Firehawk jitters

matt-and-jackie

I am going to KI this Monday the 4th and we plan on riding Firehawk. I love coasters but, this will my first flying coaster. I have read on this forum that some feel they are going to fall out of the restraints, and that makes me nervous too. I really want to ride FH but I'm afraid my jitters will keep my from a great ride. Someone please give me some pointers or tell me about their experience. Was anyone afraid at first? Thanks a bunch, and wish me luck. :unsure:

Guest faceoff

I have rode Firehawk at geauga lake(X-flight). The restraints hold you in very securely. I did not move

in the seat during the entire ride. Just relax and enjoy. You will love the ride. I can't wait to ride

again.

Tom

I would recommend bringing shoes that won't fall off or finding some way to secure any loose fitting sandals to your feet. You must have shoes on to ride and when I first rode it as X-Flight I almost lost my flip-flops. When I rode it as Firehawk I brought rubber bands to keep my shoes on.

Yeah what time did you ride? I got in line at around 4:15ish, and got on the ride at about 5 till 6. On our train, they laid us back and tried to dispatch the train and it wouldn't go. They had to pull us back up, and the restraints unlocked, and tried again, and we went that time. I was like oh no, don't tell me I'm finally on the ride, now it's going to break down. LOL

I'm a bigger guy too, and I had no fear of falling out. The restraints do flex a little but you are safe.

Yeah, I know that I'd be safe... when I'm not staring at the ride.. Lol, then when I look at it, it's like. I'm gonna fall out of that thing!

Being almost 6 years since I've rode X-Flight, I totally forgot what to expect though. Even though I've rode the exact same ride before, Firehawk was still a great experience. But I'm not sure if I will wait in the line again with only one train operation, unless I go with someone who hasn't rode it yet.

I just rode it the other day twice. I'm 6'6" tall and very skinny, and it was fine. As for the loose sandals, I didn't have any problem with mine. I have basic Adidas slip-ons, and I had no problem holding them on the foot platform. There are a lot of G's in the helix at the end of the ride, and it really pulls you outward, but I never felt unsafe. Great ride.

Yeah what time did you ride? I got in line at around 4:15ish, and got on the ride at about 5 till 6. On our train, they laid us back and tried to dispatch the train and it wouldn't go. They had to pull us back up, and the restraints unlocked, and tried again, and we went that time. I was like oh no, don't tell me I'm finally on the ride, now it's going to break down. LOL

I got in line at about 4:30, and was buying my onride photo right at 6:30.

Although I haven't ridden Firehawk at KI, I did ride X-flight at Geauga Lake. I am 5'10, average weight, and felt very secure. Of course, you do slide around a little which adds to the thrill. To me, the most thrilling part of the ride was when you turned over to face the ground. Feeling my entire weight pressed against the restraint scared me to death. In a good way.

Have fun!

I went to the park yesturday and we ran back to get on Firehawk first. I loved it then we went and got on FOF and only waited like 3 mins. The Racers was only running the forward train and some of the shops and other rides were closed untill about 3 o'clock. I was going to ride Firehawk agian but when o went to see how long the wait was the girl told me about 3 hours. So instead we went and rode The Beast, it was walk on and i was suprised because that line is normaly longer the later the nite gets. I cant wait to go back.

I went to the park yesturday and we ran back to get on Firehawk first. I loved it then we went and got on FOF and only waited like 3 mins.

How long did you have to wait until Firehawk opened? I'm assuming that you got there when the park opened, right?

Although I haven't ridden Firehawk at KI, I did ride X-flight at Geauga Lake. I am 5'10, average weight, and felt very secure. Of course, you do slide around a little which adds to the thrill. To me, the most thrilling part of the ride was when you turned over to face the ground. Feeling my entire weight pressed against the restraint scared me to death. In a good way.

Have fun!

So VERY true. I am now almost of normal weight, and I too slide around in the Vekoma Flyers. When I was more gargantuan, I was wedged in and couldn't have moved or slid if I wanted to.

Back in the olden days, I was wedged in T2 at Kentucky Kingdom. I loved that thing and couldn't understand why others complained about it. Now I get the same forwards and backwards painful shuffle in the restraints almost everyone else does. OW! OW! OW!

Just how big are some of you guys that are saying you're big? I'm 5'10", 330lbs. I can ride most stuff at the park but could ride everything when I was down to 300. Gotta get back on the diet so I can ride Delerium again. Tried riding it the other day and I could have rode it but I wouldn't have been able to breathe!!

I'd love to ride Firehawk but I'm not too thrilled about putting all my weight on the restraint. Think it would be ok?