Is the Train still at KI

matt-and-jackie

The purpose of the train today is to ferry people to and from the waterpark/regular park not to serve as a show or entertainment section. As long as it is the main transporation to the waterpark the western shows wont be coming back. Actually it wasn't Paramount that made it waterpark transportation and stopped the shows, it was Linder and Co.

That is not entirely accurate. In October, the train is used for entertainment purposes. Both the Pumpkin Patch Express and Headless Hollow utilize the train. But again, the train is primarily serving as a transportation device.

Even with just one of the trains running, each train has six coaches. Each coach can hold 80 people, which totals 480 people per stop. So the train is one of the higher capacity rides in the park, even if they are only running one train. In October, the park will typically run both trains, although they generally will only run three coaches per train.

^My fault for leaving out the pumpkin patch express and Fearfest attractions, I meant that during the regular season when the waterpark is operating, it primarily serves as a transportation device. Speaking of which, currently during the week the train is only running 3 coaches along with the engine, then switching to six coaches on weekends. I wonder if this will change once more schools are out an dsummer is in full swing.

I think it is debateable whether the train is used more for transportation to Boomerang Bay or as just a ride. A lot of little kids like trains...on our last trip to the park we rode the train about 8 times because of my Nephew...we did not go to Boomerang Bay. Also, I can remember SEVERAL times in the past years when we were either going to or leaving Boomerang Bay that we would just opt to walk instead of waiting for the train to save time.

Maybe the park should do a survey.

And the purpose of the survey would be what?

To determine how many people think of the train as a ride and how many people just think of it as transportation to Boomerang Bay. MAYBE (and it's a big maybe) that if they see that more people ride it just for the enjoyment they might add some scenery elements.

They would not have to spend a lot...one of our kids favorite things is looking for the bear...how much can things like that cost?!

I agree, some added or upkept scenery would be nice to see, it wouldnt have to be a show year round, particuarly when the waterpark is in operation and many people want to relax coming to and fro, but I do enjoy riding the train very much and think the scenery should be kept a little nicer or just add a few more things in.

And the purpose of the survey would be what?

To determine how many people think of the train as a ride and how many people just think of it as transportation to Boomerang Bay. MAYBE (and it's a big maybe) that if they see that more people ride it just for the enjoyment they might add some scenery elements.

They would not have to spend a lot...one of our kids favorite things is looking for the bear...how much can things like that cost?!

Maybe they do not want people to ride it as a ride. They clearly primarily run it as a means of transportation, so they may not want people crowding it who aren't going to CDBB.

Maybe they do not want people to ride it as a ride. They clearly primarily run it as a means of transportation, so they may not want people crowding it who aren't going to CDBB.

Its really never that crowded. I don't think I've ever seen people left behind in the station because there was no room for them.

Its really never that crowded. I don't think I've ever seen people left behind in the station because there was no room for them.

I agree, and that's probably exactly what they want... rather than having more and more guests ride it for the ride experience itself.