Changes Coming to The Park?

I would be happy with a couple flat rides or a really good dark ride in X Base next year.

Both would be awesome, and don't take much time or money to plan, just like re-locating a coaster. It's cheaper and doesn't take 3 years to plan so they could build a couple flat rides or a dark ride next year, and re-locate dominator the year after that or maybe even 2010. Just a guess. Also does anyone know if it's a proven fact that KI was the top park in the Paramount chain Im assuming it was but I dont know for a fact.

I don't think you have any concept of how long ride additions take to plan. Suffice it to say one reason the Firehawk addition took as little time as it did is that the planning to install that ride took place many, many years ago...but the ride ended up somewhere else in Ohio...a long story that has been told here before.

As for top park, what do you mean by that? Attendance? Nope. Revenue? Nope. Quality? That's a matter of opinion.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a very big fan of MrPKI's proposal of...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5295/ki...ideideasqi2.jpg

esp. the Dive Coaster around the lake in Rivertown. It could dive right in front of the edge of the water or even dive right in the middle. And also make sure to remove as few trees as possible and keep it kinda hidden. That would be pretty awesome.

In that area labeled "5," it looks big enough for an S&S Screaming Swing. I think that would be a good ride for KI, they're a lot of fun and can easily be put in in the next few years. This is, of course, all speculation. :lol:

Id really like to see some different rides that aren't as common. If I wanna ride this ride Ill go to CP. I think CF should copy the flat ride areas from Canada's Wonderland, they have some really good flat rides there.

about 5-6 flat rides over the next 7-10 years would be great:

or non coaster rides: for the island side of things

2 years of coasters

and 1-2 of water park expansion:

Also durring the 7-10 years add on re-theming and painting of the current coasters and this sounds like a really good plan if you ask me. However if I am reading the plan correctly I don't think they will quite wait 12 years to add something to the water park I could see this happening in those 7-10 years as well. But I do think it will be awhile before we get a custom CF coaster creation.

As for top park, what do you mean by that? Attendance? Nope. Revenue? Nope. Quality? That's a matter of opinion.

According to that it makes me think not. I do know one year KI was the most visited Seasonal Theme Park. I also know that Canada's Wonderland was the top park as far as attendance goes as well. I always though that KI was the Flag Ship Paramount Park.

I'm almost positive KI was considered the flagship Paramount park. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Canada's Wonderland had the highest attendance and revenue of the Paramount parks was that it was so close to Toronto, which is a much bigger city than Cincinnati or Dayton. It had a higher local population.

I'm almost positive KI was considered the flagship Paramount park. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Canada's Wonderland had the highest attendance and revenue of the Paramount parks was that it was so close to Toronto, which is a much bigger city than Cincinnati or Dayton. It had a higher local population.

I really want to go there! But you need a passport now, how much does that suck?

Actually, the passport requirement has been temporarily waived. For how long no one knows.

Wonderland only became the most visited Paramount Park in recent years, after the installation of some glorious flat rides. Before that, Kings Island had reportedly higher attendance. Cedar Point and Kings Island had seesawing rankings with one year one park getting more attendance, another the opposite.

Jeff Seibert always said that Kings Island was the flagship park of the Paramount chain. It undoubtedly was under KECO. But during the same time that Seibert would say KI was the flagship, similar claims were made in Charlotte about Carowinds. It is to Charlotte that Paramount moved the corporate offices (which have now been closed). Note that it was Charlotte's park that got the B and M Top Gun. That's where the Flying Eagles went. That's who got the first Nick kids' area. The first Scooby dark ride. The most detailed Fear Fest. It's where Paramount Parks moved the Vekoma Flyer it moved. And it, along with Wonderland, was where a Flight of Fear was to be moved had CBS continued to own the parks. Kings Dominion's Flight of Fear had already been closed, and Kings Island's was, by all accounts, operating for its final year when Cedar Fair took over and reversed this incredibly inane decision.

And I doubt anyone would contest that Carowinds was kept in far more immaculate condition. It was where CBS and Viacom before it took corporate guests to see how Paramount Parks was operated.

Actually, the passport requirement has been temporarily waived. For how long no one knows.

The passport requirement was waived if you can prove that you have already applied for a passport and have not recieved it yet. There has been an issue getting passports due to everyone applying at once.

The only requirement for 2007 is for air & sea travel. In 2008 a passport will be required for all travel outside of the US.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

It really is not a bad idea to have a passport anymore. I would suggest getting one even if you are not planning on traveling abroad. You never know when you will need it. You can always get one quick, but the cost is more than double.

Somehow I figure at this point Cedar Fair might be more interested in seeing which parks are most and least profitable, and emulating actions at the former ones at the latter ones, in order to more quickly pay down the debt with which management seems so very focused.

Yeah seems to me like they have a much better plan than Six Flags did.

