What will SOB trains look like?

DropZone99

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct they were only 2. They did have 3 trains though, but they never could get 3 trains to run without stopping every train in the block brake. They use to rotate trains ever year. Sometimes train 1 and 2 would be used or 1 and 3 or 2 and 3. Just depending on which trains they wanted to use.

I beleive they will have 2 trains with the new ones too.

When those trains were being used on the Hurricane in Myrtle Beach, they were a tight fit to get in and out of, and if there are two people in the seat it is cramped. They remind me very much of the trains used on The Mean Streak at Cedar Point, but as for smoothness, the Hurricane jarred my guts as much as the Son of Beast does. I even made a comment to the operators my last time riding it because in one of the dips after the first hill, it actually felt like their was a major defect in the track, it actually hurt bad when we hit that point, and their comment was that alot of people have been complaining how rough it is.

They probably will be. The SOB old trains weren't too bad until they raised the floors in them.

The SOB trains were horrible for anyone over 6'0" and/or 200lbs. They were the tiniest trains I've ever been in besides The Beastie. That's one of the reasons I got hurt so badly when I rode SOB. Hopefully the new trains will be much roomier.

sry, its not roomy at all, its made to be as light as possible to put as lease amount of stress on the stucture at all. Thinking the old trains are like a hummer, this is like a compact car. and the nice big lapbar is also gone...its just a single pipe

I really don't think its a great idea to use trains from another coaster. If the park wants people to ride it, why cut corners and get ****ty cars that will once again provide a horrible ride experience. Maybe it was just the track of the ride that the cars used to run on, but if its not, then my guess is it will be even more painful traveling at greater speeds and harder Gs. But, until I ride SoB with the new trains I will not judge.

Actually, the trains will look slightyly different than whats in the picture. Remember, SOB has a wider gauge than what the trains are. If done right, you could actually have a little bit more room, however I have a feeling that the body will stay the same, while the base of the trains will be widened.

How do we know that these new trains will give an "expletive deleted" ride?

I don't see how these trains could be any worse than the previous. Anything would be an improvement.

Oh, really? I see someone hasn't ridden Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain. Shopping cart, anyone?

Guest faceoff

My best guess is the trains will have front and back seat in each car with a seatbelt and lapbar. There

will be wheels underneath each car to keep things moving. I think i am right in my answer. LOL!!!

I am looking forward to riding sob.

I just hope that those trains are going to be able to hold up to the forces of SOB. I don't know how many of you have seen Hurricane but...well...it was pretty puny. I never got the chance to ride but from the road...it was relatively small. I really just hope they can withstand those types of force.

Hey guys! im at Kings Island right now.

I have some good news about SOB!

Matenice was working, and they turned ON the lift hill!

The station lights were on and everything

They were working on the place were they store the extra cars.

Im SO excited!

Im on my sidekick.. and im about to go ride IJ:ST. Just thought i'd share!