Son Of Beast still worth riding?

matt-and-jackie

SOB was a good coaster when I rode it a few years ago, and not just because of the loop. It was overall a fun woody. I was just wondering how everyone else feels about it now that the loop is gone. The world's ONLY looping woody in the world, has lost it's loop. Will you still stand in line to ride it when and if it reopens?

I'm hoping the new cars will leave more space for my legs and cause less pain. I'm definitely willing to give SOB another chance. One thing I think they could do to improve the ride experience since the loop is gone would be to add some tunnels like The Beast has.

I don't find much wrong with Mean Streak except the parts right after the lift hill and before the final brake run.

Haha nice. I agree though, just doesn't do anything for me, seems like a waste of money along with The Villian. The Beast is def my fav woodie and after that a lot of the older ones I think have a better ride due to airtime (Big Dipper at GL and Blue Streak at CP).

How can you say they should tear it down. It is one of the record breaking wooden coasters in the world. KI needs to have a few wooden coasters for variety. This is one of the reasons I visit KI because of the good wooden coasters. I think KI needs to add a few coasters to be full scale theme park but I think Paramount would have added them for competiton. Now that CF owns them I think we will see less coaster installations in the USA.

But, in the years that Paramount and its related companies owned Kings Island, the ONLY wooden coaster added was Son of Beast...and Scooby's Ghoster Coaster was removed. In the very first full year for Kings Island, they have added Firehawk, which I am sure would NOT have happened under CBS/Paramount/Viacom. Why do you say this?

I wasn't able to ride SOB before because my friend couldn't fit into the seats comfortably so hopefully I'll be able to ride it when it reopens but I have no strong feeling about riding it like Firehawk.

Hanging down from the restaints, facing the ground, The Interpreter said, "I certainly would not want to ride Son of Beast like Firehawk!"

The Interpreter, who will be somewhere all week

I wasn't able to ride SOB before because my friend couldn't fit into the seats comfortably so hopefully I'll be able to ride it when it reopens but I have no strong feeling about riding it like Firehawk.

Hanging down from the restaints, facing the ground, The Interpreter said, "I certainly would not want to ride Son of Beast like Firehawk!"

The Interpreter, who will be somewhere all week

Haha, very nice :lol: . Of course I meant "as much as."

Okay, you made me do it again....I certainly would not want to ride Son of Beast as much as Firehawk, either! :)

One ride per visit on Sonny has in the past been more than enough....

And yes, someone here could remind me of the day I rode it 37 times.

Chalk it up to youthful exuberance!

Excuse me, did you just say (technically type) 37?

I vote tear the darn thing down, sell off the wood to fans, and build a steel, hyper-coaster in SOB's place.

I agree but instead of a hyper coaster build another woodie. Ok as far as I can figure based on everything Ive read KI got at least what they spent on SOB in their settlement so tear it down and build another woodie but this time a good one, use a good company to build it, and have a lot of air time (you can still build it to be the tallest and fastest but make it fun, and use millenium flyers).

To date, Kings Island has not collected a single cent of judgments from Son of Beast. In fact, they have sued the insurance company that bonded the ride.

So, spend what?

Spend the $125 from my Maxx Pass and $35 from my season parking pass.

The Son of Beast is still worth riding even though the loop is gone. Cedar Fair doesn't like wooden coasters in general. Cedar Point only has 2 wooden coasters and they aren't as good as KI woodies. I want Son of Beast to reopen soon. KI isn't the same without it.

I'm just saying that Cedar Fair probably won't add attractions every year like they did in the past because they have more parks now. They consider Cedar Point the flagship park and probably will put attractions in this park before the other parks. I think that the idea to remove X-Flight was planned out last season and people wanted the coaster to stay in Ohio so they moved it to KI. I'm sorry I don't like changes. I liked the parks better when they were Paramount.

Cedar Fair doesn't like wooden coasters in general.

That is an intresting comment.

Especially since CF just bought a bunch of parks that have wooden coasters.

For a company that hates someting, they certainly know how to avoid what they hate.

<_<

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with CF. Especially with the comment that you don't like changes, yet you liked the park better under Paramount's ownership. Remove 'tiques & flyers to build IJ? That is a HUGE change. KCKC for TR? They could have put TR anywhere.

CF has owned the park less than a year. Added a coaster. Actively trying to fix another. Exactly what have they done wrong?