Actually, in many ways, they seem to have some of the same plans that Six Flags under Gary Story did...eliminate much of middle management, cut staffing, increase prices. Put in great rides, make sure everything is grand the first year at least....

Time will tell....

But Six Flags just kept spending and spending and buying more parks, and spending some more. Cedar Fair is NOT doing that, they bought 5 AMAZING parks that were already in awesome shape. I agree some of the financial decesions with management and pricing is the same as Six Flags but thats not what ruined Six Flags.

But see, it seems as if Cedar Fair has lost site of what they are doing and become solely focused on paying off their debt as quickly as possible. Cutting out the guest relations department, creating a season pass program that is riddled with complications to try and make more money, and most drastic of all, is the large increases in food and beverage prices across the board at all parks.

In other words, it seems as if Cedar Fair is trying to steal as much money as possible from the park guests with total disregard for their experience while at the park. They are more concerned with paying off their debt than they are ensuring that the guests have a fun and memorable experience, that will make them want to return to the park, and in turn spend more money at the park on future visits. Once you loose customers, it is hard, if not impossible (not to mention very expensive), to get them back again. While Cedar Fair may be trying to pay off their debt as quickly as possible, it is not beneficial to have paid off your debt, but made all your customers so mad that they won`t return to your parks to spend money anymore.

Yes, I have taken a rather negative point of view in what I said above. But to me, it seems as if they are focusing too much of their efforts on the debt, and not enough on customer service. Granted, I think the changes Cedar Fair has instituted at Kings Island this year have been remarkable. The elimination of most of the cheap chainlink fence in Action Zone (even replacing some of it with a nice wood fence around Congo Falls). And the change that seems to have been well received by park guests so far is the addition of Firehawk. Only time will tell if Cedar Fair`s strategy of higher food prices pays off for them in helping to pay off their debt. And personally I hope it does, as I am a unit holder in Cedar Fair.

Alright, I think I`ve written more than enough for this post!

But see, it seems as if Cedar Fair has lost site of what they are doing and become solely focused on paying off their debt as quickly as possible. Cutting out the guest relations department, creating a season pass program that is riddled with complications to try and make more money, and most drastic of all, is the large increases in food and beverage prices across the board at all parks.

In other words, it seems as if Cedar Fair is trying to steal as much money as possible from the park guests with total disregard for their experience while at the park. They are more concerned with paying off their debt than they are ensuring that the guests have a fun and memorable experience, that will make them want to return to the park, and in turn spend more money at the park on future visits. Once you loose customers, it is hard, if not impossible (not to mention very expensive), to get them back again. While Cedar Fair may be trying to pay off their debt as quickly as possible, it is not beneficial to have paid off your debt, but made all your customers so mad that they won`t return to your parks to spend money anymore.

Yes, I have taken a rather negative point of view in what I said above. But to me, it seems as if they are focusing too much of their efforts on the debt, and not enough on customer service. Granted, I think the changes Cedar Fair has instituted at Kings Island this year have been remarkable. The elimination of most of the cheap chainlink fence in Action Zone (even replacing some of it with a nice wood fence around Congo Falls). And the change that seems to have been well received by park guests so far is the addition of Firehawk. Only time will tell if Cedar Fair`s strategy of higher food prices pays off for them in helping to pay off their debt. And personally I hope it does, as I am a unit holder in Cedar Fair.

Alright, I think I`ve written more than enough for this post!

I don't know what Cedar Fair has done with Kings Island as far as food and drinks go, I have not eaten yet this year at KI, But I always thought Cedar Point had much better value for your dollar than KI, one of my biggest complaints, no my biggest complaint over the years about KI has been their food choices, ever since the international rest. has left they have been not very good and high priced. I can get a nice sit down hot prepared meal at cp for the price of a couple cold slices of pizza at KI. I'm hoping we will see changes in that department at KI.

Guest kwindshawne

The passport requirement was waived if you can prove that you have already applied for a passport and have not recieved it yet. There has been an issue getting passports due to everyone applying at once.

The only requirement for 2007 is for air & sea travel. In 2008 a passport will be required for all travel outside of the US.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

It really is not a bad idea to have a passport anymore. I would suggest getting one even if you are not planning on traveling abroad. You never know when you will need it. You can always get one quick, but the cost is more than double.

I had mine expedited and instead of about two weeks, it took four-even with the rush, that wasn't bad....

And that amount of time is temporary-I had to get one quick but the backlog should be about over

Yeah, I do remember being in Macaroni's last month and did get a soft drink and it was higher than I expected, but generally I try to get water and run back to my hotel when I need a drink. The great thing about how close the Breakers is, so I wasn't even thinking about drinks, but the food value I think is so much greater.

Guest kwindshawne
Why is it that I just think of those old WWII movies with all these new requirements.

I'm wondering when we're going to reach the point that security come up to us on the street and say "Papers Please."

Things change a lot in 20 years, don't they??