Demon Drop for 2008?

padfoot714

This isn't really a rumor but I wasn't sure where to place this so here it is. I've heard in years past that Cedar Point was trying to sell Demon Drop. So I was wondering two things:

#1. Is CP still trying to get rid of Demon Drop?

#2. If so, is there a chance they may just relocate it to one of their own parks?

The reason I ask is because I think it would make a great addition to Coney Mall at KI.

We already have Drop Zone (which is bigger and faster), and Plankton's Plunge. Do we Really need another one? I say give it to a park that doesn't have one (Geauga Lake! Oh, Wait,).

This isn't really a rumor but I wasn't sure where to place this so here it is. I've heard in years past that Cedar Point was trying to sell Demon Drop. So I was wondering two things:

#1. Is CP still trying to get rid of Demon Drop?

#2. If so, is there a chance they may just relocate it to one of their own parks?

The reason I ask is because I think it would make a great addition to Coney Mall at KI.

We already have Drop Zone (which is bigger and faster), and Plankton's Plunge. Do we Really need another one? I say give it to a park that doesn't have one (Geauga Lake! Oh, Wait,).

i'm guessing that didn't turn out as funny as you thought it was going to and demon drop is different than plankton's plunge and drop zone because last time i checked you didn't pull out of the drop and end up on your back on drop zone or plankton's plunge

plus Cedar Point has power tower demon drop and a plankton's plunge(but it is themed with frogs) and when you think about it that is like having six different drop rides where Kings Island would only have three different drop rides

but the people that own the park that would buy it would be smart enough to know that the rides are two completly different rides

Of course the people purchasing are smart enough to know the difference between the two rides.

But it is the people that spend money to ride that count the most.

If they don't know the difference, and are afraid to ride it, what is the point of buying it?

but the people that own the park that would buy it would be smart enough to know that the rides are two completly different rides

Of course the people purchasing are smart enough to know the difference between the two rides.

If they don't know the difference, and are afraid to ride it, what is the point of buying it?

yeah and there really arn't that many people scared they are going to loose there feet i mean look at drop zone, that sure didn't slow people down from riding that and take Son of Beast people got hurt on that and people are still riding that so it also depends on who all comes to your park like thrill seekers usually don't care about the rides accident history and other people hear that a carnivil swing broke and then won't ride any swing any where

We don't need any more used rides, especially if they are VERY similar to a ride we already have.

i never said anything about needing it i just was saying how many different drop rides Cedar Point has compared to Kings Island and that if it wasn't moved to Kings Island it wouldn't be because of it already having two other drop rides

We don't need any more used rides, especially if they are VERY similar to a ride we already have.

Given Cedar Fair's (and the chain theme parks in general) financial position, the choice may be between used attractions and none at all, or very small ones. Management knows the general public doesn't give a whit whether a ride is used or new. They care only if it is good. Why should you care what a ride's history is, as long as it is safe, reliable and fun?

I don't care about good used rides, that are something new and fun, but why get a used ride that is similar to a ride we already have? And, DD is much smaller than DZ and, who knows since Cedar Point might be getting rid of DD maybe Drop Zone will get renamed DD, I doubt it but you never know. Cedar Fair can't be that bad in debt, I mean look at what they're installing at Canada's Wonderland! I think they could use a little more money to buy a decent new Flat Ride.

Demon Drop, Hate it, but I still have a place for it in my heart, I had to ride it a lot, about 2 or three times at a time, and I still never liked it... its tall and shaky, it scares the crap out of me.

This ride is sitting on some VALUABLE real estate. and though it may seem a good idea to relocate it to another park, just for nostalgia, it is just not feasible. Demon Drop might be dropping for the last time this October, or so I have heard. who knows though, we might be seeing lucky number 25. we thought 23 was enough... it just has so many mechanical problems.

does anyone really understand how complex that ride is!?

Intamin, Overcomplexity at its best.

yeah and there really arn't that many people scared they are going to loose there feet i mean look at drop zone, that sure didn't slow people down from riding that and take Son of Beast people got hurt on that and people are still riding that so it also depends on who all comes to your park like thrill seekers usually don't care about the rides accident history and other people hear that a carnivil swing broke and then won't ride any swing any where

If you're wondering how sadistic the world is, rides that injure/kill/hurt people very commonly have higher ridership afterwards.

Just a thought, but what about adding GL's Americana(ferris wheel) to KI's skyline?

I would mind seeing Demon Drop at a place where people would actually ride it. I can still remember those commercials when it was brand new.....

As a very wise person interpreted earlier, Demon Drop and other first gen Intamin drops are harder and hard to maintain, not to mention the increasing costs. Why add a ride that is dificult to maintain and also costly and has a low rider per hour? Just not good business

As a very wise person interpreted earlier, Demon Drop and other first gen Intamin drops are harder and hard to maintain, not to mention the increasing costs. Why add a ride that is dificult to maintain and also costly and has a low rider per hour? Just not good business

and goes down for weather after three drops of rain...

oh wait...

ehh... "DISPATCH 1"

yes yes yes...

"DISPATCH 2"

oh come on one more!

"DISPATCH 3"

3... YES!!

RIDE PARK

Riders waiting for demon drop, at this time, demon drop is closed due to WEATHER! we do not know how long this delay will last... blah blah blah... EVACUATE RIDE!!!