

matt-and-jackie

I agree about Drop Zone. That is the only ride at KI that really gets my blood pumping (out of fear). I think that it is the anticipation at the top that makes it so freaking and therefore thrilling. When I hear those motors shut off, I know its a matter of seconds before I'm back on the ground 200-some feet bellow. That's what I love about the ride.

Drop Zone by FAR! that ride is the only one that really scares the s%!t out of me. :o its just the feeling that once you are going up, the only way to get down is to just let it drop you. :( the first time(last year), i didnt know what i was getting myself into. but yesterday(the second time) i was literally having second thoughts. i ended up getting on though.

the scariest coaster would have to be FACE/OFF. but im also scared of that part on Flight of Fear when you are going really fast, then you stop and go around that curve reaaaalllly slow.

Drop Zone

Every time I get to the top, I freak out like nobody's business. I don't know why, I've ridden it plenty of times, but it's just something about it. Like I don't feel safe on it or something, which is crazy, but that's what runs through my mind every time. I can't even scream or yell, I just kind of grunt and who knows what else when it drops.

I think Drop Zone is the scariest the only part that scare me is when your on the purple & green all the rest aren't scary. Either is the drop.

Tomb Raider is also pretty scary because it holds you upside down for a while.

I vote for Drop Zone though.

In my opinion, Face/Off is one of the scarrier rides. It's just the lift when you're facing the ground. It goes up so slow and you just sit an hope that you're restraint doesn't fly up and you fall that hundred some feet to the ground.

However, I disagree with Drop Zone. That's one of my favorites and I actually wasn't even scared the first time I rode it. I actually had to force my dad on it, who was pumped to ride....until we were about 1 or 2 groups back Where you can kinda start to really see the height and feel the wind. I try to ride Drop Zone at least twice a trip and that's two times a year.

As for Firehawk, the only parts of the ride that really freak me out are the initial roll, and the loop. It's kinda freaky when you go from staring at the sky to suddenly staring at the ground hundreds of feet in the air. The loop just scares me because when you go ino the loop if you're in the back or front It's kinda wierd looking at the opposite end of the train. Plus it's not exactly that easy to tell where you are in the loop because you can only see the opposite side of the track.

I'm not really scared of any rides at Kings Island. It's the anticipation that gets to me. In other words- i get scared in line, but I'm fine on the ride. Although I agree that drop zone is pretty scary/thrilling (or has too much anticipation involved, whichever sounds right for me) I would really have to say tomb raider is the scaryiest (or most anticipatie) because everyone knows what it does, and (the holding upsidedown, the constant flipping... the beeing one foot from plastic stalagtites...) and it really makes me nervous.

My vote goes to tomb raider

I was having this convo at the park today and heres what I think Tomb Raider WAS the most intimdating ride when it had all the theme stuff ogoing with it. Now that Cedar Fair has let it go to crap it just not as scary. I personally would say The Eiffel Tower scares me the most. At least on Drop Zone you have cables, seatbelts and some other safety stuff up there, but that Eiffel Tower once you get out that elevator it just you and the metal holding you up there. Also if you look through the crack getting out of the elevator you can see all the way down and that is freaky. But I normally cant spend too much time up there except today i was up there for 10 mins waiting for them to test the SOB

• 4 weeks later...

Drop Zone scares me the most out of the ones I've ridden before. I've rode 20+ times, and it still scares me.

I'm a bit freaked about getting on Firehawk, though. Having never been on a flying coaster, I'm scared. But, I know I'm gonna have to ride it; my friend and cousin are gonna force me. XD