Wings Buffet?

ArrowOwnzU

Hey guys, I was wondering what everyone thought of this new buffet place. Whenever we go to the park we always pack lunch in the car but it's a hassle to walk all the way to the parking lot for food. My friend was telling me about the new buffet they had and I thought it sounded like a good deal. I've always thought the food at KI was of low quality and not the most healthy but my buddy told me the food at the buffet is 10 times better than last year. I want to try it the next time I visit the park but I first want to know what the experts think. Has anyone gone THIS year? What were your experiences? Would you recommend it? Thanks!

I've always thought the food at KI was of low quality

I always thought the food at KI was good... Maybe a bit pricey, but good nonetheless..

For anyone who has been there, is the buffet any good? I have never eaten there before..

IMHO; it’s OK but for $15.00 it really should be more. I would say it is a step down from a Golden Coral buffet.

I think after hearing the comments from other KI guest this past weekend about the high food prices, I think that you will start to see a lot more tailgaters in the parking lot. Just a matter of time.

I'd be willing to bet food prices are adjusted downward as the season goes on. The question isn't whether ANYONE is buying the food, the question is is the park maximizing its profit potential on food. Are they charging the most practical to still make the most money, taking into account all kinds of factors, from margins to impacts on future admissions?

I ate at Wings Diner in April it's below Golden Corall quality. The prices are higher also and not alot of variety. They charged $14.99 for hamburgers, chicken, pasta, and other items, salads, and a few desserts but no ice cream. I would suggest the buffet off of 71 North at exit 69 on Fri/Sat they have Steak/Seafood for $10.99 and a very good selection of other items.

I ate at Wings Diner in April it's below Golden Corall quality. The prices are higher also and not alot of variety. They charged $14.99 for hamburgers, chicken, pasta, and other items, salads, and a few desserts but no ice cream. I would suggest the buffet off of 71 North at exit 69 on Fri/Sat they have Steak/Seafood for $10.99 and a very good selection of other items.

They charged $14.99 and No Ice Cream????

Well I just can't believe that.

Someone get corporate on the line.

This must be reported and taken care of!!!!

Why is everyone bashing Golden Corral...I freaking love that place. :P

I would have to agree with ya there.

They have an awesome breakfast as well. If you time it right ya can get there right when they do the change over from Breakfast to Lunch.

The Best of Both Worlds.

Why is everyone bashing Golden Corral...I freaking love that place. :P

Um – I never bashed Golden Corral. I just said that KI Wings Buffet was a step down from them. I guess if you think KI Wings Buffet is so bad and that Golden Corral is only a step up from Wings, then I can see where you may have thought I was bashing Golden Corral.

I do like both places but Golden Corral a lot more, because of the great variety of selections and oh yes much cheaper.

I understand that the food prices are ridiculous, I expect that from a theme park and that's why we always pack food. But has anyone eaten there and is it a good deal comparing it to Kings Island standards? Thanks.

Yes; I have eaten there. When I ate there (I tend to eat at non busy times) the food was just ok and dried out a bit, my Hamburger bun crumbled apart from being too dried out. If you read the menu description it is what it is nothing special.

I usually like to watch what I eat, so a day at an amusement park is usually a great way for me to get through the day without eating much. I live 90 minutes from KI and once I went the entire day on a bowl of oatmeal that I ate at home. I never felt like waiting in the lines, so by about 7 pm I finally bought a sandwich from the place in BB....lol.

I'm not bashing or putting down GC or Wings Buffet. I liked them both but I feel that Wings could offer more for the price. CP has a buffet and it has carved meats on it and real plates and silverware. Wings you eat off of paper plates and they use plastic silver ware.

Ha. I've been to Midway Market.

A mistake I will NOT make again. I'd seriously rather eat from the Dumpster behind Skyline at Kings Island than eat at Midway Market at Cedar Point.

For my money, at least, there are better choices. Johnny Rocket's comes immediately to mind, as does the delicious pizza at the Chuckwagon (NOT at Patio Pizza up front....)

I am a vegetarian and I find it very frustrating eating at PKI or Cedar Point. All I can eat is Pizza or fries or cheese sticks. But I am pretty used to it, i guess it is the price you pay.

I used to love Skyline though.

I am a vegetarian and I find it very frustrating eating at PKI or Cedar Point. All I can eat is Pizza or fries or cheese sticks. But I am pretty used to it, i guess it is the price you pay.

I used to love Skyline though.

what do you mean you used to love skyline??? skyline is meat and you're a vegetarian???and i'd imagine it'd be hard to find something to eat if your a vegetarian at any amustement park...although they do have funnel cakes...and panda express now so i'd imagine they have some rice and pastas there now for a better non-meat selection

They probably meant they used to like Skyline before they became a vegetarian.

May I ask why you chose to be a vegetarian? I always found that interesting. It's rare that you find someone who's a vegetarian because they're against the "killing of innocent animals". My sister is a vegetarian because she got sick at school when she was in high school after eating, which turned her off to beef, then she was served an undercooked chicken sandwich at Steak 'n Shake which turned her off to the rest of meats. She did however revert back to fish recently. My mom's a vegetarian too, but it's because she had breast cancer about 12 years ago and the Chemotherapy made most meat taste like metal to her, and ever since then she's eaten VERY little meat.

Interpreter knows the secret at CP!

Chuck Wagon, is by far, the best place to eat at CP. It's tucked away at the very back of the park and if you time it right, you can eat in a virtually empty place that's nice and quiet and clean. Try to be there before noon or after dinner hour.

I too have suffered through a meal or two at CP's Midway Market. "Yuck" doesn't describe the half of it. However, I can sum up my personal negativity toward most buffets with one word.

"Aaaachooo!"

Well, I suppose that's a word... ;-)

Chuck Wagon has a new menu, its now all Pizza. :(

Wow. That really bums me out.

I guess CP decided that since Chick-fil-a took over the Frontier Inn, which was pizza; they changed the menu of Chuck Wagon to pizza.

Ya, because CP needed ANOTHER pizza vendor.

Just another reason why we bring a cooler.

They probably meant they used to like Skyline before they became a vegetarian.

May I ask why you chose to be a vegetarian? I always found that interesting. It's rare that you find someone who's a vegetarian because they're against the "killing of innocent animals". My sister is a vegetarian because she got sick at school when she was in high school after eating, which turned her off to beef, then she was served an undercooked chicken sandwich at Steak 'n Shake which turned her off to the rest of meats. She did however revert back to fish recently. My mom's a vegetarian too, but it's because she had breast cancer about 12 years ago and the Chemotherapy made most meat taste like metal to her, and ever since then she's eaten VERY little meat.

I did mean before I became a vegetarian. I actually am against the killing of innocent animals, which is why I am a vegetarian. I am glad about Panda Express, which will make it alot easier.