What will SOB trains look like?

DropZone99

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't a pull through that I witnessed. It was a train filled with the water dummies doing a cycle. I believe Ryan has some pics as he called me as I was on my way to the Park. The new trains look so odd running the tracks as they are significantly shorter than the old ones. I only saw one cycle from the Firehawk queue.

- Todd

It wasn't a pull through that I witnessed. It was a train filled with the water dummies doing a cycle. I believe Ryan has some pics as he called me as I was on my way to the Park. The new trains look so odd running the tracks as they are significantly shorter than the old ones. I only saw one cycle from the Firehawk queue.

- Todd

I noticed that the trains looked really short as well. It looked like there were only 12 seats! The pictures of Hurricane at Myrtle Beach show trains that are twice as long.

I noticed that the trains looked really short as well. It looked like there were only 12 seats! The pictures of Hurricane at Myrtle Beach show trains that are twice as long.

Hey, they wanted light. :blink:

Yeah I'm wondering if they are only this short for testing purposes.

I am not an engineer, but I would have to imagine that to get an accurate test you would need the entire train that you intend on operating.

Unless this was just the test to see on how the track gauging modifications came out, and how it will glide *snicker, snicker* on the track.

^Station modification? That is the easy part.

Adjusting prox switches, photo eyes, blocks etc. would be more of a concern.

And never say never. If a 3 car train is what it takes to get the multi-million dollar lawn ornament operating, you can bet your pressed SoB logo coin that is exactly what CF will do.

;)

They were probably just using three cars so they could pull it through the track and make sure nothing hit anything. With the modified wheels, who knows what they might hit...if anything, which is why they do that test. And...instead of using one car like most pull throughs, they used three to make sure the joints could pivot and rotate to make it all the way around the track and not wedge itself somewhere half way through.

They were probably just using three cars so they could pull it through the track and make sure nothing hit anything. With the modified wheels, who knows what they might hit...if anything, which is why they do that test. And...instead of using one car like most pull throughs, they used three to make sure the joints could pivot and rotate to make it all the way around the track and not wedge itself somewhere half way through.

The train that I saw on the circuit AND parked in the station later in the evening was the full train. We counted 6 cars from our viewing from the tower. So, they really do just look that short :-) And once again, this was NOT a pull through but a full cycling of the train.

- Todd

The train that I saw on the circuit AND parked in the station later in the evening was the full train. We counted 6 cars from our viewing from the tower. So, they really do just look that short :-) And once again, this was NOT a pull through but a full cycling of the train.

- Todd

With all 6 cars???

With all 6 cars???

Just left KI. There is a full train on the loading station and yes, it has all 6 cars and full of water dummies. Also, there are no headrests, but cannot see the restraint system.

I snapped a couple of nice close-ups and will post them when I get home.

Saw it today too. Six cars, four people to a car.

While I'm here I'll rant. I hate stupid people. I was standing someone in line for Firehawk today and she asks me what I think of "The "Son of "The" Beast (grr). I replied with I can't wait 'til it reopens. This was followed by a reaction of "Oh, no, no ,no, they're tearing it down." To which I said they aren't they just got the new trains and have started testing. Then she said, "Well, last I heard they were tearing it down because someone died on it last summer." I then proceeded to explain the cracked vertical timber and that there were many injuries but none fatal. I decided to give up there when she was still adamant that it was being demolished. I didn't want a woman with more armpit hair than me to begin getting ****ed.

Where do people hear this stuff? Arg!

I hope for the same thing too. I just don't want KI to waste all of this money on this ride if it's not going to make it better. Just think what they could build instead. I understand though if they do decided to ever remove SOB that it will take money to demolish and clean up the ride area. I just hope they get it right this time.

Saw it today too. Six cars, four people to a car.

While I'm here I'll rant. I hate stupid people. I was standing someone in line for Firehawk today and she asks me what I think of "The "Son of "The" Beast (grr). I replied with I can't wait 'til it reopens. This was followed by a reaction of "Oh, no, no ,no, they're tearing it down." To which I said they aren't they just got the new trains and have started testing. Then she said, "Well, last I heard they were tearing it down because someone died on it last summer." I then proceeded to explain the cracked vertical timber and that there were many injuries but none fatal. I decided to give up there when she was still adamant that it was being demolished. I didn't want a woman with more armpit hair than me to begin getting ****ed.

Where do people hear this stuff? Arg!

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I was talking to someone about the SOB thing (setting things straight -- he thought someone died on it too) and I continued the conversation with the guy from the Eiffel Tower elevator all the way down to the ground level. I guess some lady overheard me talking and came up to me and started telling me about a bad experience she had at one of the food stands. I was just like, "Ma'am, I don't work here." Wasn't there a car commercial that was almost exactly like that? :rolleyes: