Which CF Park Do You Think Will Receive the Next RC?

A lot of people on here talking about the next coaster at KI but, to me, it seems some have forgotten that CF owns other parks as well. The current number of coasters (according to www.rcdb.com which doesn't count Avatar) are listed next to the park names. As known, CP, KI, Valleyfair!, and Knott's Berry Farm all received coasters which were not at their park last year.

Knowing this, which do you think will get the next coaster?

My vote goes to Knott's Great America. They lost a major coaster with the first flying one in Stealth and haven't gotten anything since. In 2001 they got a wild mouse, 99 Taxi Jam (kiddie coaster), and 98 Invertigo (clone of Face/Off) so I feel they are really due for a good one. Their two major coasters are the B&M Vortex and Top Gun which aren't bad but for a park in San Jose and less than an hour from San Francisco you'd think that there'd be a lot of potential guests that CF could try to get a hold of. Knott's Berry Farm is in the same state but it's almost 6 hours away so I don't see that much worry about competition (since Knott's should be worrying about the park down the street, Disneyland). I have been to Great America when it still had Stealth but I can't really imagine going again for a full day since there doesn't seem that much to do. Any thoughts?

CP won't receive another coaster next year, since Maverick was a major investment this year. Alot of rumors are swirling that Canada's Wonderland could see the next major CF coaster addition.

Really? What type of rumors have you heard?

I am wondering which park will be receiving Steel Venom from GL.

That could go pretty much any where since it is such a short ride. It wouldn't take nearly as much money as Firehawk (3340/704 = 4.744).

It's just sad how many coasters Cedar Point has and how little the other parks have (not counting the Paramount Parks). I mean, even though Great America hasn't broken the 10 Coaster Barrier, it still kinda fits in evenly with the other four Param. Parks....unlike Worlds of Fun, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, Dorney Park, and Knott's Berry Farm amount which pales sorely in comparison to CP's 17 thrill rides. Note that Geauga Lake doesn't count because they need to downsize anyway.

But, back to the poll, I would like to see Great America receive a new coaster; they need one BAD. And that Survivor Disk'o doesn't count.

It's just sad how many coasters Cedar Point has and how little the other parks have (not counting the Paramount Parks). I mean, even though Great America hasn't broken the 10 Coaster Barrier, it still kinda fits in evenly with the other four Param. Parks....unlike Worlds of Fun, Michigan's Adventure, Valleyfair, Dorney Park, and Knott's Berry Farm amount which pales sorely in comparison to CP's 17 thrill rides. Note that Geauga Lake doesn't count because they need to downsize anyway.

Yeah, especially Michigan's Adventure. Their last 2 coasters were built in 99 and CF has owned the park since 01. It looks like there's room around the park and I'm guessing they own it...

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...9;s%20Adventure

I have heard Dorney Park may get Steel Venom.

Steel Venom experienced a major breakdown in 2006 which caused part of the train and the LIM launch motor to become severely damaged. I don't think it was in CF's original plans to remove it but this incident forced them to. I highly doubt that it will be rebuilt anywhere.

Cedar Point. No doubt about it. CP is the flagship park.

Actually, lots of doubt about it, Maverick was a large investment and prep work started for it long before it was even announced. Kinzel said the concept for it had been in the works since 05 and around this time last year track and a permit about electric equipment began showing up around the park as hints of a new coaster. So far CP isnt showing any signs of a new coaster for next year. Just because its the flagship park doesnt mean its getting a coaster, there are lots of other parks in the chain showing great potential and a large coaster could prove to be a useful marketing tool for these well to do parks.

Yep. I think that Great America, Michigan`s Adventure and Canada`s Wonderland could all benefit from a new coaster. Whether that will occur in 2008 or not is debatable. Apparently, there has been a zoning hearing for Dorney Park on a ride that fits Steel Venom`s description. So I`d look for that ride to find its way to that park next season.

STEEL VENOM IS BROKEN AND DEAD! Cedar Fair didn't take it out to move it somewhere else. The removed it because the ride DIED and it was going to be too costly to fix. It WILL NOT be appearing at any other park.

Do you know this for a fact? I also have heard numerous rumors about the zoning hearings for Dorney.

I have heard that Steel Venom is going to Dorney Park. The ride was closed last season alot due to mechanical reasons. I have heard that Dorney Park has installed power lines already for next season. When I was GL this week they were taking down the loading station and only a small straight section of track remains.

STEEL VENOM IS BROKEN AND DEAD! Cedar Fair didn't take it out to move it somewhere else. The removed it because the ride DIED and it was going to be too costly to fix. It WILL NOT be appearing at any other park.

You make it sound like there J.I. Joe doll lost an arm. First off a ride does not break, it fails and with any mechanical device it WILL fail. From what I have heard in this case a LIM fin failed and caused damage to the launch cart. This is an easy but costly fix, something CF can handle but GL can not. What I mean by that is, CF can move the ride from one location to another and include the repairs in the cost of the move. On top of that GL has not proven to be a very profitable dry park, and with a whole slew of profitable parks with reliable maintenance personal, it is in CF best interest to move and fix the $8,000,000.00 ride. I do not know where you received your info from, but I personally would not trust them too much. I would be very surprised if they junk it.

The only "broken" part of SV is the lims and mabey the top of the trains. The coaster has a 98% chance of heading to Dorney. They recently applied a zoning permit for a coaster with two towers...not to mention that they are installing the same kind of power source that SV and WT run on...

There's no telling that this is a coaster or not but here's an interesting snippet from www.screamscape.com about Michigan's Adventure...

Back Pathway Expansion - Rumor - (6/13/07) A reader visiting Michigan’s Adventure the other day recognized what appeared to be Dick Kinzel and Camille Jourdan-Mark taking a tour behind the Timbertown Railway Station where there were quite a few orange and yellow survey flags marking some new project. Anyone else been by the park and noticed these or happen to get photos?

Ummm, Padfoot. Take a look here:

http://www.mcall.com/business/local/all-do...sinesslocal-hed

And I quote from the article:

Cedar Fair officials have confirmed Steel Venom is leaving Geauga Lake for another park. They have not said where it will go or when it will reopen.

You don't happen to know RumorSmasher, do you?

:lol:

www.screamscape.com also has this interesting tidbit about Canada's Wonderland...

2008 - New B&M Coaster - Semi-Confirmed - (6/15/07) Screamscape sources have confirmed that the park has plans to build a new coaster for 2008. The station will be located across from the Italian Job station and if the rumors are right, this will be a B&M coaster standing approximately 200 feet tall. While this could be a Hypercoaster, I’ve also heard that the layout appeared to be on the short and simple side, which could also be an indicator that it may be a Dive Machine instead.