What will SOB trains look like?

DropZone99

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know if this could possibly be open within the next 7-10 days? I'm visiting the park on the 28th, and I'd really like to ride Son of Beast. But if they haven't even started testing, things don't look too good. Oh well, there's always Firehawk to ride.

Kight31Woodmen

Maybe they will open it on the One year anniversery of the incident.

lol that would be hilarious! but id doubt it, just because then that would give the press something to report on. "Son of Beast opens exactly one year after an incident sending 27 passengers to the hospital..." just wouldnt be a great idea dont ya think?

I thought you were referring to my post. But now I see you are referring to the post before mine with the "wood" in it. LOL....

Back on Topic, I just hope all of this work and the new trains improves the ride 100 %. The Park has already wasted a bunch of money on this sucker. I have a feeling that if Cedar Fair has to sink a bunch of money into every year, the rest of SOB's life will be short.

i myself will ride it as soon as it reopens as well, just thought that it would be a bad idea to open it on the anniversary because the press could have a field day with that. i for one enjoy this ride, and so cant wait for it to reopen. hope its open when i go july 10th for sure.

Would the press having a "field day" necessarily be a bad thing?

The press covered the incident rather extensively. It made national news. Everyone knew that the ride would be closed for a significant amount of time.

A benefit of the press covering it would allow people to realize that it's back open. Do you think it may remind people of the incident? I doubt anyone is going to really forget; in fact, the actual event might be greatly exaggerated by patrons. How many times have you been in line for a coaster and heard how so many people had died on the ride?

People are dare devils: They will want to ride SoB just to say that they did!

From a public relations point of view, I'm not sure opening on the day of the incident would actually be such a bad idea...

in fact, the actual event might be greatly exaggerated by patrons. How many times have you been in line for a coaster and heard how so many people had died on the ride?

It's amazing how the GP has gotten this rediculous rumor about SoB. I was scoping out SoB from ET last week when I overheard some lady say to her friend "Yea, that's the ride someone died on last year. They need to tear it down before it kills someone else".

I just wanted to smack her upside the head and say "No one friggin' died on it, ok?"

Of course, I didn't do that though. :P

There really is no telling. I would think they would want to do alot of tests on that thing. The State will probably require so many hours of testing as well. I also recall hearing that when the State comes out to certify the ride, they will ride it as well. But I don't remember where I heard that.

i went to KI today, and I saw that they must have been loading a train because the track (by station that holds extra trains) was moved, and they had a crane (which I think was loading up track for it).

I didnt see a train today though.

This is exciting!