What will SOB trains look like?

DropZone99

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is amazing news! hope someone else could clue us in to more of whats going on later, but thanks dud, love the info! im def gonna be so excited to finally ride this again! heh, not that i havent rid it recently , i rode it the thursday before it happened... multiple times. and it was fine then.

I saw the lights on in the station when I was at the park on Thursday night. Could Matenice team just checking everything out to make sure it still works before they add the cars back on? Or just making sure after all this time eveything is still working the why it should?

I saw the lights on in the station when I was at the park on Thursday night. Could Matenice team just checking everything out to make sure it still works before they add the cars back on? Or just making sure after all this time eveything is still working the why it should?

What time did you see the lights? While the sun was still up, or when it got dark?

What time did you see the lights? While the sun was still up, or when it got dark?

It was 9:45 pm at night with the sun down.

its 7 PM, im leaving the park right now. No one is at SOB anymore. I don't see ANY trains.

To answer previous questions, the lights WERE infact on, in daylight. The station was shaded, and I highly doubt (ill bet $50) that it was a sun glare. My camera on my phone SUCKS.or I would take pictures.

No cars were added (from what I can see.

The lights are ON right now, at 7.03.

I hear a noise in the station, which would be the Que fans.

A blue truck just FLEW by.

I did attempt to take some pics, but ill upload them to photobucket on the car ride home, but I doubt they will be worth viewing.

Ahhh! Im EXCITED!

It looks like they are making sure everything works before something happens, which hopefully means touch ups and the installation of the *NEW* cars!

Just a note, I didnt get to take pictures of the crew becuase my phone was in a locker by tomb raider, which is where I made the first post from (, but I did however try to take pictures of the station and a picture of the track (to show as an example) of where they were working on.) I litterally SCREAMED when I saw them working.. In a very manly way tho.. hah :). It's nice to know progress is being made!

I wish I could go tomorrow to see if they do any thing more, but the next time i will be able to go is two mondays from now.

But they used the station speakers and told one of the guys to "__insertname___, turn on the lift hill", which I not only HURD running, but saw the actual round thing moving at the very top of the hill that catches on to the chain(excellent terminology, I know :))

You can't see the lights on because of the crappy phone camera.. But theres what everything looked like as of today.

Part they were working on. It's RIGHT where the final block brakes are :)

Station. Couldn't see a train though.

Another station picture [[with a lady walking by!]]

Different view

I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the crew. There was a good 4 or 5 people working ON that brake run section, and then there was probably 2 or 3 more in the actual station.

If I remember right didn't they take out the pic thing off of the SOB last year or a couple years ago. It looks like it's there now.

No, i havent rode SOB since late June 06 and i got my picture taken.

I think they should take it out and put it some where your actually scared...

=]

To add to this, I was at the park on Thursday (6/14) and also noticed 4-5 men working on the section bparrott pointed out in this pic. I also zoomed in from the Eiffel Tower to see a clear view of the station. There were no trains to be seen, but there were a bunch of water dummies on the side closest to me. Hopefully all of this is a good sign.

I will be at the park on Wednesday and I will try to take some pictures to see if anything is going on with SOB. Last time I was up I did not see any trains on the track, but the track does look ready for testing.

I got to thinking. Theses must be brand New G-Trains not used because it should only like take 2 weeks to ship them up to us if they were coming form the Hurricane ride I mean it only took like a day to ship up Firehawks trains .

As was stated before, they have to adjust the trains to fit Son of Beast`s extra large track gage. Also, once all the structural repairs to the ride were completed, a third party structural engineer had to verify that Kings Island corrected all the structural issues that the state cited in its report about the accident from last July. The state will not certify the ride to run again until the engineer has signed off on the corrections.