B&M Floorless Coming to KI?

FOFirehawkFAN

If X-Flight/Firehawk type of coasters weren't a fad I don't know what is then. However Firehawk is a great ride, but they are only 3 Vekoma Flying Coasters in operation. They are a few more other types of Flying Coasters out there though.

Yeah, just like there are only three Beemer Flyers in operation (Tatsu at SFMM, Superman: Ultimate Flight at SF:OG, and Air at Alton Towers), and, strange as it is, they're made by the most popular ride manufacturer out there, besides Intamin.

I much prefer Vekoma Flying Coasters over the Superman variety of B and M flying coaster (found at, as said, SFOG, SFGAm and SFGAd.)

But there is only one Tatsu! Man, what a ride. Tatsu is to the others as The Beast is to the other wood coasters at Kings Island. Entirely different magnitude. Don't overlook Goliath while you are at Magic Mountain. Definitely must be experienced to be understood!

Of all coasters...why a floorless? Their hardly being built anymore. It's not like it was back in the early 2001 when they were being built like crazy. The last Floorless built was Hydra and that hasn't gotten that many good reviews.

Well it depends on how you want to look at it.

Even though Griffon at BGE is a dive coaster, it is a floorless dive coaster. And SheiKra (another dive coaster) at BGA is currently being modified to be floorless as well.

Yes, floorless is another fad, but much different than a stand-up or suspended coaster. It is a comparable fad to an inverted coaster.

I really can't imagine a park would take on the cost of modifing a coaster to become floorless after just over 2 years if it was not popular.

I think having a floorless roller coaster really would add a lot to the ride. However there are some other things I would like to see them to do before they go and get a floorless roller coaster such as a gaint airtime machine. Anyways Dominator will not be moved from GL due to the fact it was 10 million to build and would cost just as much to move it.

If X-Flight/Firehawk type of coasters weren't a fad I don't know what is then. However Firehawk is a great ride, but they are only 3 Vekoma Flying Coasters in operation. They are a few more other types of Flying Coasters out there though.

Yeah, just like there are only three Beemer Flyers in operation (Tatsu at SFMM, Superman: Ultimate Flight at SF:OG, and Air at Alton Towers), and, strange as it is, they're made by the most popular ride manufacturer out there, besides Intamin.

There are 6...

Dick did state that he wanted to downsize the park but I don't think he's stupid enough to take out the most popular coaster and their biggest draw besides the waterpark.

^ I agree.

Anything can happen, especially when it comes down to a business decision. But if CF removed Dominator to go to another park I would be absolutely shocked.

Now if GL would close down the dry park, that is a whole different story. But first of all, current indications seem that CF is not close to making the decision to close the dry side. And if GL would close, I would be surprised if Dominator would come to KI. I would think it would go to KD first.

Actually I was hoping we'd get Dominator instead of XFlight, I love those suspended roller coasters Kings Island really needs one, and I don't count Face Off There just isn't much to that, it's kind of a modern day Sreamin' Demon

While I've never been to GL I thought that ride looked like the Raptor, I'm sure nowhere as good but I love those type of suspended coasters.

Dominator isn't suspended, but yeah your legs dangle so it's kinda like one. But I agree I've never ridden Dominator, but it looks like it can't compare to Raptor. I would actually prefer to have a B&M invert over a floorless.

I rode Dominator last year at GL and I loved it. I personally think it would be a great addition to King's Island. I know they have room somewhere amongst those trees, they can make room. I know I could stand to breathe a little less air if it meant moving Dominator closer.

• 3 months later...