Starlight Admission ... Why?

spunXtain

On Wednesday the 30th I took my first trip to Cedar Point! It was a blast, but that's another story. I've been to King's Island about 6 times in the past 3 years, and we love it each time.

After our trip to Cedar Point, we were heading home (to south Kentucky) on Thursday and decided to swing by King's Island to try out Firehawk and to get a couple after-dark rides on The Beast. It would be exactly 5 pm when we got to the park, by our estimates, so we were more than happy to have only 5 good hours at the park after our exhausting day at Cedar Point the day before.

We had Cedar Point's program with us, and noticed that starlight admission to Cedar Point was 25 dollars, and regular admission 41.95. I assumed that Cedar Fair jacked up the admission price to King's Island since they purchased it, knowing it was significantly less than Cedar Point's admission.

We paid for parking and walked to the gate, and I was SHOCKED and DISGUSTED to see the sign that said starlight admission was $34.95?????? Why?? That's more than all-day admission last year, and 10 dollars more than Cedar Point's starlight admission.

I would have been more than happy to pay 50 bucks for my girlfriend and I to have 5 hours of fun at KI, but I wasn't going to pay 70. We went to the guard station and got our parking refunded, and headed home.

I hope to find some discounted tickets to the park and enjoy a full day at King's Island , possibly sometime this month. I wish that the starlight admission would be a little more reasonable.

Last year at the gate it was $49.99, but if you told them that was also the same price for pay once visit twice ticket. Cedar Fair actually dropped the price of admission by $5 dollars this year. One day this year is $44.95, I believe a two day ticket is $49.95. The two days do not have to be in a row either.

KI can charge more for a Starlight pass than CP because people will pay it.

The same idea goes for the reason why CP can charge admission at Soak City- people will pay for it.

Really? Because there's no way I would pay that much for Starlight hours.

If you average 2 trips to KI, and at least one to CP, you might as well buy a max pass and play the odds that you'll probably end up at the parks more often. Besides the fact there are many other parks you could visit included with the price of a pass.

I know you could have bought pay once visit twice passes for KI in the past, and that would bring the price down some. But I'm just throwing this out, for something to consider next year.

I hope to find some discounted tickets to the park and enjoy a full day at King's Island , possibly sometime this month. I wish that the starlight admission would be a little more reasonable.

If you purchase them on Kings Islands website you can get standard admission tickets for $34.95 (have to purchase a minimum of 3 days before your visit). I would recommend the $49.95 two day ticket in which you can visit any two standard operating days this season.