B&M Floorless Coming to KI?

FOFirehawkFAN

You guys are basing GL being closed over two coasters moved. Everyone knows that SF expanded way too much for the space that they have. I don't think GL will be going anywhere for a few seasons more at least. It's going to take at least five years to start bringing back old customers that were ticked off.

If it were to close, who knows where any of their rides end up. There's many parks in the CF chain. Would I like to see KI get Dominator? You bet...

I don't think they are basing GL being closed over two coasters moved. It's the lack of attendance and that it's one of the worst parks around imo. I can't think of a thing that makes me want to go there.

You are correct and Thanks. I could see the waterpark side staying open for awhile and it just being a waterpark, it works for the Beach. But the ride side will be gone withen 5 years. GL only charges $27 to get in at the front gate!!! and no one still wants to go. I mean the waterpark side gets pretty crowded and those people could go ride a roller coaster for free and they don't so what does that tell you?

But if GL does get rid of the rides KI is the best candidate for the Dominator, while I too want a custom CF creation I think we will get Dominator as well it only makes sense.

I would like to see the floorless coaster stay in Ohio because it's the longest and it's a great coaster. I think they (CF) will remove the Head Spin and Thunderhawk coaster from the park before Dominator. Dominator is the only good steel coaster left at the park and I feel if they loose this coaster they will kill business even more.

Guest faceoff

I have been coming to geauga lake for years now. Then i still came during the six flags years. As

a person who lives for amusement park season- i hate to see a park not doing well. If the ride park

does close,i would love to see the dominator stay in ohio. I plan on coming to geauga lake on

june 18th and other times throughout the season. I hope people support the park.

One reason I could see Dominator or any other coaster coming to KI from GL is the price of gas. That is if they close the ride side. I think using the rides at GL give CF the chance to add rides to other parks without a lot of cost as they pay down their debt. Selling some of the land there would also help with this.

Dominator is the coaster I would want from GL!

Of all coasters...why a floorless? Their hardly being built anymore. It's not like it was back in the early 2001 when they were being built like crazy. The last Floorless built was Hydra and that hasn't gotten that many good reviews.

FYI one being built 2 years ago does not cassify it as "hardly being built anymore" it's not like we're calling for a B&M standup, now those were fads. Also in case you missed something Dominator has already been built they just need to strap it down to a few trucks and unload it at KI.

It's a bit more complex than that. If Dominator is relocated, it will not be save funds for the acquiring park, but rather to further reduce the footprint at Geauga Lake, which Mr. Kinzel is still calling too big at last remembrance.

A FEW trucks?

I know it's more complicated and would take more than a few trucks.

Of all coasters...why a floorless? Their hardly being built anymore. It's not like it was back in the early 2001 when they were being built like crazy. The last Floorless built was Hydra and that hasn't gotten that many good reviews.

Like stand-ups, Floorless coasters were a fad. Kings Island needs a gool airtime coaster...preferably a B&M or Intamin. We need a coaster that people will come and WANT to ride!!!

Like stand-ups, Floorless coasters were a fad. Kings Island needs a gool airtime coaster...preferably a B&M or Intamin. We need a coaster that people will come and WANT to ride!!!

You are totally right the thousands of people that have waited 3-5 hours to ride Firehawk did'nt WANT to ride that.

Firehawk is a relocated ride that probably 25% people have already ridden. It's not an amazing coaster; we need a world class ride that isn't chok full of trims. Firehawk/X-Flight probab;y doesn't rank in the top 100 best coasters in the world.

They wanted the shirt!

Am I the only one who is amazed they are now selling said shirts for $5 at the photo booth (but ONLY with a purchase)?

Oh I'm sorry your right EVERYONE that got off that ride was saying how much they hated it. I've always wanted a shirt for a ride I hate.

Firehawk is a relocated ride that probably 25% people have already ridden. It's not an amazing coaster; we need a world class ride that isn't chok full of trims. Firehawk/X-Flight probab;y doesn't rank in the top 100 best coasters in the world.

Really what top 100 list are you looking at?

If X-Flight/Firehawk type of coasters weren't a fad I don't know what is then. However Firehawk is a great ride, but they are only 3 Vekoma Flying Coasters in operation. They are a few more other types of Flying Coasters out there though.

I wouldn't think the floorless coaster was a fad. Kraken at Sea World in Orlando is an awesome ride, it would be nice to have one similar at KI.

If X-Flight/Firehawk type of coasters weren't a fad I don't know what is then. However Firehawk is a great ride, but they are only 3 Vekoma Flying Coasters in operation. They are a few more other types of Flying Coasters out there though.

I wouldn't think the floorless coaster was a fad. Kraken at Sea World in Orlando is an awesome ride, it would be nice to have one similar at KI.

Wow that does look like a really fun coaster. And i totally agree that floorless coasters are not a fad. You could say it for any coaster really, look at hyper coasters HUGE fad.

I wouldn't even call them a fad. Remember at one point in time, everyone was trying to build the tallest and fastest coasters. Magnum started it all. I wouldn't even mind if we got a B&M Hyper Coaster. It would be different, and no other park in Ohio has one.

I wouldn't even call them a fad. Remember at one point in time, everyone was trying to build the tallest and fastest coasters. Magnum started it all. I wouldn't even mind if we got a B&M Hyper Coaster. It would be different, and no other park in Ohio has one.

True but I don't think KI will see a hyper coaster until SOB gets knocked down. Correct me if Im wrong though don't most all the CF parks (other than the former Paramount Parks) have a hyper coaster? I wonder if they want to add one to each Paramount Park of if the fad has died down on them now that the roller coaster wars are over.