Firehawk is intense!

corn4ahead

That is so true, I got my first ride this morning. And on the on-ride photo, my face and neck was beat red. This is one Intense Bird of prey!!

I don't even want to imagine what my face is going to look like on my ORP.. Lol. It'll be hilarious nonetheless..

Yes, I noticed that it was the yellow train. Were they running both trains yet? That will really help with capacity if they can get both trains running. I might run up to the park tomorrow afternoon, as I just finished up my DAAPWorks model!!

No, they were running just the yellow train on the left station tonight. The red train is now parked in the right side.

I waited just over an hour, and rode in the back row tonight.

And yes, I can vouch for the intensity. I'm on the far left... does that say "Intense," or what? I rode tonight, and had the same "intense" face!

scan0f008um3.jpg

And yes, Robbie, I can understand the hard work that went into a DAAPworks project, but I just did a poster for the BUP for '05... you BS Arch guys have a whole model!!! Best of luck.

That's what I thought at first on Friday, but they even opened the backwards racer (and just about every other coney mall ride for that matter) as the day went on, but not Firehawk's second station or even second train. If it really is a staffing issue, then someone needs to fix their priorities. (IMO)

Not necessarily do they need to fix their priorities. There are still many schools in session, so some staff are not able to work at the park full time yet. I think that they'll start running both sides as more schools and universities go on summer vacation. But right now I would venture to guess that they are a little understaffed at this point.

Most intense part as far as G's: Loop and helix.

'Intesne Part': Initial lie to fly

As far as BORG Assimilator to Firehawk......Corkscrews >>>>> Barrel Rolls. They didn't do much for me...

Firehawk = Best coaster at Kings Island? To me, no. It sure as hell is a really fun coaster, but I think Flight of Fear or Vortex still might be better. I'll have to give it a few more rides.

1. Flight of Fear/Vortex

2. Firehawk

3. Top Gun ;)

4. Beast

5. Racer

Firehawk was running both trains on 6/11/07 (Monday, 9 minutes ago).

I waited approximately 1 hour to ride. I'd never been on a flying coaster before, but the ride was okay. I didn't find it to be very comfortable (restraints). It wasn't all that intense, which is okay, and I didn't find it to be rough. The inline twists were rather uncomfortable, though. But in all, it wasn't a bad ride.

The lift is incredibly loud. You're laying on your back with your head and ears right by the anti-rollback devices and they're extremely loud--that was not good. I actually wanted to put my hands over my ears. It's so loud you can't even talk to the person next to you without screaming!

The station and theming, however, were nice! It's a big station and it has a nice vibe to it. The loading and unload times were rather slow. We were in the "yellow train" station and red was supposed to be dispatched before us. For whatever reason, though, the red train was still there by the time the yellow train arrived back in the station. We were loaded and restrained before the red train even left. I'm just glad they don't lower you until right before dispatch.

I know this isn't a trip report or anything, but I did find some of the employees to be obnoxious. When it comes to customer service and perception, it doesn't send a good vibe to the customers when they see ride ops that appear to have no desire to be there. But, for the most part, the ride ops were excellent; I just wish they would be more devoted to meeting interval and moving lines.

One more interesting event: On Top Gun we were "stuck" on the brake-run for a good 5-10 minutes. When we arrived at the station, we were told the floor was slippery. I'm assuming someone spewed their lunch in the station. I guess Top Gun makes me even a little dizzy and I don't really get motion sickness, but I don't think I'd ever imagined anyone having such a reaction after riding Top Gun. Perhaps it was just the "straw that broke the camel's back" for that person. Haha.

I went to the park for a couple of hours last night (6/11) (8-10 PM) The red train was parked on the storage track, so they were only running the red train through the left station. I chose not to ride, since the one-train operation made the line a bit longer than I really desired.

Oddly enough, Adventure Express was running all three trains, and they let me re-ride once without going back around. Vortex also allowed re-rides, but once was fine for me. I ended with The Beast tonight, just before they shut down temporarily because of the fireworks.